• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Trainer Sprite Projects

JakeProTrainer

Insane Strategist
Years
  • A few sprites I recently made based on a few of the main characters in my fanfic Pro Trainer. Much thanks to the Spriters' Resource for providing the base sprites I modified to make these.
    Jake Carleton. Based on myself. Protagonist of Pro Trainer. Idealist.

Andrew Bustrack. Based on real life friend. Skilled, but cynical.

Elliot Caliber. Based on real life friend. Absurdly rich, astoundingly intelligent, unusually level-headed.

Eric the Eeveexpert. Based on real life friend. If it has to do with Eevee or it's evolutions, you can bet that he knows about it.

Mark Bustrack. Based on real life friend. Andrew's younger brother. Hyperenergetic, Blithe, and empathetic to the extreme with pokemon.

First sprites I've ever done. Continuing to edit them, but since they're at least semi-finished, I put them up.

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Yeah he's right you can't see any contrast between colors. Since I don't know what you did I can't say how ell you did but they do look nice overall.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • Hm, not bad ,but quite honestly, it could be a bit better.. for example, the elliot caliber hair shine is pertty unrealistic, and eric's hair could use some shading. Besides that though, it's not half bad- I really like Mark! And Jake has a neat hat.

JakeProTrainer

Insane Strategist
    Years
  • It's a bandanna...

Thanks for the criticism. I've been tinkering with them a bit, and I ended up completely redoing Eric's...

I still need to correct the utter blackness of Elliot's suit and the unrealistic shine, but in the meantime I made some other modifications and additions to his sprite...

Unfortunately, in order to get the pokemon in both these sprites to a reasonable size I scaled down the sprites, and thus they appear rather blurred. Hopefully I can fix this sometime soon.
    Would any of you have advice for reducing blur when scaling down sprites? I'd appreciate that.

Back