• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    I'm not upset with anyone lol I'm just saying if every time you finish a badge, the leader it corresponds to sends it back and asks that you change it - it'll take twice as long if not longer to get all the badges :p

Y'know I try not to being pony into non pony related things, but there is an episode of which the plot is literally exactly the same as this tangent of discussion.

"Season 1 Episode 14: When Rarity's dressmaking instincts are overruled by her friends' esoteric specifications, the ridiculous results threaten to ruin her prospects"
    Substitute dresses for badges hah

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I'm not upset with anyone lol I'm just saying if every time you finish a badge, the leader it corresponds to sends it back and asks that you change it - it'll take twice as long if not longer to get all the badges :p

Y'know I try not to being pony into non pony related things, but there is an episode of which the plot is literally exactly the same as this tangent of discussion.
    Well, remember when I first thought that was a Dark/Fairy badge? The center of the badge is what made me think that. All I suggested was that the extra darkness on the wings was not needed. I admit I did suggest changing the size of the center, but decided that was asking too much (and it looks great anyway!). A quick recolour can be done in minutes, so it doesn't have much of an effect; if you assume five minutes per badge, it's only an extra hour for a dozen.

So yeah, I just wanted the focal point to be the center that I thought made it Dark without the distraction at the bottom of the wing. If it didn't look good, I'd have gone back to one of the others. I think this looks great and am going to use this. :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I think the key thing for badges or emblems is that they can reduce to a smaller size as a thumbnail, good for using in posts or signatures (for instance, "Just won the "Star Badge" from the Prism League! (Image)"). The server might not like it when it gets repeatedly reloaded, however. {XD}
    Resizing the bagdes is easy enough; I can do that myself when Cakesu gets done making all the badges (Elites are getting badge things too btw).

"Season 1 Episode 14: When Rarity's dressmaking instincts are overruled by her friends' esoteric specifications, the ridiculous results threaten to ruin her prospects"
    Substitute dresses for badges hah
    XD

Also, which Champion emblem are we going with? I need to know so I can tell the admins to upload it.
    @Adam: The reason why I went with Ho-oh is because prisms refract white light into a rainbow, and Ho-oh is the most rainbow-rrific Pokemon in existence.

Years
    Also, which Champion emblem are we going with? I need to know so I can tell the admins to upload it.
    @Adam: The reason why I went with Ho-oh is because prisms refract white light into a rainbow, and Ho-oh is the most rainbow-rrific Pokemon in existence.

Non-nyan one for sure! And so elites ARE getting badges, good to know I was kinda hoping for that (:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I like the solid blue background of the nyan one more, but I do love the image in the non nyan one.
    I agree completely with this, echos my initial thoughts. I'd be curious to see what the darker background looks like with the second option's Ho-oh and rainbow. But the second one looks great anyway.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!!! AND MAKE IT DOUBLE!!!

I just picked up my laptop from my college's bookstore(hp 15 notebook) and im too tired at the moment to use it since i worked from 6 a.m till 3 p.m, i set it up with my emails and turned it off after all the set ups. Much internet, such awesome! Just wanted to drop by!

On another note. I am sure we will have the league up and running once all badges are done, correct? Am i missing something? Lawlz

Polar Spectrum

Years
    ^ Cool beans, congrats mate.

Yeah, probably even before all badges are done. We should really kick it into beta sometime this week. :U Confirmation from all leaders / elites that they're ready would be nice though. I may be throwing PM's at people.

Annnnnd, I really wanna test out a team or two for this if someone's free for a little bit. PM or VM if you feel like it - very much appreciated ^^

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    I am more than ready, i jave like 15 ghost/dark pokes around ready to battle.

Im going to sleep right now. Be back tomorrow after 2-3 p.m pacific! Night guise!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    PREPARE FOR TROUBLE!!! AND MAKE IT DOUBLE!!!

I just picked up my laptop from my college's bookstore(hp 15 notebook) and im too tired at the moment to use it since i worked from 6 a.m till 3 p.m, i set it up with my emails and turned it off after all the set ups. Much internet, such awesome! Just wanted to drop by!

On another note. I am sure we will have the league up and running once all badges are done, correct? Am i missing something? Lawlz
    Given how you started that post, there is only one way for me to reply. It's with my chat room Team Rocket Motto™:

Prepare for trouble, from the text of the chat.
    Make it double, we can type it like that!
    To protect the world from spam temptation
    To unite all people with less frustration.
    To denounce the evils we're deprived of
    To extend good edits to the Wiki above
    Jessie!
    James!
    Team Rocket edits at the speed of light.
    Surrender now or we'll have to fight!
    "Meowth! That's right!"

