• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Prince of Stride: Alternative

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
  • Oooooooooooooooooh. So I did like this.

Spoiler:

Catchy music. Interesting animation. The character designs are indeed very similar to those of Persona 4.

Anyway,
    Fun ride, count me in.

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • It had a pretty entertaining first episode. The artstyle is interesting, the running scenes are looking to be fun to watch, the girl actually does something in matches and does not have the stereotypical manager role I expected her to have, the OST so far is good, and the whole anime is looking to be better than you'd expect. I watched this for Madhouse and they really haven't let me down with this first episode. Sure, the animation might not be of the best quality compared to other Madhouse anime, but it's still a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Prince of Stride is probably going to be one of those rare sports anime that I will actually enjoy.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
    Years
  • Just from the first episode, I can tell that it's going to be a welcomed addition to the sports genre of anime. Plus it's Madhouse! :D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I can't be the only one that really liked the OP, yes? Very stylish and the vocals were really nice. OxT, if I recall correctly, did the OP for Overlord too. And I was a fan of that, as well <3

The anime itself looks like a fun watch. Not really getting the "damn this is gonna become one of my faves" vibe from it like I did get from Haikyuu, Slam Dunk and Hajime no Ippo but that still doesn't change the fact that it provides a decent level of entertainment value.

Episode 1:
    The races seemed slightly off to me, tbh - the running animation in particular where the concentrated only on the upper half with that slightly awkward hand movement....idk, I have no idea where to place my finger at. But here's to hope the races improve from now onwards.

Lovely art direction - slightly different from your regular anime and I like that. Stylish is the word. :p The captain of the team looks, to me at least, like Kanji from Persona 4 lol

Prince of Stride: Alternative

Looking forward to seeing which route this show takes - if it goes the sports route with slight romantic hints here and there or turns into a reverse harem with sports as a backdrop. Looks like it is taking the sports route though. I'll be happy if it does.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE MINUTE AND HALF?!
    Good, it was only 42 seconds.

Spoiler:
    You should also say something about the most important character, you know? :P

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

omg the start was so slow I almost die of boredom

Spoiler:

Aaaaaaand, we move forward to the expected tournament arc

derozio

Years
  • Wasn't it more like 0.04 seconds though? I don't remember. But the difference wasn't much. :p

Anyhow, episode 3 was okay. The race was sort of a let down, to be honest. I'm expecting the kind of gymnastics I saw in the OP from the show - not the usual running animations. Some spice, if you will.
    Spoiler:

This isn't really doing anything special at this point. But here's to hope it gets better.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Watched episode 3 today. Pretty good, kinda boring though imo. I want to know more about Takeru and why he's so serious all the time! I'd also like to see more about Riku Yagami's brother. xp

Probably my second favorite anime so far this season, not that many have impressed me however.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I also just watched episode three, so I'm still an episode behind, but it's cute so far. It really feels a lot Free! to me, which.. I didn't expect, because they're really treating it more like a sports genre than an otome genre. Though, that's good, to me it makes it interesting, the fact that they are focusing so much on Stride and less on romance.

It's not the most interesting series, but I feel like the characters could grow on me and I wanna see more races!

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Now that we are almost at the end I must confess I really liked the show. It wasn't mind-blowing, but it was entertaining.

Also, HanaKana, and Daisuke Ono-sama <3. But you already knew that.

derozio

Years
  • wawo.

Similar thoughts here. It isn't really a great or even a good show, tbh, but an entertaining one, nevertheless. I couldn't "connect" with the show, ironically enough, and the whole issue with Yagami Riku and his emotional issues with his allegedly superior brother just didn't sit well with me - - it wasn't interesting to watch nor was dealt with in a way that made it have an impact. The drama felt purely unnecessary, in other words.

I would've preferred more time being dedicated towards stride itself, to be honest. Because if you can't really go the entire way and make the drama effective, it is better to concentrate on your strengths (adrenaline pumping sportsu!!) than half-ass it.

All that said though, I must confess that I still enjoyed the recent races. The one in the latest episode was especially nice. Also liked the backstory of the three characters being together and whatnot. That was nice.

Back