• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Preperations For Platinum

Did You/Have You/Are You Going to do any Prep For Platinum

• Yes, Already Finished

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Still Preping

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • No, I am Not Going to Tranfer My Pokemon Onto Platinum

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • No, Im Not Getting Platinum

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    If Your Doing any what are they?

Mine Were: ((Yay I got Done Yesterday)):cer_boogie:
    • Get All Pokemon To Lv.50 At least. ((Omg that took Soo Long:cer_pissed:))
    • Make sure moves are exceptible.
    • Give a Item to every pokemon ((Sea Incence to Kyogre, Ect..))
    • Get All Lengendarys ((Excluding Arceus)) Through GTS, or Trading Events
    • Breed A Bunch of Pokemon
    • Get all Item Trade Evolution Evolved. ((Seadra @ DragonScale+Trade=Kindra))
    • Obtain All Pokemon Unavalible in Platinum
    Well It took awhile, but I think it'll be worth it..

So What Did You/Have You/Going to Do?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    All I have left to just transfer them all. Mainly just my EVd Pokemon. I may just leave all my breeding Pokemon on Pearl and Diamond as storage. I really didnt have to prepare other than cloning Rotoms with a good nature since I want on on a future team(Mow and Frost Forms!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I put together all the Pokes I wanna transfer in one box. It should only take like a hour or so to transfer them all. I plan on using Diamond to do monotype challenges now and stuff like that :D

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    I put together all the Pokes I wanna transfer in one box. It should only take like a hour or so to transfer them all. I plan on using Diamond to do monotype challenges now and stuff like that :D

Omg thanks for reminding me.. I havnt evr done one of those.. so Yeah Im going to do one on my Diamond gamee..
    But Yeah.. I did all my prep, it took a week

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    Yep. I've already got my event shaymin (btw it has perfect sp attack and almost perfect speed = ownage in sky form) and my event regigigas (he has perfect special attack too, too bad his sp attack SUCKS!). And I'm transfering my shinies to platinum too.

Years
    I have until tomorrow too:

- Raise all pokemon level 50 and Higher (Almost done...)
    - Attach items to them all
    - Prepare my starter Pikachu egg with Volt tackle (Working on the breeding ..)
    - Collect all Legendaries (Need Legendary birds still, wont take long to get. Same with Mewtwo)
    - Collect any last favourites I don't already have, which I think I have them all now.
    - Oh and prepare my Contest Group to be sent over as well.

:)

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Gahh. Too much left o_0
    Get all of the eeveelutions with decent natures (I have five left to get...)
    Get TMs (Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, moves like that) in Emerald and Fire Red since I kind of wasted them in Diamond.
    Get through Emerald and save any useful items and capture any interesting Pokemon to transfer over with my items.
    Same with Fire Red...

And all of this is okay, seeing as there's a good chance I won't be getting Platinum 'til my birthday...

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I've just done a little bit of training with my current pokemon team. I'm also trying to figure out what I'm going to switch out for my main team with my legendaries. I will only be using legendaries if my opponent is using them as well.

Designation_Leader

I iz ubsessed wit teh kittehz!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    I may:

-Transfer all legendaries (RIP Diamond and Pearl)
    -Transfer all shinies
    -Transfer all starter eggs (took FOREVER to get all 12!)
    -Transfer a Lucky Egg or two.
    -Transfer hacked Pokemon for Battle Frontier. (BTW, those Pokemon are for battling local only. I don't cheat and use them on WiFi/)
    -And other stuff

All in all, I am about...70% done prepping. But I'm not going to transfer until afterwards. Well, it depends if I get the Gracidea Flower before or after E4. If so, then I am SO transferring.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I'm not transferring my trade fodder over to Platinum, but I have other small things to do by tomorrow or eventually.

In game team
    - Decide on what I want to train @_@;
    - Dump starter, lol

Possible Wifi team candidates
    - Breed Scyther
    - Breed Gliscor
    - Breed Togekiss
    - Breed Typhlosion
    - EV train Gyarados
    - EV train Azumarill
    - EV train Ampharos
    - Nickname Lucario
    - Train Metagross
    - Tutor Kingdra

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm still plodding along with Pokedex completion (about 80% done), but I know I have all the ones I'm gonna actually use, so no rush.

I need to figure out whether I should borrow my friend's DS (though she's hardly ever available), or be patient and wait to transfer until I can get a DSi, and since my car's in the repair shop, find someone to take me to GameStop tomorrow.

I also need to pick out/breed/name Pokemon for my team(s) and figure out what the heck I'm gonna name my trainer, since I don't wanna use the same name as any of my other games, and I'm out of good ideas.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    I've pretty much done what I needed to do already before I go pick up my pre-ordered copy of Platinum tomorrow. I've already:

• Gotten and trained my event Shaymin (it has really good Sp. Attack and Speed!)
    • Got event Regigigas (Adamant natured)
    • Got together all Pokémon I'm trading to my Platinum when I beat it and get the Nat. Dex
    • Gotten all TMs, just in case my army might need them

I have until "the big day" to/to finish:

• Attach items to them that I think would be useful
    • (Possibly) breed/clone a Rotom
    • Read everything I have on Platinum (again...), including Serebii, Nintendo Power, some Wikis, and the official site
    • Run through Sinnoh in my Pearl (u know... last memories)

Since I'll have Platinum, I probably won't be playing Pearl much, unless it's to transfer more Pokémon, or for old time's sake. Wish I lived in New York though, so I could go to the Platinum launch party today. I bet those lucky people are going to laugh it up just because they got it one day earlier. So, as you can see, I have a bunch left to do. But all of those except the last two are things I might or might not do. Basically, I'm ready for Platinum.

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    I like seeing what peoples are doing cause, then It might remind me that I should do that.. =)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ha ha! I got my Platinum early! I kinda sold myself for it! Lol Im transfering now but Im not using them. got the new wallpapers too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2009
    im breeding my dragonite charizard salamence milotic pidgeot and meganium so i can transfer the lv 1's

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Well, since Platinum's gonna be my main Battle Version, with the VS Recorder and all, the only thing I'm transfering from my Pearl are my battle Pokémon such as EV-Trained ones, good-natured UT Pokémon to train, and Greatly-IVed Pokémon, as well. Pearl's only use now is being a home to all my Events, Shinies and rare Legendaries I've managed to get my hands on, so that it isn't so forgotten. Platinum PWNs!

Back