• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think the orbs and the Soul Dew may be the mega stones for these pokemon. It makes sense, at least to me. And regardless, if they change during battle, I will still consider them Megas even though the are different.
    The animation was also similar, except it was red and blue instead of black (anyone else noticed that Megas in Hoenn have a black, instead of the white colored animation from XY?). Also perhaps Maxie and Archie's mega items will be used on them to "Primal Reversion" them.
    I do wonder if it's the orbs if they'll get rid of Magma/Aqua returning the orb scene and apoligizing to the eldery couple at Mt. Pyre.

Last edited:

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
    I wonder how Groudon and Kyogre lost there primal forms in the first place.
    My guess is, after their legendary battle in their respective primal forms, they fell asleep (like various dex entries say), but after being reawakened prematurely with the red/blue orbs they haven't gathered their normal strength yet, i.e. they had to sleep way longer to recover all of it.
    Now with the mega stones they get this strength back, although only for the duration of a battle.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Maybe they'll transform while holding it, like Giratina and the Griseous Orb. So the entire time they're holding the item, they'll be in their reverted forme. The fact it's their natural energy being tapped into makes only lasting one battle after manually being called to transform (meaning they would revert and could be battled with outside of this form in another battle like regular Mega Evolution) is an inconsistent concept to me.

Years
    I read that in order to stop the raging beasts the ancient people created the orbs after the legends went to sleep. I think it may be in RSE. If so then the orbs are probably the manifestation of the Power that was taken from them. It'll explain why the beast react to them. On the official site it said they wanted more power for themselves so they clashed. Perhaps that's why they reacted to the opposite colored orb in R/S, they wanted that power. It also explains why having the orbs in HGSS summons them, it's probably similar to how the opposite Lati attacked in HGSS in order to get the Soul Dew. In other words they want their power back, and that of the legendary too...

I like this. There are many things to consider.

At least in Emerald, the legend does not mention where the Orbs came from. If they were created by the ancient people, I think they would have to be containers for their power, rather than manifestations of it.

In Ruby and Sapphire, I remember that both Orbs do something to the legendary Pokémon. One of them (the one the version's team steals) awakens it, and the other does something else. Remember that we obtain the Orb that our version's team doesn't steal and then it shines when we approach the legendary Pokémon; it is after that happens that it battles us. I don't remember (if it is stated) what our Orb does to it.

And who knows, in Emerald the Orbs may have become inert after Team Aqua and Magma used them. After Rayquaza stops Groudon and Kyogre's fight, the legend told at Mt. Pyre changes to mention that Rayquaza stopped the battle, but the Orbs are no longer mentioned. Also, they are not required to battle Groudon or Kyogre when we find them later in their caves. It may be that the Orbs only contained the power that Groudon and Kyogre needed to reawaken, and if so, their Primal Reversion may have to be triggered by some other object.

The official site mentions that they got their Primal forms by absorbing nature's energy, and that in the time when they first transformed, the world was overflowing with that energy. Maybe in the present day nature's energy is not as strong, and what they need to achieve Primal Reversion is something that helps them gather enough of nature's energy from around them to temporarily activate it.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I wonder how Groudon and Kyogre lost there primal forms in the first place.

Darwinian Evolution. As time passed, they got weaker, but still be considered Legendary. Kinda like Magikarp being the strongest Pokemon then Darwinian Evolution happened, it is weak af now.

Years
    Darwinian Evolution. As time passed, they got weaker, but still be considered Legendary. Kinda like Magikarp being the strongest Pokemon then Darwinian Evolution happened, it is weak af now.

Yes, but even tho things get weaker, they tend to be smarter or can do things they couldn't before. I'm sure there is something else that contributed

Years
    I think it's a combination of time and their power being drained/locked by the ancient people. After all the ancients of Hoenn did managed to lock up Regigigas which has power near the level of modern Groudon and Kyogre. Hey Regigigas should get a Primal Reversion too since it seems rusted...

Well Groudon lost it's 4x weakness against Kyogre... other than that they lost more than they could've gained...

Years
    From the official ORAS website, it's stated that both Primal Groudon and Kyogre receive boosts to their abilities. Currently, the new forms have them listed as '???' but the website says to look out for further details regarding the hidden power of the Primal forms. Exciting stuff! :] What do you guys think these new abilities will entail?

Years
    From the official ORAS website, it's stated that both Primal Groudon and Kyogre receive boosts to their abilities. Currently, the new forms have them listed as '???' but the website says to look out for further details regarding the hidden power of the Primal forms. Exciting stuff! :] What do you guys think these new abilities will entail?

Well I already said it, but:

I've read that their Abilities could be upgraded when they Reverse. Since the sunlight that Drought summons can be removed by other Pokémon, maybe the upgraded Ability will give Groudon all the benefits of strong sunlight regardless of the current weather. Kyogre's Ability could be identical, but instead give all the benefits of rain to Kyogre, again regardless of current weather.

I think it's a combination of time and their power being drained/locked by the ancient people. After all the ancients of Hoenn did managed to lock up Regigigas which has power near the level of modern Groudon and Kyogre. Hey Regigigas should get a Primal Reversion too since it seems rusted...

