• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Predict the Gen 7 mascots

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    From the Pokemon that have been revealed so far, who do you think is most likely to be one of the mascots for this Gen?
    Obviously the starters, but aside from them I think Komala will be used a lot in the media.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If you mean mascots kinda like how Zoroark and Lucario were for their gens, then I'd probably say Rockruff. It is already said to have some hidden secret and we saw how Kukui was holding one during the opening sequence.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Yeah, the rotom dex is going to be a mascot of this generation unless they add it in to future generation.

As for others, I can't see any of the currently released pokemon being a huge mascot, except possibly Tapu Koko. The mascots are typically cool dragony legendaries or pseudo-legendaries, or awesome human-like animals.

Years
  • Each generation tends to have one starter that is usually more popular and more exposed in the anime than the others. I know the last three generations had the Water-type starter (although Piplup's evolutions weren't as popular as Piplup itself, which explained why Dawn's Piplup never evolved) as the most exposed in the anime so I could see Popplio following the trend if his evolutions appeal to a Japanese audience a lot.

However, when you look at the fact Torchic was the most exposed 3rd Gen starter (mainly due to Blaziken) and Piplup got Pikachu-level exposure on most 4th Gen merchandise, there's also the possibility of Rowlet becoming the popular 7th Gen starter. Not just among the fanbase (where Rowlet is leading most fan popularity polls of the Alola starters) but among marketing as well.

Back