• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Also, if someone on showdown and someone on X/Y would be cool enough to trade a steel type to balance that a bit, that'd be cool :3 it doesn't NEED to happen but if it could, cool beans.
    If I may suggest something...

Elite: Exile, Steel & Flying Types, Singles
    Elite: enigma, Fairy & Steel Types, Singles
    Leader: Falkbalk, Rock & Steel Types, Singles
    I would suggest either Exile or enigma change as both are Elites.

Of course, something like that would take a Ground typing out of the Elites on the 3DS side, where two Elites have Ground typing.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    If I may suggest something...

I would suggest either Exile or enigma change as both are Elites.

Of course, something like that would take a Ground typing out of the Elites on the 3DS side, where two Elites have Ground typing.

Well they picked those types legitimately so it's not like we can make them change. Not without being dicks about it anyways. Lets not do that though; because someone may legitimately just be cool enough to change for the sake of balance. THAT BEING SAID- exile and enigma, if either of you two wants to switch your type with any other type not already twice occurring in the elite 4 of the showdown division, go ahead and switch. Only whomever does it first though :U because we don't wanna throw too much out of whack.

If you guys still need more 3ds people im in...

We do actually. I have to ask though, are you prepared to be as active as joining requires? And would you be able to have a team for your dual typing ready by Wednesday at the latest if you join?

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    what pokemon types are left? i know my friend might want to join, she's in the clear haha, and interested for x and y.

Years
    Ok, so I'm gonna add you guys to the list. As of now, all Showdown positions have been filled (which I'm surprised about; it seemed like 3DS was gonna fill up first). We still have one 3DS position open since Adam is bowing out of that. Kitsuki, since you didn't specify which division, are you ok with being a part of the 3DS division?

Don't think I can do a decent team by Wednesday unless someone does want to help with breeders but I'll have to use my Sister's X to do it then she said It was fine as long I don't get rid of any good ones. Im still stuck on Yveltal in Y.

If you are a new leader on X/Y - and want/need help getting your team together by Wednesday, ask around. We've got lots of helpful and experienced battlers and breeders.

If I could get some help I would surly appreciate it. I'll try my best to breed some myself, And if I could get some recommendations on who would be willing to breed or trade till i can get one up. I don't know what her Safari is but she has access to Dark (Pawnaird, Sneasel) and Water (Gyarados...)

Username: Kitsuki
    In-Game Name: Yosuke
    Faction: X and Y (would prefer Showdown though)
    Type 1: Electric
    Type 2: Psychic
    Style: Doubles

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    what pokemon types are left? i know my friend might want to join, she's in the clear haha, and interested for x and y.
    It might be necessary to wait and see what types are in each division after the newest three pick. At that point, the "first pick" list will be exhausted, as Zekrom took both Grass and Poison off of it; I guess this keeps them both as second type options, though, so that works.

I might work on a chart of coverage in each division. It's late tonite, however.

Oblivion Wing

Years
    It might be necessary to wait and see what types are in each division after the newest three pick. At that point, the "first pick" list will be exhausted, as Zekrom took both Grass and Poison off of it; I guess this keeps them both as second type options, though, so that works.

I might work on a chart of coverage in each division. It's late tonite, however.

please do so dude, we really need that here. and maybe once you're done with it, stick it as a link in your signature. That would be really helpful!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    please do so dude, we really need that here. and maybe once you're done with it, stick it as a link in your signature. That would be really helpful!
    No, my signature is not for that kind of list. It's on the verge of being too big as it is; heck, I already shrunk that picture.

Zekrom can utilize it for planning purposes, however, once I'm done.

Oblivion Wing

Years
    No, my signature is not for that kind of list. It's on the verge of being too big as it is; heck, I already shrunk that picture.

Zekrom can utilize it for planning purposes, however, once I'm done.

Oh ok that sounds good. Well, hope to see that done, no rush!! (:<

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    :O That was a lot to read through, looking forward to the beta :D

If you guys need help with breeding I can help out :)

EDIT: Oh question, was it decided how long the beta will run for? I understand it's a trial run but hopefully it's not too long/too short so you can gather data.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Minimum 2 weeks, maximum 2 months sounds fair :0 somewhere in between or on either end of that could work too.

Depends what everyone feels like though I suppose. We need enough time for challengers to have the chance to play all the leaders + elites, and that's accounting for when everyone's available. We don't want it to run so long as to detract from the actual launch or delay that either though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    Sure, that sounds fine. I'll edit those things in, and give Lucky Grass/Poison unless Dialga really wants one of those types or something.
    and holy **** stop editing your posts so much, I got like 7 notifications all for this one post
    Well I would be interested in Normal Types, and could you tell me what other types are available?

Edit: I have to go see a family member today, she is not doing to well. But I will be on when I get back.

