• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pretty's Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    I really enjoy working on these. My free trial of photoshop is about to be up. :( But since I had it I went back and erased all the white and made them all transparent. YAY ME! *claps*

I'm an amateur at this. The shading gives me trouble because if the shading is different on two sprites that I combine that's not something I would notice or know how to fix. XD

Trainers:
    (The guy on the end is the newest)

Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase

PKMN Fusions:
    Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase

PKMN Shinies:
    Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase
    Pretty's Showcase

What do you guys think? Are they okay? Could be [lots] better?

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • I think they're all pretty good. The first three trainers are really good as is the last one. The others are good but they're shading is off. Still well done thought.

You're fusion is very cute and well made. The blue one is my favorite of the two. The pink one looks a little strange to me.

I think all four of your shinies are very good. You did a great job on them. ^_^

Keep up the good work. :rambo:

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Alright, your recolors have no problems with them. They're fine.

Fusions are also fine, no mistakes. For your last four trainer sprites, they lack shading, (As Alana pointed out) I liked your first 3, try to make them just like those. For the last one, I also liked it, just try to fix his boots. They look a little odd.

Keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    Wow thanks! Yes... I struggle with shading. @_@ I'll see what I can do about it.

And his boots are funky. They're supposed to be army boots. Some one actually asked me to make him and she wanted him to have "army" boots. I couldn't find a good sprite to use as a reference for them so I had to draw them. Only, I didn't know how to. He's also supposed to be a lab aide. He's too... robust though. He should be "lanky", but she didn't mind really. ^^"

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Hey could i use the the last trainer as a gym leader for a hack????? I really like the shading on his Jacket!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    No. He was a commission. And that jacket gave me the hardest time O_O Like--it was really hard for me, and I'm really proud of it. So I'd rather you not use it, please.

Sorry. But I used the color from a lab coat from one of the "real" sprites they have for the games. You could use those as a reference and make your own. Then you could be proud of yours too. :)

Leo Dimshine

~Pixel Art Wanderer~
    Years
  • Shweet...!

^_- Your pixie art is intersting. The "guy on the end" as you put it, looks very nice. Although the boots on him look slightly unusual (the left boot). That Aqua Grunt recolor looks especially evil in red. All and all, beautiful work. I really couldn't do better. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2020
    Leo Dimshine said:
    ^_- Your pixie art is intersting. The "guy on the end" as you put it, looks very nice. Although the boots on him look slightly unusual (the left boot). That Aqua Grunt recolor looks especially evil in red. All and all, beautiful work. I really couldn't do better. :P

Thank you. His name is actually Zaknari Seidan. I know his boots look weird but they're supposed to be big clunking army boots and I wasn't sure how to do that and didn't have a good pixel reference. ^^"

He's supposed to be a lab aide. She says he's tall and lanky--just like you'd picture any lab aide--but yet he dresses like he's in the army. @_@ It's a hard combination to portray, for some reason. Maybe if I had a good lab aide sprite that I could edit, but I don't. None of the poses from the real game sprites are quite right. I'm having a really hard time creating a tall, lanky guy sprite in a lab coat. Lab coats, I'm finding are very difficult. She says he doesn't wear the coat unless he's inside, but then he looks even less of a lab aide. *falls over*

Years
  • They're pretty nice. I like your fusions, they really seem to fit together * Don't ask me what I meant by that O.O*. Anyways, great Job!

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • You have done a good job, if you have just started to sprite you should look around for sites with tutorials/guides on because they really help and can help you produce a good show case.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back