• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

blue

gucci
Years
  • I think with the focus on Rayquaza and having the connection to Mega Evolution, it sorta indicates that some of the Emerald storyline will be incorporated into the games. Not to mention the change up of the storyline as a whole with the introduction of Mega Evolution in Hoenn, it also seems that your rival (Brendan/May) accompanies you more frequently.

Years
  • So these abilities not only cause sun/rain, but block other weather moves AND render Water/Fire-type moves respectively completely unusable. This is crazy. Maybe it'll also double the power of said attacks instead of just adding half power? I can't imagine these two will be allowed in OU though, it'd be so crazy if it happened there.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • So these abilities not only cause sun/rain, but block other weather moves AND render Water/Fire-type moves respectively completely unusable. This is crazy. Maybe it'll also double the power of said attacks instead of just adding half power? I can't imagine these two will be allowed in OU though, it'd be so crazy if it happened there.

Well Groudon and Kyogre are uber so OU has nothing to worry about...for now.

Wait, so Primal Groudon's only weakness is Ground itself?! Say hello to Mega (no pun intended) Ubers...or maybe God Ubers...

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • The abilities are extremely over powered. They fade after the Pokémon switches out of battle, though. So there's that.

Seeing that people wanted Mega Gengar banned from Ubers, I can see Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon getting banned.

Years
  • Except that in B2W2 the sprites of the forms were missing. I hope GF updates XY to 2.0 to include the models and not just stats and moves.

I know, but it still shows they care about their same-generation games being compatible among them. I think they will update XY, especially now that we know they will introduce completely new Abilities. The new Mega Evolutions were enough of an indication to me, but now I find it even more likely, almost a given.

New video, showcasing the new primal abilities:

Well, that's really nice. Anyone remember that Evaporating Aura suggestion I made for Groudon like 15 pages ago? Close enough, I was.

And they even made it parallel to Primal Kyogre's Ability by making Primordial Sea negate Fire moves; I like that. Now it will be interesting to see what happens if both Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are out in battle at the same time.

Years
  • The abilities are extremely over powered. They fade after the Pokémon switches out of battle, though. So there's that.

Seeing that people wanted Mega Gengar banned from Ubers, I can see Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon getting banned.

How do you know they fade? Because I highly doubt they will.
    It is likely the rain that blocks fire attacks and vise Vera. The weather effect should still remain

Years
  • Oh, the abilities fade after the user switches out? I didn't know that, my bad >_>

Even at that, I still don't think the permanent sunlight will do much to help Groudon on its own, since again it doesn't really use Fire-type attacks much and it's not likely that one would use Water-type attacks against it to begin with since Drought exists. Although negating Fire-type attacks for Kyogre isn't exciting, I won't deny.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • How do you know they fade? Because I highly doubt they will.
    It is likely the rain that blocks fire attacks and vise Vera. The weather effect should still remain

Serebii says so, haha. And yeah, the weather blocks the attacks, but it was never said it blocks them throughout the match. So yeah, it'll block them while the weather is on and the weather will fade out after the Primal form switches out according to Serebii.

Years
  • Serebii says so, haha. And yeah, the weather blocks the attacks, but it was never said it blocks them throughout the match. So yeah, it'll block them while the weather is on and the weather will fade out after the Primal form switches out according to Serebii.

Well, maybe these new weather effects will boost moves more.
    It kinda sucks the effect isn't permanent besides the sun and rain respectively.

Oh well. They are still cool.

If strong rain and sunlight boost moves further tho....well gg Ubers meta

Years
  • New video, showcasing the new primal abilities:

They are basically mouth watering teasing us with that Primal Rayquaza. "legendary pokemon Rayquaza makes its Debut?" Seriously? We know who rayquaza is, why say something like that? Not to mention they are teasing Mega Milotic, Mega Shiftry, Mega Dusknoir, and Mega Slowking. Why else did everything else have a "Confirmed" Mega evolution? Mega Salamence, Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Blaziken. Oh and Desolate Land, and Primodial Sea is wayyy too OP definatly banned.

Years
  • They are basically mouth watering teasing us with that Primal Rayquaza. "legendary pokemon Rayquaza makes its Debut?" Seriously? We know who rayquaza is, why say something like that? Not to mention they are teasing Mega Milotic, Mega Shiftry, Mega Dusknoir, and Mega Slowking. Why else did everything else have a "Confirmed" Mega evolution? Mega Salamence, Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Blaziken. Oh and Desolate Land, and Primodial Sea is wayyy too OP definatly banned.
    They sure are. Imagine battling with Camerupt and Primal Groudon in a tag battle...even more if they allow us to use both a Mega and a Primal...those two are only weak to Ground with the effects of Primal Groudon's ability.

Also I dislike how they are treating old Pokemon as new...

Yeah, I think all of those in the video are going to get Megas too.

Btw since Primal Groudon's ability stops water, and Primal Kyogre stops Fire, perhaps Primal Rayquaza's ability will block electric attack.

Last edited:
    Years
  • They sure are. Imagine battling with Camerupt and Primal Groudon in a tag battle...even more if they allow us to use both a Mega and a Primal...those two are only weak to Ground with the effects of Primal Groudon's ability.

Also I dislike how they are treating old Pokemon as new...

Yeah, I think all of those in the video are going to get Megas too.

Btw since Primal Groudon's ability stops water, and Primal Kyogre stops Fire, perhaps Primal Rayquaza's ability will block electric attack.

Well since Rayquazas ability "Air Lock" blocked all weather bonuses and effects, maybe Primal Rayquazas ability will priority stop all weather, and weather cannot be used or changed. Meaning Desolate Land and Primodial Sea are negated or it just cancels the effects of said abilities.

Years
  • Well since Rayquazas ability "Air Lock" blocked all weather bonuses and effects, maybe Primal Rayquazas ability will priority stop all weather, and weather cannot be used or changed. Meaning Desolate Land and Primodial Sea are negated or it just cancels the effects of said abilities.

Come to think about it, I noticed that the official site doesn't list Air Lock or Cloud Nine at all as abilities that won't be able to affect Groudon and Kyogre's abilities. Perhaps those two will be able to cancel those two by themselves. But, yeah, I see it having an ability that will cancel those two. Maybe even reverse their effects like Zygarde's ability does with the Auras.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    This is such a unique ability for Rayquaza. It does make sense, sort of, considering that it's master of both Groudon and Kyogre.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm glad my prediction came true and Groudon got an Ability that flat-out negates Water attacks. It puts it on a much more even playing field with Kyogre, as they are supposed to be. And before anyone says they are OP, Groudon and Kyogre will always be banned from VGC's (the metagame Game Freak balances for mostly); these guys are supposed to be super powerful, because they are not made with the competitive metagame in mind, but rather with their lore and story.

Now I'm looking forward to Primal Rayquaza with an Ability that can negate these...it definitely draws some parallels to the Auras of Xerneas and Yveltal, and Zygarde's Aura Break. I wonder if Primal Rayquaza's Ability will have some extra aspects to it, too.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Primal Groudon is a BOSS in the Story. You have a 1 in 3 chance of 1HKO.

But Now every hoenn starter will have trouble with this guy.

Back