• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Predictions for the Gen VI Pokedex

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    OK, so Gen V started this new idea of "starting fresh," with no preexisting Pokemon in the Pokedex (but Pikachu signs and stuff at every turn anyways.)

So, when Gen VI comes out in a few years, what do you think they'll do with the Regional Dex?
    *Use Pokemon from all previous Gens as well as new guys
    *Use only brand new Pokemon
    *Use Pokemon from Gens V and VI only
    *Use primarily Gen VI Pokemon, but explain origins of some older Pokemon (Corphish is supposed to be an invasive species, the origin of starters, etc.)
    *Use primarily Gen V and VI Pokemon, but explain origins of some older Pokemon.

I personally would enjoy the last option most, as it would sort of emulate the Gen II dex, and I've really wanted to know where Corphish and the starters originally come from for a while, because the starters are clearly imported from somewhere, and at least one of Corphish or Crawdaunt's Pokedex entries mentions them being invasive species.

So, opinions?

Years
    There seems to be a pattern of "renewing" the series every odd numbered generation and then expanding on the existing pokemon in the even numbered generations. Based on that, I can see Gen VI being much like Gen IV by having a bunch of new pokemon and also a bunch of evos/pre-evos of older pokemon.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I agree with what the poster said above me but I think it may introduce different forms for some Pokemon from Gen V, I do think it will have Gen V and IV Pokemon in it. I think it's going to be a similar concept from Red/Blue/Green/Yellow to Gold/Silver/Crystal Pokemon.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "explaining the origins of starters and older pokemon". Many people origins are already explained over the generations. Yes some pokemon may be migratory but if they are going to have past pokemon migrate they can do so post game. Yes Crophish was imported but what prompts you to believe regional starters of their said region are imported? They are given in that region so it would only make sense they are native to that region. So the professors just capture them in the wild or whatever scenario they do to get them. Irrc Oak and Birch captured their starters they give too the beginning trainers.

Depending the proximity of the new region to Unova then I would be more inclined to give a explanation of what options you have listed. If it is close I would go with Gen V and Gen VI pokes and some of the Gen VI are evolutions and pre-evo of Gen V pokes. Or if they are not right next too each other then maybe evolutions/pre evo of previous gen. And random generations are included as well as the current ones.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I thinki its entirely to early to start predicting how get VI will turn out.

But im hoping for a meowth prevo.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    im hoping for a R/S/E remake but if theres new pokemon i dont mind. just please add the feature like in SS/HG that the pokes follow you :)

i used to use my bike in every pkmn game but when that feature came out. i just always used my running shoes lol. i love seeing/interacting with the pkmn. :)

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Well, it is too early to start thinking now but...

For the Pokedex, I'd probably think it might include Gen V and VI but by also adding some evolutions to gen V PkMn. Of course, we can't tell for sure, I personally would love it if they reunited all the old pokemons but that's unlikely....

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    It's far too early to predict the outcomes of generation VI. \; Depending on the success of Black and White [Which is very good] they'll either do the same or go back to having some older Pokemon in.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Unfortunately, I think they'll continue on with that theme of the brand new start and only have Gen V and Gen VI Pokemon in the Dex, which was one of the main things I hated about B/W. I hope they do backtrack though, perhaps if they placed it in a region somewhere half way between Unova and the rest of the regions, we could have the best of both worlds.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
    I prefer the B/W style with all brand new pokemon maybe till post e4. I hate nothing more than when I first played Crystal version, walked into the grass and guess what? Flipping Rattata and Pidgey!!! I swear to god >.> if I see another one of those guys I will hurt someone. No.. they should stick with all brand new till post e4 I don't want to recognize any pokemon till then it helps make the game feel fresh.

Back