• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Yeah, i agree ^. Im sick and tired of seeing the same old Orton, HHH, Cena (and Batista when he comes back) always taking the spotlight and having the same feud over and over on Raw, all we hear from them is "Wah wah i want my title back, lets have the same rematch again".

At least in Smackdown we see wrestlers that have potiential such as John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler get pushed and at least we see good fresh new feuds going on there.

I can see MVP becoming a rising star, because he has been there for years, paying his dues and becoming more over each week. He's marketable, full of charisma and would make a good champion and he has proven time and time that he is full of quality matches.

Now as for Swagger, hes a great heel, an awesome in-ring performer and he has youth on his side. The only probelm with him is his lack of marketing thats it.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    They also need to start a real push for Christian Cage....for the love of god, hes got Edge like talent, a better move set, and he's only the ECW champion. He could be face or heal in 10 minutes, hes that good!

He also should have never left TNA.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Yeah. i also agree about Christian, he has great talent and his talent is better then most of guys in the Raw and Smackdown roster and hes got great mic skills and good chaisma and he belongs to Smackdown more but the thing is Vince doesnt give a damn about him, heck i remember a while ago when Vince said he cares about his door mat more then Christian as it says here- https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/article2318485.ece

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
    Yeah. i also agree about Christian, he has great talent and his talent is better then most of guys in the Raw and Smackdown roster and hes got great mic skills and good chaisma and he belongs to Smackdown more but the thing is Vince doesnt give a damn about him, heck i remember a while ago when Vince said he cares about his door mat more then Christian as it says here- https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/article2318485.ece
    So if Vince doesn't give a damn, why has Christian won the ECW Title twice?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    So if Vince doesn't give a damn, why has Christian won the ECW Title twice?

You make it seem that as though the ECW Championship is actually good. The title and that division of WWE are nothing more than a joke. It's basically a reject zone where World Wrestling Entertainment places the people it doesn't really care about.

I really believe that they should merge SmackDown! and ECW or get rid of ECW and merge SmackDown! and Raw. I'd prefer the former greatly.

EstebanOrt77

Years
    You make it seem that as though the ECW Championship is actually good. The title and that division of WWE are nothing more than a joke. It's basically a reject zone where World Wrestling Entertainment places the people it doesn't really care about.
    Are you kidding??? ECW is better than Raw right now!

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Details Behind The Brian Kendrick's Release From World Wrestling Entertainment
    By Daniel Pena

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As noted earlier, WWE parted ways with The Brian Kendrick last Thursday. It would appear that the decision was actually made two weeks ago because he was pulled from a previously from a scheduled program with Evan Bourne that week. He was then booked to lose to Jerry Lawler and Kofi Kingston in humiliating fashion.

To confirm ongoing Internet rumors dating back to last fall, Kendrick's push went up in smoke, so to speak, as a result of his disobedience towards the company's policy on marijuana. He had been warned several times by company officials that they weren't going to tolerate his failing drug tests for marijuana (which constitute a $1,000 fine, but not a suspension) after failing numerous tests. He was one of at least two wrestlers whose pushes were stopped because of their disobedience, and it was likely a major contributing factor in his departure from the company.

Kendrick's release from WWE was also said to be taken as a warning to higher profile wrestlers who have been failing tests for marijuana, as company officials have said many times to a slate of wrestlers individually that they are no longer going to tolerate it.

It should be noted that when Kendrick was informed by John Laurinaitis that he was being let go, he was told it was due to the economy. Those who heard it couldn't believe he gave him such an obviously bogus reason. It's also been said that Kendrick would have been released months ago, but Pat Patterson spoke up on his behalf.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Are you kidding??? ECW is better than Raw right now!

ECW has been a joke since it was brought back. The only person there with any actual talent is Christian and maybe one or two others at this point. Really, ECW's only real main event headliner is Christian.

That's my opinion of course and you can continue to chalenge it if you want.

EstebanOrt77

Years
    ECW has been a joke since it was brought back. The only person there with any actual talent is Christian and maybe one or two others at this point. Really, ECW's only real main event headliner is Christian.

That's my opinion of course and you can continue to chalenge it if you want.
    Actually Zack Ryder and Shelton Benjamin have as much talent as Christian.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    WWE Releases SmackDown Star Who Wrestled On Last Night's Show
    By Daniel Pena

WWE.com made the following announcement this evening:

Ricky Ortiz released
    Written: August 8, 2009

WWE has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Ricky Ortiz as of today, Aug. 8, 2009. We wish Ricky the best in all future endeavors.

EstebanOrt77

Years
    WWE Releases SmackDown Star Who Wrestled On Last Night's Show
    By Daniel Pena

WWE.com made the following announcement this evening:

Ricky Ortiz released
    Written: August 8, 2009

WWE has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Ricky Ortiz as of today, Aug. 8, 2009. We wish Ricky the best in all future endeavors.
    Yes, thank you!!!!!!!!! That's what he gets for stealing my last name!

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Vince McMahon Upset With Current WWE Product
    By Daniel Pena

source: www.f4wonline.com

-- Vince McMahon has been upset with the product as of late and has been heard complaining about the company's inability to create new stars. During a recent creative meeting, McMahon actually said, "G** D*****! WHY CAN'T WE CREATE NEW STARS?"

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Vince McMahon Upset With Current WWE Product
    By Daniel Pena

source: www.f4wonline.com

-- Vince McMahon has been upset with the product as of late and has been heard complaining about the company's inability to create new stars. During a recent creative meeting, McMahon actually said, "G** D*****! WHY CAN'T WE CREATE NEW STARS?"

It's because you don't have a creative team anymore Vince. Wrestling is also on a down turn these days.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Yeah, like i said in my ealier post seeing the same HHH,Cena and Orton feud just gets boring, seriously theres no build up going on with Orton and Cena for Summerslam thats why we get tired of them and heck im more intrested with the feuds going on with future stars like MVP and Swagger rather then Cena, Orton and HHH going at it in Raw and im more intrested in Smackdown then Raw

Dark Nero

Feel The Darkness
    Years
    l liked it when l was a kid but grew out of it because of the fakeness, still a hard sport if even call it that to do, still got a mate wo loves it even though hes 22... lol

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    Lol sounds like it has changed since I last watched it. Last time I watched, Kane still had a mask, Jericho still had long hair, and nobody pretended to be British.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    It's not like these "boring" storylines are hurting ratings anyway. McMahon needs to remove some of the stars from Raw and move then to ECW for ratings and to give opportunity. Then again, I shouldn't be giving advice since I'm a fan and an suggesting such things knowing that it has no consequence on me.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Wrestling News World reader Steven from J-Cena.com sent in the following:

Pro Wrestling Illustrated has ranked the top 500 wrestlers of 2009 just so you know. The results are surprising to say the least, here is the top ten:

#1. Triple H
    #2. Chris Jericho
    #3. John Cena
    #4. Edge
    #5. Randy Orton
    #6. Nigel McGuinness
    #7. Hiroshi Tanahashi
    #8. CM Punk
    #9. Sting
    #10. Último Guerrero

Status
    Not open for further replies.