• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
    Edge Injury Update: Undergoes Successful Surgery, Graphic Photos Of The Procedure
    Written by Ryan Gray

Edge underwent successful surgery today by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama to repair his torn Achilles tendon in his left ankle. The official WWE website has added some very graphic photos of the surgery displaying the entire procedure. You can check them out at this link.

https://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/edge/photos1/edge09surgery/?cid=2009EP-00
    Yeah, I feel sorry for Edge.
    I heard he's not coming back until early 2010.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Update On Jeff Hardy's Contract Status
    By Brad Ingles

WWE officials are under the impression that Jeff Hardy will take time off when his contract expires in a couple of weeks. There have been discussions of Hardy working a short-term deal through the SummerSlam PPV. The general feeling backstage is that it would be smart to sign through SummerSlam to get the big payoff. Wrestlers who were set to leave the company in the past have complained about the PPV payoffs, but the major difference with Hardy is that he is not leaving for another company. WWE officials want Hardy to return, and he should expect a big payday if he works SummerSlam.

Dates & Locations Of TNA's July Through December 2009 PPV Schedule Announced
    By Daniel Pena

(Thanks to Devin Cutting)

The dates & locations for the remainder of the TNA pay-per-views in 2009 have been announced. Here are the dates & locations:

Victory Road
    July 19th, 2009
    Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida

Hard Justice
    August 16th, 2009

No Surrender
    September 20th, 2009

Bound For Glory
    October 18th, 2009
    Bren Events Center in Irvine, California

Turning Point
    November 15th, 2009

Final Resolution
    December 20th, 2009

EstebanOrt77

Years
    Update On Jeff Hardy's Contract Status
    By Brad Ingles

WWE officials are under the impression that Jeff Hardy will take time off when his contract expires in a couple of weeks. There have been discussions of Hardy working a short-term deal through the SummerSlam PPV. The general feeling backstage is that it would be smart to sign through SummerSlam to get the big payoff. Wrestlers who were set to leave the company in the past have complained about the PPV payoffs, but the major difference with Hardy is that he is not leaving for another company. WWE officials want Hardy to return, and he should expect a big payday if he works SummerSlam.
    So where not going to be seeing Jeff Hardy for a while? Thank Goodness. =)

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Sucks that Edge is injured. By far the best wrestler in the E at the moment. I wonder what they are going to do with the tag titles. I hope they pair Ziggler up with Jericho. Ziggler is gold, and working with Jericho is just what he needs to get him to the next level.

While I am at it, Smackdown is by far the best wrestling show at the moment. It has a great mixture of experience and young talent. The matches are always high quality and it steals the show at every ppv since the draft. Punk, Hardy, Jericho, Edge, Rey and Taker when he returns gives the show experience and people like Ziggler and Morrison get a chance to move up the card. Unlike Raw, which has the stale main event of Cena/Triple H/Orton/Batista part 32659823468273052759384, and guys like MVP, Miz, Matt Hardy and soon to be Swagger and Bourne being jobbed out.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Beserker, I totally agree with you. Ziggler, when I first saw him, I thought he was a punk. I still think he is, but a punk with talent. Lolz. Though fix the look.

Smackdown is indeed the best show. I think the RAW superstars need to switch to SD!. Hmmm...Hope RKO and Cena get drafted to SD!. :P

Diglett

Ice cream snow
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Favorite Wrestlers Of All Time:
    1.Shawn Michaels
    2.Edge
    3.Chris Jericho
    4.Christian

Most Disliked of all time:
    1.Batista
    2.Scott Stiener
    3.Jeff Hardy
    4.The Rock

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    WWE PPV Buyrates
    By Michael Bluth

-- The Pay-Per-View buyrates are in for WrestleMania, Backlash and Judgement Day and the numbers are not pretty. WrestleMania 25 fell short of the coveted "1 million buys" threshold the company always shoot for, bringing in approximately 970,000 buys. Backlash, which was presented just 3 weeks after WrestleMania, did approximately 185,000 buys. Judgment Day did approximately 235,000 buys. It's worth noting that all three of these events did fewer sales than in 2007 or 2008. (Source: PWInsider.com)

WWE Wants SummerSlam PPV To Be Like WrestleMania
    By Brad Ingles

WWE would like SummerSlam to become an annual event similar to WrestleMania, and have used the idea of the Fan Axxess event for this year's PPV. The plan is to host the PPV in major cities in hopes of the public acknowledging that this is WWE's second biggest show of the year.

There is an issue with this year's event with there being only 30 days between this month's Night of Champions PPV and the SummerSlam PPV. The general feeling in the company is that 30 days is not enough time to build up a large event that is supposed to be second to WrestleMania. There are talks about eliminating one of the PPVs to create time to promote the other events, and increasing the ticket prices of SummerSlam.

WWE Re-Signs Wrestler Released In 2007
    By Daniel Pena

sources: www.f4wonline.com, PWInsider.com

-- WWE has re-signed the wrestler formerly known as Eugene, Nick Dinsmore. However, he will not be coming in to wrestle as company officials want him to help groom younger talent.

WWE Renames No Mercy PPV
    By Daniel Pena

-- According to the pay-per-view schedule on WWE.com, No Mercy has been renamed Hell in the Cell. The event will take place on October 4th at an undisclosed location.

WWE Renames Cyber Sunday PPV
    By Daniel Pena

-- According to WWE.com, the WWE Cyber Sunday pay-per-view been renamed WWE Bragging Rights. The event will take place on October 25th at the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    WWE Renames Cyber Sunday PPV
    By Daniel Pena

-- According to WWE.com, the WWE Cyber Sunday pay-per-view been renamed WWE Bragging Rights. The event will take place on October 25th at the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh.

That has to be the worst name the WWE has ever come up with for a Pay-Per-View.

Last edited:

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Bobby Lashley Announces He Has Signed With TNA, When He Will Return
    By Daniel Pena

Bobby Lashley announced during an interview with ESPN Radio Wednesday that he officially signed with TNA Wrestling this past week and will be on hand for Sunday's Victory Road pay-per-view as well as next week's slate of Impact tapings.

During the interview, Lashley said: "I signed with TNA. It's a big thing because I am fighting and my main focus has been fighting and it still is. I left wrestling so abruptly a few years ago and the fans kind of threw their hands up. I left and they were like, man, what about us? I left at the top of my game. I still wanted to wrestle, but I wanted to fight, so it was like, how do you do both? I spoke with Dixie Carter, the owner of TNA, and she was really, really helpful and she wanted to give me an opportunity to give back to wrestling. With their schedule, they only do four days a month. This week, my schedule is Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and I'm done for the month and can concentrate on my fighting. It works out real well."

EstebanOrt77

Years
    WWE Renames No Mercy PPV
    By Daniel Pena

-- According to the pay-per-view schedule on WWE.com, No Mercy has been renamed Hell in the Cell. The event will take place on October 4th at an undisclosed location.
    So every match is going to be in a HELL IN A cell?

Last edited:

EstebanOrt77

Years
    Who do you guys think Jericho is going to choose as his Tag Team Partner for Night Of Champions(Which is this Sunday).

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Lolz, what even happened to him. I know Festus went to RAw, what about Jesse....no offense, but he's nothing without Festus. Lolz

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Jesse, or J-easy, is still with his gangster act. It's quite sad really.

I hope Jericho's partner isn't Ziggler. He isn't good enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back