• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro choice or pro life?

Pro or no?

• Pro

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • no

Votes: 28 43.8%

• Total voters

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I'm actually pro-choice. I mean honestly, I think it is more the woman's choice if anything if she is going to have the baby.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Pro-choice. The mother is going to be the one to get pregnant, stand the process and have a kid. Only her can choose what to do, telling her what to do without having felt that is somewhat hypocritical in my opinion.

Plus, as far as I know, the goverment registers kids once they get born, so, until the kid is so developed an intervention would only risk the mother's life (not like after three or four months she wouldn't have made up her mind), all the mothers should be free to choose. Once again, I seriously and completely doubt everyone is going to say no, a mother is usually inclined to keep the baby unless some big problems come. And if she's going to have a kid with a bunch of problems, she'd better be happy and not have it.

Years
    Why this topic?

To be frank I was thinking about this before I fell asleep yesterday...

Let me state it here: I'm nominally Pro-Choice at the moment.

I'm torn really. Morally it's wrong but practically it's up to the female to whether do it. The girl will carry the burden of her decision. But proper Sex Education (Not those useless "abstinence only" programs) should be implemented nationwide to educate people before they "do it" and the consequences of the decision to "do it".

Technically your Poll is misleading. Please put in another option, Pro-Life and Pro-Choice is the Appropriate ters to use in this poll. So I won't vote on it and instead type my opinions here....

Being Pro-Choice does not mean you want "to killz teh babiez"
    It's just that you believe that the person can make mature decisions on their own. Not cramming beliefs down their throat. Also when the child is born how will they be brought up poorly or will the parents suffer? Will adoption agencies accept, etc?...Many issues affect this so... =/

Also spontaneous natural abortions happen regularly....

Hay...I'm just torn 'cuz of my Liberal beliefs and being brought up a Catholic. D=

Argh...I can go on and on but I don't have the time....I agree no flaming please...it's usually such things that get the possibility of a mature discussion locked. ^_^

Edit: Bottom of page = Lonely :(

Lightning's later post has put into words my current position on abortion. Abortion is horrendous but for the safety of the Women is a necessary evil. :<

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Lol, no one is "pro-abortion". It's not like anyone who is pro-choice goes "LOL HAY I'M GONNA ABORT THIS BABY SOUNDS LIKE FUN Y/Y?" I'm pro-choice but I think abortion is a horrible thing. It's not like it happens once and goes away--most people who end up having an abortion, be it because they didn't want the baby or because their life would have been in danger, etc. either regret it or are just emotionally unstable or traumatized because of it for years and years afterwards. It's not a light thing.

I'm pro-choice and for legalizing abortion if only because it'll mean that instead of having to go to back-alley underground abortion centres (or, god forbid, trying it themselves), there will be clean, sterile clinics for it so that the woman is less at risk. I realize this means abortions will be closer to being more commonplace but... well, I dunno. It's kind of like those drug clinics in some places where they'll give you sterile needles for whatever you're illegally taking so that you aren't just reusing needles or sharing them, etc. since that's so dangerous. Yeah, it's not exactly a "NO DRUGS ARE BAD STOP USING THEM" black and white approach but... I'm still all for it. :/ I know it's kind of a harsh comparison to make but there you go.

I'm also one of those people who sits there thinking "well, if the woman is just getting knocked up and getting an abortion to curb responsibility of a child, that's wrong... but those who were raped, etc. shouldn't be forced to bear the child" but that'd never work so I forced myself to pick a side regardless and I'd rather be pro-choice. The option is there if people need it and if they don't, they can ignore it. (That seems to be my philosophy on most things, haha.)

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    I'll be sure to contact one of the mods and get the poll rectified. "Pro" and "no" are..Well, black and white words for a discussion of this magnitude XD

But while we're on that, does anyone have a particular suggestion for what the poll should be changed to? Cause then i'll tell Chibi/Drifloon and then they can change it..Pro choice didn't actually occur to me at the time of making it so i apologise :P

Years
    I'll be sure to contact one of the mods and get the poll rectified. "Pro" and "no" are..Well, black and white words for a discussion of this magnitude XD

But while we're on that, does anyone have a particular suggestion for what the poll should be changed to? Cause then i'll tell Chibi/Drifloon and then they can change it..Pro choice didn't actually occur to me at the time of making it so i apologise :P

As I said in the edit of my initial post. The proper political and "official" names to "brand" your position on abortion is "Pro-Choice" or "Pro-Life" Google the definitions if you want. =/

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I consider abortion to be a barbaric and scientifically backwards act. A fetus is a living thing that feels pain more acutely than adults do. I don't find the argument that "It's the mother's choice" to hold any validity. What you do to your own body is one thing, but what you do to another human's body is completely different. A fetus isn't a cluster of cells or a body part. It has its own DNA and is the starting point for a unique person. The notion that a fetus is a merely a byproduct of reproduction is a blatant lie. They are alive, and we should treat them as such.

