• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preacher Claims Pokemon Is SATANIC!

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years

I'm not very good at embedding videos, so here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdVItTk5UA

Your thoughts? Personally, I think he's just mad that he can't beat Brock on Yellow. Also, where are these pokemon gangs? I am interested in joining.

Last edited:

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    People say stuff like this sometime. They're just stupid.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    WTF. I laughed when he said, "Then when they walk down the streets, and they pull out their 45 and pump some friend full of bullets..." what kid that plays Pokemon is gonna have a gun? What a sad life this guy has. Next he's gonna say that playing Zelda is bad too. -_- He should talk to my brother about his MW3 addiction. It's a good game and all, but my brother gets REALLY serious about it.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Yeah, they also say that Harry Potter is a tale written by the Devil.
    God forbid if anyone wants to do anything fun because keep in mind, if it's fun than that must mean it was designed by the Devil himself.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
    Haha, I had a crazy laugh attack at that "Why? Why? Why?" part :D

To this preacher guy:

Preacher Claims Pokemon Is SATANIC!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Well, Pokémon is a 'hell' of a game!
    Am I right? ... no ... oh...

Ferny S. Ninetales

The Shiny Ninetales
    Years
    I personally think it's ridiculous when people think that Pokemon is evil. I'm a Christian, my whole family is Christian, and none of them think Pokemon is evil. I mean, it's a video game and TV series! How "evil" can it be? It's all just fiction so there's absolutely no harm in it.

Whitefire321

Person that sprites. Woo hoo.
    Years
    Didn't watch the vid. :L

The most sense i can make of it, is that pokemon is forcing evilution [thats how i say/spell it. real word is 'evolution', the bellief that humans came from monkeys and the universe came from nothing.] on kids, Arceus and other legends are 'gods' [its fiction! what do you want?!?] and some other 'anti'-christian stuff [assuming the preacher is/was christian, as i didn't watch the video and most people with the title 'preacher' claim to be christian].

Hey, i'm christian too. I don't believe in evilution. I play the game because its FUN. I do not 'believe' in pokemon [lol? yet to find someone who does. that'd be hilarious.]. and i dont really see it 'forcing' evilution on people [unless you read the manga or anything with 'millions/billions of years' or 'big bang']. Its just a term they use. Actually, pokemon isnt really evilution IMO [handheld games]. think about it. evilution - species change from one species to another. thats like pikachu + furret = piplup. ah, no? that would also be like people coming from pokemon or vice-versa. o__0 i guess one could argue that sceptile is a different species from grovyle... but not really. sceptile + sceptile = treeko and ultimately oh look, grovyle and another sceptile. i think the only in-game sign of evilution is manaphy + ditto = phione. but even that isnt really evilution, as phione is just manaphy's prevo that lacks the ability to turn into a manaphy.

/end rant

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    It's a video game that frikkin made by Japanese. Why would it be satanic while most Japanese doesn't believe nor knowing christian? Serious preacher like this in any areligion should make better of their time rather than spreading nonsense hate.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Haha! I saw this comment, "May Arceus have mercy on him." Also, he called the world of pokemon witchcraft!

I loved the annotations. I completely agreed with them. This guy is just a belligerent idiot. He contradicts himself about ten times in the video, one time saying "It's JUST a game," then saying this line, "Everything in life is REAL."

What's more sad is the people actually listening to him though. I mean how far do you have to over-think this to even relate pokemon to religion?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Another dumb person.
    Everyone has the right of have opinions, but please, research about what you gonna talk...
    Right now I think that this particullary Preacher is controled by Satan

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    People like him are the reason why humanity was stunted in the Dark Ages.

User19sq

Pokemon is just a game. An extremely fun and popular game. Has nothing to do with Satan or religion.

Years
    I remember seeing this a few years ago. It's obvious that someone didn't do their homework when deciding Pokemon was the work of Satan. I also had a laugh when he said that kids were able to "channel the powers" of Pokemon to cast spells and use witchcraft.

Last time I checked, Pokemon was originally based off bug collecting, not witchcraft and killing your friends.

Back