Username: BlueCottonCandy
    Division: 3ds
    Type 1: Normal
    Type 2: Fairy (If i can't be fairy, it is alright :P)
    Battle Type: Double and/or Single

Sorry for editing my post A lot... I won't be on that much today as i have a sick family member. She is my Great Aunt and means alot to me.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, so I've added BlueCottonCandy and Kitsuki's types and battle formats to the OP.
    Which means that all slots have been filled. There is no more room for people to join. (Sorry Megaseeker, maybe a spot will open up in the future)

And if I got this right, this is the list of remaining types (so Adam if you could throw this into the OP):
    Fire
    Rock
    Dragon
    Water
    Ice
    Bug
    Dark
    Ground
    Fighting
    Flying
    Ghost

I won't be on that much today as i have a sick family member. She is my Great Aunt and means alot to me.
    It's cool. Focus on your sick great aunt; that's more important. There's not much happening right now anyway; we're mainly just waiting for everyone to finish their teams and for Cakesu to make the badges at this point.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    Ok, so I've added BlueCottonCandy and Kitsuki's types and battle formats to the OP.
    Which means that all slots have been filled. There is no more room for people to join. (Sorry Megaseeker, maybe a spot will open up in the future)

And if I got this right, this is the list of remaining types (so Adam if you could throw this into the OP):
    Fire
    Rock
    Dragon
    Water
    Ice
    Bug
    Dark
    Ground
    Fighting
    Flying
    Ghost

It's cool. Focus on your sick great aunt; that's more important. There's not much happening right now anyway; we're mainly just waiting for everyone to finish their teams and for Cakesu to make the badges at this point.

Okay I just visited her, and I will be going back tomorrow. And I will most likely be spending all day with her, So i am free today.

Also, How is the order of the gym leaders go? And Can Gym Leaders have mega pokemon?
    And can i have a mixed type pokemon such as Fairy/Fire... (I know a fire fairy pokemon doesn't exist, just using it as an example.)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay I just visited her, and I will be going back tomorrow. And I will most likely be spending all day with her, So i am free today.

Also, How is the order of the gym leaders go? And Can Gym Leaders have mega pokemon?
    And can i have a mixed type pokemon such as Fairy/Fire... (I know a fire fairy pokemon doesn't exist, just using it as an example.)
    Gym Leaders can be challenged in any order, though you must beat all the ones in a division before taking on the Elites. You can use Mega Pokemon, so long as they aren't on the ban list (which right now the only 2 megas on the ban list are Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken). And yes, you can have Pokemon of mixed types, so long as all your Pokemon are least partly one of the types you picked.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2014
    Gym Leaders can be challenged in any order, though you must beat all the ones in a division before taking on the Elites. You can use Mega Pokemon, so long as they aren't on the ban list (which right now the only 2 megas on the ban list are Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken). And yes, you can have Pokemon of mixed types, so long as all your Pokemon are least partly one of the types you picked.
    Ok :)
    I think I read somewhere that we can have more than 6 pokemon and switch them?? Is that true?

EDIT: I have to go back to the hospital... She called for me, so I got to.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok :)
    I think I read somewhere that we can have more than 6 pokemon and switch them?? Is that true?

EDIT: I have to go back to the hospital... She called for me, so I got to.
    You can change up your team as much as you want. Just don't try to counter-team your challengers.

Years
    I don't think I can get a decent team ready by Wednesday, between work and my family reunion and my own family issues on both sides, I won't have enough time on X and Y even with help unfortunately. I'm sorry but I must forfeit my position as a Gym leader. I was hoping to get Showdown but its been filled when I was out.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    All right. A 3DS types distribution chart. This chart is with three people still needing to select types (two listed, one spot blank on Zekrom's edited info).

Spoiler:

Moving on to the Showdown type distribution chart. I note that the Showdown Division IS COMPLETE based on Zekrom's latest updates, though this type distribution may have an impact still on the 3DS Division to get more types represented there (see below).

Spoiler:

If the divisions are combined, there is no type that is not represented at least once. Steel remains the only type chosen three times, and all in one Division. The remainder are chosen only once or twice; for simplicity, the following types are ones that are only selected once between both divisions:
    - Normal
    - Electric
    - Psychic

Anything not listed here (14 other types) are all picked twice between divisions.

You'll also notice this matches the list that has been used for selections already.

I recommend first picks be those that are only selected once between Divisions as I already recommended. Second picks should be limited to all unrepresented types in the 3DS Division EXCEPT Steel (which would be available if someone changes in the Showdown Division). Normal, Electric, and Psychic can therefore be chosen twice, while Rock, Bug, and Grass can be chosen as a second pick once each. If desired, the second picks can be limited to the latter three to ensure everything except Steel is represented.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back