• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preferred hair length

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Simple question. At what length do you usually keep or cut your hair? Do you do it because you like how it looks on you or out of practicality?

I personally like keeping my hair somewhat short, but lately not so short as to not be able to tie it back. I've grown quite fond of tying my hair in a bun or tiny little ponytail during the pandemic... yet I always end up cutting it too short for that because of split ends and general annoyance. :c I'm currently waiting for it to grow back so I can have myself a neat bun, and I hope to have the strength to keep it that way this time.

pkmin3033

Well, I can either have my hair cut extremely short, or I can let it grow out. My hair is obscenely curly and thick so if I have it medium length it goes up into the most unmanageable afro imaginable, which I absolutely despise. Straightening it to avoid this would take far too much effort, so it's easier to just let it grow out and tie it back. I look weird with short hair now, so I keep it long out of necessity and personal preference between the only two viable options I have.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I generally cut my hair when I feel it tickle my ears, so it's generally never longer than a few centimeters ^^"

Same for my beard. Not that I shave my beard when it tickles my ears, but when my mustache tickles my lips.

Years
    My hair is long and generally worn in a plait or ponytail. I've been considering cutting it shorter again though. I like how it looks a lot better long but my hair is stupidly thick and curly so preventing it from getting tangled in the worst knots imaginable is hell like this.

Years
    i've been growing my hair out for almost 4 years now and it's generally kept in a ponytail when i'm not home

i plan to cut it once it gets to my waistline or when graduation happens - whichever one comes first!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I keep mine shoulder length and kind of rip my hair out a lot so it can remain short, but I know I need to stop doing that? I don't want to have my hair extremely short because I like being able to play with it with my hands, I guess. Otherwise, I'd have it cut really short.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
    I'm a dude, so i keep mine pretty short. Not super short, mind you, it's a modestly short length. Think Ultra Sun/Moon's "Medium And Smooth" haircut length option. I HATE when it gets too long since it starts curling at the edges and my hairline in the back has a funny shape.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Shoulder length. I have objectively beautiful hair and the world needs to know and shoulder length looks good and is easy to manage.

Years
    I'm too lazy to cut my hair, but also like to have them short. So I usually get extra short haircut and then let it overgrow until it gets in my eyes. I'm currently in that phase and I'm looking forward to get a haircut.

Years
    Adorable thread!

I like my hair a bit past my shoulders - something like this, can be slightly longer or shorter. It's really comfortable and so much better than back when my hair went down to the middle of my back, not to mention looks good with some layers too.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
    I have real short hair, because my hair gets kinda ugly when it's between long and short, but I would like to grow it out, and see how it is to have long hair. I just... still live with my parents, so that's not a possibility.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    My hair is currently waist-length, and I really like it long - I always had long hair as a little girl but experimented with shorter styles in grade 9, then again in uni ('short' to me being shoulder-length to boob length). When the pandemic hit I let it grow out again mostly due to apathy, but when I realized how long it was getting I liked it so I just let it keep growing and worked in some layers to give it more movement.

I actually find longer hair easier to manage from a styling perspective - when I have shorter hair, if I want it to look good I have to style it (I remember I used to blow dry and straighten my hair every day), especially when it sits at my shoulders it's very prone to curling upwards. But with how weighty my hair is at this length it mostly hangs straight with just enough wave to give it a bit of volume, so I can just air dry every day and it looks great. I'll get out the curling iron or straightener only if I'm feeling fancy.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I prefer longer hair in how it looks. I've never liked having hair above shoulder length and I think mid to lower back is about as far as I go before I decide it's too long.

With dyed hair I find it much easier to look after when it's shorter so right now I'm very happy with having it just a bit more than shoulder length. I used to never go get my hair cut at a salon (DIY at home?!) but I decided to get one when I dyed it last time and I have to say I am liking shorter hair a lot more now that I get more layered haircuts. So maybe above shoulder length will make a return someday :D

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
    I generally prefer shorter hairstyles on account of they're easier to manage than longer hairstyles. Mine rn is a little past shoulder length and I've been growing it out since January. I don't like managing longer hair, but I want to grow mine out so I can experiment with layered haircuts. I feel like my hair now is too short (and thin) to get a decent layered style.

Years
    I want mine longer and longer. It doesn't really seem like it's growing and being curly, it is a mess to manage them. But I would like to have even longer hair.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    I usually cut my hair between big and short. I like my hair big and fluffy, I think I look better with it. I don't have long hair not only because I don't want to, but also because my hair don't grow long, it grows in volume, like, it grows to the sides. It's not bad, in fact, I love it. The only main flaw with my hair is that it's hard to brush…

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    If you asked me this years ago, my answer would have been long, like to the waist.
    I've thought about shorter hair before but my reaction was always "but I'm scared to cut it!" or "what will people think of it?" or "what if I hate it?" Cue last year and I've seriously considered chopping it off just as a new era of me going back to school. I've wrote a pros and cons list, read testimonials, and when I was set in stone for like a month, I booked an appointment to chop it off. Even though the final days of it were me hating my long hair, I wasn't lying when I said I was incredibly nervous. I've gained confidence on the chair and seeing it go was the most liberating feeling ever, even if it was up to the shoulders. My only regret was not doing this sooner and I love keeping my hair shoulder-length or a little shorter today because it just frames my face perfectly and it has so much life. I do have thoughts to grow out my hair one day just to chop it off again, which I'm kind of doing rn because I refuse to lose any green in my hair.

Back