• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Games?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Mmm, have you watched any Pro Gamers play video games in tournaments, or just casually? What are those sort of pro players you've watched, and what kind of games did they play? What did you think of their game play?

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Given the fact that I have connections with certain pro-gamers that I know, yes I have...in StarCraft II. Even though I have that type of capability, I highly doubt a casual player would be able to pull it off...unless that person happens to be dedicated.

(a few people I know were once grandmasters in the past seasons)

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I watch a few pro gamer channels on Youtube, whether it's their own gameplay or commentary. I think, if you look closely enough at most of them, you'll notice that they aren't all the uber-competitive gotta-win-'em-all type people that I think some people profile pro gamers to be. Most are just doing something they enjoy doing and having fun with it. I'd like to think anyone can become a pro gamer. Heck I'd like to become a pro gamer, though my problem is most of the games I'm actually good at aren't really even competitive XD.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Not necessarily, but I do enjoy watching from time to time Speed Demos Archives for their speed runs. It's a hoot seeing people break the game so hard to get the fastest time, especially in Ocarina of Time d:

Years
  • I think it was last season's LoL tournament that I suddenly felt inclined to watch because everybody else around me was doing the same. To be honest, initially I thought I wouldn't enjoy it, but I actually surprised myself. After watching how professional and hardcore the game can be, I suddenly felt an urge to get myself back in the game and make effort towards getting good at the MOBA. That plan eventually died out because I'm generally a console gamer to begin with. The strategies that pro LoL players use are beyond my comprehension since I'm only a beginner, though I've been told that I grasped the game naturally even after one game :)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I love watching Pro games, Used to watch a lot of SC2 but now moved on to League, I watch it every single week without fail, and if I miss it due to work I normally watch the repeats on youtube when I get in, will be going to the all stars in france aswell :D

TY

I watch a ton of Pro games of StarCraft II, and I learn a lot from it and use it in my strategies. They really helped me becoming better and better at the game. I usually watch them just on Twitch, but someday I'd like to go to those tournaments live, especially since a lot are held nearby aswell :D

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I used to watch a lot of SC2 but I prefer to watch DotA2 games. I'm a huge Alliance fan.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
  • I've seen a bit of Starcraft II, League of Legends, and Warcraft Arena.
    If speed runs count I've watched those too, I might even try running Fire red someday.

CrowBloodfang

The Legendary Snake
    Years
  • I watched pewdiepie's videos and yup. he makes games more badass than they usually are :3 I also watch syther's HoN top plays and top fails.. so.. does that count? :D

sorry bad english D:

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I've gotten into Beatmania...which probably has the steepest learning curve for a rhythm game I have ever seen, but that just makes watching people play the hardest songs all the more mind-blowing.

I speedrun on rare occasions so watching some streams concerning some games is always a good time killer.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • I more love watching Casual Player's then hardcore player's.
    It feels better to watch, I dont like to see how to do thing's perfectly, I like to see when people need to try hard to get what they want.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Wow am I the only one to mention Fighting games?

Where else will you get this kind of SALT? And it only happened 5 days ago!
    Pro Games?

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I've watched, maybe a few SC2 and LoL tournies. But I mainly watch FGC tournaments as I watch pretty much all the main tournament, with a few WNF and Next Level here and there. The games I like watching are UMVC3, SSFIVAE, and some KOFXIII.

Where else will you get this kind of SALT? And it only happened 5 days ago!
    Pro Games?
    Sanford's salt too stronk. Love how Rico did the thumbs up though.

Back