• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
Years
  • Ken Kennedy Injured
    By Michael Bluth

-- Ken Kennedy made his in-ring return on Raw last night after being out of action for several months with a shoulder injury. Kennedy was a surprise participant in the "Lakers vs. Nuggets" 10-man tag match, but his return may be short lived. PWInsider.com reports that Kennedy injured his wrist during the match while taking an RKO from Randy Orton. There's no word yet on whether he'll miss any time, but this is another tough break for the fragile superstar. Kennedy has been injured for a considerable portion of his 4-year WWE career, missing 2 out of the last 4 WrestleManias.

Undertaker Has Surgery, Identity of Kroenke Impersonator & More
    By Michael Bluth

-- The Undertaker has undergone hip surgery, according to ProWrestling.net. He had been suffering from hip and back pain for several months and the hope is that the surgery will eliminate the pain in both areas.

-- Ric Flair will be special guest referee for the ROH World Title match in New York City on 6/13. ROH champ Jerry Lynn will defend against Austin Aries. Nigel McGuinness will be ringside to watch the match.

-- The man who played Denver Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke last night on Raw was Troy Stone, an NWA ring announcer. (Source: PWInsider.com)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh, great. Estobon is ognna have a heart attack with Kennedy injured.....again. Feel sorry for that guy.

I was not expecting the 10th guy to be Kennedy....:\

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I'm not sure, but it's possible.

Mewthree did say that the staff would be working more on rising superstars, so there are high hopes for people such as CM Punk.
    They'll probably mess up by trying to hard. Wrestling is in a down cycle right now so they should try to advertise more like the whole Denver fiasco a week or so back.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • Oh, great. Estobon is ognna have a heart attack with Kennedy injured.....again. Feel sorry for that guy.
    Sadly, you're right. Why?!?!?!? Life is so cruel. I was hoping MVP & Kennedy would be Tag Team Champions>

I am about to cry. -_-

At least we have MVP!!!!!(Isn't MVP cool?)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Imagine Kennedy as World Champion. That would be awesome. But you people hate Kennedy for some reason. -_-

It's not that I hate him. It's just that he isn't very high on my tolerable list since there are very few wrestlers I can stand these days. In another time, late 90's, another name, WWF, perhaps. Not now though.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Mysterio is a Lucha Libre wrestler, Vision, FYI. :)

Kennedy has potential...it's just that he gets injured WAY to much...though MVP and him as tag team champs isn't THAT bad.....:P

ravenboy9

Arkansan Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    Well, who do y'all think will win in the TNA Fatal 4 Way at Lockdown(I think that's the PPV)

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • WWE Changes Another PPV Name
    Written by Devin Cutting

WWE has changed the name of it's September pay-per-view to Breaking Point. The event was originally called Unforgiven.

Go to https://prowrestlingevents.tk for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

WWE Hands Out Free Tickets
    By Daniel Pena

source: The Sun

-- In perhaps a first for World Wrestling Entertainment, they had people handing out free tickets all over Los Angeles on Monday — even outside the STAPLES Center before the show. The heavily papered show ended up drawing 8,000 to 9,000 fans.

While the Los Angeles Times ran a story saying Monday's Raw was sold out at a "special limited capacity," and Michael Cole claimed several times during the live broadcast that the building was "at capacity," in reality, the upper level seats were tarped off and darkened. Furthermore, most of the concession stands were closed.

It was also announced during the show that anyone who attended last night's SmackDown/ECW taping could get a ticket for half price if they showed their used ticket stub at the box office.

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • He has potential. I mean, his match with Somoa Joe scored a 5 Star, which is next to impossible in the wrestling world of America.
    That was in ROH. If McMahon were to see it that way Punk would have had a big title reign here in WWE rather than a short one.

At least we have MVP!!!!!(Isn't MVP cool?)
    No I don't like that power ranger. I hate him even more as a face.

Well, who do y'all think will win in the TNA Fatal 4 Way at Lockdown(I think that's the PPV)

Your pretty late man. Lockdown was Sting vs Foley in a cage match for the title.

The Fatal 4 Way you are talking about is in Sacrifice. Which Stong won. BUT is not the champion because he pinned Kurt Angle. In order for him to have the title he had to beat Foley. So since Kurt Angle lost to Sting, Sting is the new MEM owner. (Because thats what Kurt Angle had to Sacrifice)

The next PPV is Slammiversary. Which the main event for it is King of The Mountain match.

ravenboy9

Arkansan Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    Haha, I guess I'm a bit late and confused. I lost a bit of TNA interest when Foley was bragging about 25 stiches, when he's had way worse done to him.... What ever happened to Shark Boy? I thought they were going to bring him back when I saw him in the ODB Date segements.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Haha, I guess I'm a bit late and confused. I lost a bit of TNA interest when Foley was bragging about 25 stiches, when he's had way worse done to him.... What ever happened to Shark Boy? I thought they were going to bring him back when I saw him in the ODB Date segements.

Shark Boys house burned down IRL, he might still be dealing with that.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • That was in ROH. If McMahon were to see it that way Punk would have had a big title reign here in WWE rather than a short one.
    That shows that he has the potential and the talent. Now, all he needs if McMahons's approval and a good story to back him up.

If you guys don't like MVP or Kennedy, then who do you like???
    I like 'Taker, HBK, Mysterio, Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, etc…

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
  • If you guys don't like MVP or Kennedy, then who do you like???

Edge, Swagger, Bourne, Punk (not a lot)

Unforgiven...they should have kept that that name and The Great American Bash should have changed to Breaking Point.
    Isn't Vegenace now being called Night of Champions?

ravenboy9

Arkansan Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    Iactually voted Submission Sunday for the new submission based PPV. But how is that going to work? Only 2-3 wrestlers actually have a submission finisher.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back