...not bad, hmm? It originally says "it won't be right" as I couldn't fit Meowth in the text limit, but I added it here so changed it.

Congrats on the new computer BTW!

Years
    Wow... Let my brain catch back up... processing about 20+ pages then decide to skip to the last ones to hopefully see where everything is at without going through all the preliminary stuff.

First day here and I stumble across this... Not bad at all. I would so love to challenge this! I definitely thought the gym leaders each generation was getting easier... I thought it was because I was getting older but... i have to admit, Silver's Clair can still give me a run for my money at this age and still have a hatred for Lance's Dragonites. But X and Y's were the easiest... with that EXP share on... i was 10 levels above after like the 3rd gym including the E4 and was close to 5 about the champs...

So I decided to take up learning about Competitive battling and would definitely welcome the more challenging human run League in its stead. Though would have to do Showdown's first, I'm still trying to get a decent Iv'd Yveltal in case I do want to make an Uber team, on Y so its out for a while... I've never iv bred before so I have my work cut out for me.

Hope I can make it in the Beta cut despite just joining the site... This seems really cool!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    First of all, welcome. :)

So I decided to take up learning about Competitive battling and would definitely welcome the more challenging human run League in its stead. Though would have to do Showdown's first, I'm still trying to get a decent Iv'd Yveltal in case I do want to make an Uber team, on Y so its out for a while... I've never iv bred before so I have my work cut out for me.
    Breeding is actually a lot easier now with the Destiny Knot. You can get into 5IVs very quickly with appropriate parents, and if you do get a 6IV (which also is rather simpler now), you are guaranteed a 5IV every time you use a Destiny Knot with it and another 6IV parent. It makes shop inventory so much easier because you don't have to pre-breed all the 3IVs and 4IVs out first; you just put them in, hatch the Egg, and whammo, you have a 5IV. If anything, you breed a few to check for a bad 31 IV and get rid of the rejects.

I have a number of 6IVs I've bred myself - and I usually get it within two batches of Eggs (6IV Ditto and 5IV parent) when I go for it.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Fokko please ;~; I know you love breeding but we really need to give the league attention, specifically in this thread. Are we doing beta this week? It's been a little quiet so I'll send out PM's today making sure everyone's ready. If so, we can start as soon as this weekend, or Monday hopefully.

THE COBRA COMMANDER

Cobra Commando
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    ^ Cool beans, congrats mate.

Yeah, probably even before all badges are done. We should really kick it into beta sometime this week. :U Confirmation from all leaders / elites that they're ready would be nice though. I may be throwing PM's at people.

Annnnnd, I really wanna test out a team or two for this if someone's free for a little bit. PM or VM if you feel like it - very much appreciated ^^

Due to my typing It will take me a while to organize the trades, EV and Train my pokes on wifi but I should be available soon for PS.

THE COBRA COMMANDER

Cobra Commando
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    Awh, mate - I think you gotta pick one :1 well, an official one. It's always good to be able to play both so you can cover for an absent leader or something- but for organization and functions sake, do you wana be on showdown or X/Y?

I'll be Showdown/ However, I can definitely be used to cover for absentees in our wifi section.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    All right. After pizza, time to breed the perfect Larvitar.

Tired of waiting for that Togepi trade, so I guess I'll start that as well this evening.

After those two and another one or two are up to snuff, I'll want to try out various battle teams with whoever wishes to assist in test battles. Tinker with moves, etc. Going to be stealing some Heart Scales to relearn moves.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    A couple of minor edits to the OP:

Spoiler:

Also, I submitted a request to the admins for the non-Nyan emblem to be uploaded.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I'll be Showdown/ However, I can definitely be used to cover for absentees in our wifi section.

That's most excellent ^^

All right. After pizza, time to breed the perfect Larvitar.

Tired of waiting for that Togepi trade, so I guess I'll start that as well this evening.

After those two and another one or two are up to snuff, I'll want to try out various battle teams with whoever wishes to assist in test battles. Tinker with moves, etc. Going to be stealing some Heart Scales to relearn moves.

I can lend you a togetic to breed for your league if you want it. There's a modest and a bold one.

A couple of minor edits to the OP:

Spoiler:

Also, I submitted a request to the admins for the non-Nyan emblem to be uploaded.

Hahah yay you made the numbers stop floating - and it looks better and better every time. You wanna put that up come Sunday or Monday?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back