• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Press <missing string> to see Thread Title

What sound option do you set in the in-game?

• Stereo

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Mono

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I alternate between both for [reason] because I'm [s]weird[/s] cool.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • What? Pokemon has options? D:

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    In the options of the games... yes. Poll question says the rest.

I've always had mono and will keep it as such, stereo is annoying for me and sounds quieter. :|

Edit: Error in poll question, "in the in-game" should be "in-game".

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Good god, that's a surprising number of people unaware of the options...

They're on the new game/continue menu, also in-game when start is pressed. I'm surprised that anyone misses it given the fact that practically every other game in existence also has options.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I think I used to play with this in R/B/Y generation but I completely forgot about it and can't say I play around with it

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I always just have it one Stereo...what's the difference?
    The Stereo is a type of sound that has two different channels, one left and one right. It sounds great when you're using headphones, but doesn't make a big difference without them. For example, say a guitarist on the left side of the stage made a noise with his guitar. That sound would only be heard from the left earphone, but not the right one. Like surround sound. Mono is just one flat sound, making sense because the word stem mono means one.

Anyways, I set it on stereo in case I get the urge to use headphones. It isn't usually a big deal for me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It sounds great when you're using headphones, but doesn't make a big difference without them.
    Aw. I use headphones and find stereo really annoying in Pokemon because move animation sounds will play in one ear then the other... ergh.
    Reminds me how a lot of songs' intros start playing in the left with the first instrument, never the right; then the backing instrument(s) continues to play in only the left channel and it puts me off the song.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I always mess with the options, and the frame styles on Pokemon games. xD
    I keep my sound on mono, but on either setting, it sounds cool in headphones~.

Although, whenever I play it, I rarely use headphones.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I prefer Stereo. I don't know. Mono sounds... wierd.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Who cares? It's not making (much of) a difference. I never use the headphones anyway

Back