The only time I think an abortion could be acceptable is in the event of rape, incest, or when the mother's life is in danger. Unfortunately, the vast majority of abortions aren't the result of any of those things. Most abortions are the result of sexual irresponsibility.

However, I will say that I certainly do not condone some of the practices that some pro-life activists have used in their protests, specifically the attempt to shock people by showing pictures of aborted fetuses. Using shock and fear to convince someone of something is no better than terrorism.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Technically this thread should be 'Pro Choice' of 'Pro Life', not how it is now, for basically it means either we agree that abortion must be done, or mustn't.

I'm Pro Choice. There are so many factors that are unpredictable, meaning, even when being careful and taking anticonception measures, you can't always be sure they will work.

Plus there's all the rape stuff and all.

EDIT: At icomeanon6, how can it be proven the fetus' feel more pain than us?

Years
    I'm a mix of both, actually.

I believe that if it was due to a rape, then yes, it is okay. Picture this: a 15 year old girl just got raped. She's pregnant. Do you think a 15 year old girl is ready for that responsibility? Probably not. If it is a fetus, or in the very early stage of pregnancy, then I see no problem with abortion as it is not a murdering of a human life.

However, if it is in the later stages of pregnancy, where the child is fully developed and "living", then that is just humanely wrong. At that stage, the child can think, you know. And heck, if you ever watched Juno, you know those babies even have fingernails [random fact, I know XD]. Just imagine if that child had the knowledge and will to do something good for the world. You strip away the right to live a possibly meaningful life.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    EDIT: At icomeanon6, how can it be proven the fetus' feel more pain than us?
    It's called science, and it's perfectly possible to detect brain activity. By the fourteenth week, the fetus has feeling throughout its entire body. Babies don't just magically start feeling things once they're born, they're just as alive while in the womb as they are outside of it. Neurosurgeons have stated that a partial birth abortion may be the most agonizing experience an infant can have. Try reading this, the authors can explain it better than I can.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    I am pro-choice, but I believe that the limit should be considerably shorter thsn it is (due to the reasons icomeanon6 pointed out). If a woman is raped, or if protection fails for some reason (and this can happen to anybody) then I believe an abortion should be available, but I do not believe that we should abort babies at twenty-four weeks if they can be born and survive at twenty-three.

However, I find it difficult to understand people who are so completely against this, they are even against the morning after pill. At the time this works, the 'child' will be a minute bundle of about thirty cells, not even remotely human, imho.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I'm against abortion.

I view the fetus as a living thing and killing it otherwise would be considered murder. I do not believe if a woman gets pregnant on her own will that she would be eligible for an abortion. I believe the baby is alive from the time of conception. I tend to be more lenient toward woman who were raped or were pregnant against their will, but any other situation besides that, You were the one who chose to have unprotected sex, you suffer the consequences.

These are my views and I'm not changing how I feel about Abortion.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    If the girl is raped, the mother is dying, or the zygote(not fetus) is dysfunctional, abortion should be used.

Other reasons than that... it should not be used.

I'm not a "pro-abortionist" or anti. It only depends on the situation.

Years
    I'm against abortion.

I view the fetus as a living thing and killing it otherwise would be considered murder. I do not believe if a woman gets pregnant on her own will that she would be eligible for an abortion. I believe the baby is alive from the time of conception. I tend to be more lenient toward woman who were raped or were pregnant against their will, but any other situation besides that, You were the one who chose to have unprotected sex, you suffer the consequences.

These are my views and I'm not changing how I feel about Abortion.

But what if a woman got abortion early in her pregnancy? Before the first two weeks, you can't really call it "living" yet. It's more or less just a cell that's slowly evolving. At that stage, you can't really say it's a living human being.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    But what if a woman got abortion early in her pregnancy? Before the first two weeks, you can't really call it "living" yet. It's more or less just a cell that's slowly evolving. At that stage, you can't really say it's a living human being.

I believe that single cell is living and it would be considered murder if it was aborted. I know it sounds crazy to you people who are pro-choice, but that's my opinion and I won't be judged by it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    First of all I am pro-abortion if it isn't due to irresponsible reasons or changes of mind.

I also need to say that a fetus is part of the woman's body until it develops to the point were is has too many tissues to be simple.

Which would pretty much be: abortion is only good before the 2nd trimester.

Back