• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preffered Software for making AMVs?

Dark Symphonia

GENERATION V!
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    Just a random question: Which software do you prefer to use for making AMVs?

I tried making some videos (not exactly the AMV type) for fun using Windows Movie Maker but it's really buggy on my Windows Vista. I have not tried iMovie though, although the other computer in my household has it.

So what are you guys' opinions?

Years
  • For AMV's, I use Adobe Premier Pro CS5.
    The problem is I have a student license and it is a very expensive program, so I doubt you would be able to get a hold of it without doing some dodgy cracks.

Have a Google search and see what it pulls up under 'free video editing software'.​

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • iMovie is pretty good, if you have it, otherwise I'd recommend Adobe Premiere Elements (the consumer version of the professional video program). iMovie is free with any Mac, and only works on macs, and Premiere Elements usually runs around the $79 mark. So far it's the best I can find. You can also get it in a Photoshop Premiere Elements bundle pack for around $148, which may come in handy if you have anyone in your family that is a shutterbug (likes taking pictures)

Dark Symphonia

GENERATION V!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    Hmm...how about freeware video-editing software recommendations? Because I can't fork out money for computer stuff at this point in time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'd say Live Movie Maker is your best bet.

It is what I use, and it is not as limited as the other freeware movie editors.

Dark Symphonia

GENERATION V!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    I'd say Live Movie Maker is your best bet.

It is what I use, and it is not as limited as the other freeware movie editors.

Well, the thing is...is it buggy? Because I got really fed up with Windows Movie Maker's frequent crashes

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Sony Vegas 8.0+ Would be the best shot if you ask me, I always use Sony vegas 9.0 and I think it's the best for effects and precision. Although if you want something free i've only ever used WMM.

Back