Well Groudon lost it's 4x weakness against Kyogre... other than that they lost more than they could've gained...

So, do you think it could it be like I said? Maybe my previous post was a bit unfocused. In summary, perhaps the ancients locked Groudon and Kyogre's "waking" power inside the Orbs, which put them into their sleep. Then over time nature's energy weakened, and now, after they reawaken by recovering their "waking" power from the Orbs, they would need some object to help them concentrate the less abundant natural energy into them to Primal Reverse temporarily.

And I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but Rayquaza possibly forced Groudon and Kyogre to stop fighting various times during early history. I think each time Rayquaza stopped them, they may have lost their Primal forms temporarily. It would have been shortly after one of these occasions that the ancients managed to send Groudon and Kyogre into a slumber by sealing their remaining power in the Orbs.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Maybe they'll transform while holding it, like Giratina and the Griseous Orb. So the entire time they're holding the item, they'll be in their reverted forme. The fact it's their natural energy being tapped into makes only lasting one battle after manually being called to transform (meaning they would revert and could be battled with outside of this form in another battle like regular Mega Evolution) is an inconsistent concept to me.

If I am not mistaking, one of the videos showed them transforming during the battle. Much like Megas. Serebii also said Primal Reversion acts as Megas.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    If I am not mistaking, one of the videos showed them transforming during the battle. Much like Megas. Serebii also said Primal Reversion acts as Megas.

Serebii might have misinterpreted the final press release because it says verbatim

The power within Primal Reversion is still being discovered, as well as what connection may lie between Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution.

"Connection between" infers that Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution are related but are not the same thing and therefore have differing distinctions.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    The ONLY real question about "what is a Primal form" Is THIS:

MUST GROUDON HOLD AN ITEM TO CHANGE???

Megas can't hold items, which is sometimes undesirable. If Primal Forms don't use hold items, then they could hold Choice Items, or Berries.

Years
    I think they'll need to hold items, like Groudite and Kyogrite (which will likely be a Ruby and Sapphire form of the orbs with their special signs) in order to call upon their lost power. I wonder if perhaps the reason nature's power (in the world as a whole) weakened has something to do with Zygarde and it seeming weakened... I feel this will tie back in with the conclusion of the Gen VI saga.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I strongly suspect that the Orbs will unlock the Primal Devolutions. The Orbs were strong enough to wake the legendaries up when they were in the same vicinity, imagine what power could be unlocked if the legendaries were actually holding the Orbs.

Also, if held items are required, this brings up another point: how will Primal Devolutions going to be involved in the storyline if they have to hold an item to transform? Will Maxie/Archie catch it, will the legends steal the Orbs, or will you be required to use one of the legends yourself?

Years
    I think that Maxie/Archie will proably give it to the legend at one point, but then the legend will proceed to escape. It'll then activate their weather ability and make it sunny/rain.
    Maxie/Archie will probably try to regain control by transforming it, but it'll backfire, thus causing more chaos. At least that's one likely scenerio. It's also possible that the legend could attack the evil team leader and retake it. Once they regain their orb they'll come after the player to get the other orb (someone hide the third orb aka the Jade orb safely or it's all over if the 10 year old fails...)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm actually kind of convinced that the Red Orb and Blue Orb will be the primal item used to devolve them. I mean we could have Groudonite and Kyogrite but it seems to be kind of reserved to Mega Evolutions imo.

Years
    I think the orbs will change into something else. Like how the Enigma stone was revealed to be the Soul Dew. Maybe they'll be called Omegite and Alphite for them. Rayquaza can have Deltite.

Years
    It's certainly something Game Freak hasn't disclosed yet, but I think they'll end up being stones separate from the Mega stone category. Possibly the orbs, or even some new evolving stone that's specific to Primal Reversion, but I doubt there'll be any Groudonite or Kyogrite. The symbol in this screenshot might be a hint towards what they're going to do, but it also may have no relevance at all.

Years
    I wonder if perhaps the reason nature's power (in the world as a whole) weakened has something to do with Zygarde and it seeming weakened... I feel this will tie back in with the conclusion of the Gen VI saga.

Those game's stories may come together to make the point that nature is something we should not play with and something that we should strive to protect. At least the original RSE brought up the first part. Zygarde's game(s) may emphasize the second part.

Anyway, the one problem I see with the Primal Reversion items being the Orbs is that, if they were created with the purpose of stopping Groudon and Kyogre from fighting by absorbing and sealing their power within them (at least, it seems that is what they do in the legend), shouldn't they do exactly that if we exposed the Pokémon to them?

Another thing I haven't brought up is that the two Orbs are supposed to remain together. Maybe these games could expand on that, explain why they must remain together, and what happens if they are separated. Perhaps the reason they woke the legendary Pokémon was that they were stolen and taken away from each other.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I feel that the Team leaders would be trying to control the 2 so hard that the Blue and Red Orbs shatters and turns into another new Orbs, which in turns Primal Devolution the 2s.

Back