• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prejudice.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm expecting people to make politically correct answers for this question, but I figured I'd ask it anyway. Are you prejudice in any way, shape or form against something or someones, even if it doesn't come through any means of your own and tends to happens without you realizing it?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Take Vendak's answer and pretend that I wrote it.

Also, I'm prejudiced against children. I find them incredibly irritating and resent that once they come into this world suddenly everything is about them.

Years
  • Okay, I'm gonna try to answer this all serious-like.

I think I'm somewhat prejudiced against one group of people from a certain country. Don't wanna say specifically because that isn't really important. I dunno why. I haven't met very many people from there, but I have all these anecdotal stories from other people, from things I've read (and things that weren't prejudiced themselves or anything), that just sort of coalesced in my head and now I have this unfavorable mental image. Of course I know that's all it is, but still, it's something that pops up in my mind and I have to consciously push it aside.

I also have a knee-jerk reaction upon learning that someone I like/admire/respect/etc. is religious. Again, it's irrational and I know this, but causes a small mental storm that I have to weather. I do try to keep these things from affecting my actions though.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • Also, I'm prejudiced against children. I find them incredibly irritating and resent that once they come into this world suddenly everything is about them.
    but you were a child once...
    sorry, i just had to say it. haha.

as much as i hate to admit it, although i'm part of the lgbtq* community and have said more than once that i dislike the stereotypes that are thrown at us, i have this very slight tendency to quickly make an assumption that someone is gay or a lesbian based on their choice of clothing and interests. i personally think that it was because i was raised in an environment where stereotypes were strong, especially on what "men" and "women" were "supposed" to be.
    now, i still have these prejudiced thoughts come to me unconsciously whenever, say, i see a flamboyantly dressed man or something, but i always do my best to push these away. after all, i've been labelled once, and it's not a pleasant feeling.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
  • I'm prejudiced against people that seem rude or mean. I just end up assuming the worst about them in every situation. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    I have prejudice on no one.... except smokers. That's right. Smokers. No prejudice on men, women, blacks, politicians or anything. Just smokers. Because they all look alike, smoking their cigarette in a mindless pattern, right outside school, and making the air smell really bad. Also, hate smokers in MMORPGs who go AFK in the middle of something important just to smoke a cigarette.

Back