• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornado

Shooting Star
    Years
    URGH
    That was a pants PPV IMO. The best part was Shane-O teasing the Punt and then getting a SICK RKO from no where, and HBK's SuperKick was hellaciuos!!!

But thats it.
    Im fed up with Edge winning now, he's bascially redoing what HHH did several years ago and its P'ing me off.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    That last night was a good, but confusing PPV.

Great that Edge lost
    Great that Cena lost
    Confusing that Edge won

I loved the first match being the Elimination Chamber.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    That was foul... I literally ripped my head of when i heard Shane lost to RKO... (Same when Edge won the Elimination Chamber...) Lolz, I see many people who hate Cena, and many who love him. I'm the guy who would root for Cena.

"You can't see me!"

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Details On WWE's "Superstars" Show

WWE's new show "Superstars" will air on WGN in April on Thursday night's. The show will be similar to Sunday Night Heat and feature mid-card talent from Raw, Smackdown and ECW. The show will be taped before Raw, and ECW will be taped with Smackdown on Tuesday nights.

Credit: PWTorch.com

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Backstage Problems In TNA

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Among some of the top wrestlers in TNA, there is said to be very little respect for the company these days, with one wrestler specifically naming Booker T as a prime example. Morale underneath is also said to be down, similar to the atmosphere in World Championship Wrestling during its dying days.

One TNA wrestler offered comments to the Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer regarding the current backstage atmosphere after reading his thoughts on the problems plaguing the organization.

"You hit the nail on the head with the top guys just having no respect for the place," the TNA wrestler said. "They just d*** around and don't give a s*** what they do. House shows are an even bigger joke.

Take Booker, when he first came in he was gung ho about helping out the younger guys, contributing to the company and now he's the worst and doesn't give a s***."

There is also a feeling that if the wrestlers on the low end of the card performed as badly as some of the wrestlers being pushed at the moment, they'd be fired. However, the wrestlers working badly week after week remain pushed.

"It all starts with the booking. Like you said, it seems as if they have no care of good or bad."

Chris Benoit Ban Lifted

Written by Richard Gray

- "Chris Benoit celebrates his World Championship win with Eddie Guerrero as confetti fills Madison Square Garden – WrestleMania XX" is featured as one of the Top 50 Moments in WrestleMania History on the official WWE website. You can check it out at this link. It certainly appears as if WWE has significantly backed off of their Chris Benoit ban from history. Thanks to WNW reader Alan for sending that tidbit in.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    They should not have banned Chris Beniot................
    He was my favorite wrestler.......

As for No Way Out.... It was good.

What happened on RAW?

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
    Oh yeah, mid-card talent, I can't wait for this one. :\

Mid-card talent is what makes the WWE. Edge, Jeff Hardy, Triple H and even (shudders) John Cena were all Mid-carders at some point in their careers.

Plus now WWE can actually use their Mid-carders instead of paying them to do nothing.

In other news:
    Vince McMahon is now trying to stop WWE storylines leaking onto the internet;

Spoiler:

So, thanks to the internet rumors of Christian being the man who attacked Jeff backstage at Survivor Series we now have a Matt vs Jeff thing going on and Christian is now on ECW.

Thank you internet, thanks a lot.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I understand that mid-card talent is important but that doesn't mean I have to like it. It doesn't matter if McMahon succeeds in stopping leaking storylines in my opinlon.

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to watch TNA Impact tonight.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Mid-card talent is what makes the WWE. Edge, Jeff Hardy, Triple H and even (shudders) John Cena were all Mid-carders at some point in their careers.

Plus now WWE can actually use their Mid-carders instead of paying them to do nothing.

In other news:
    Vince McMahon is now trying to stop WWE storylines leaking onto the internet;

Spoiler:

So, thanks to the internet rumors of Christian being the man who attacked Jeff backstage at Survivor Series we now have a Matt vs Jeff thing going on and Christian is now on ECW.

Thank you internet, thanks a lot.

Waaa! I hate internet! Stupid Matt Hardy!
    Well, actually, its good this way, I take my insults back.
    ECW will probably be Good, if not, then OK. I didnt wanna see Cage being a heel.
    As for the Matt & Jeff situation... I dont know how WWE is gonna put then back together after the storyline is finished....

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Another one bites the dust...

WWE Cuts Another Superstar
    Written by Luke Parks

- WWE.com announced today that Smackdown Superstar Scotty Goldman has been released:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Scotty Goldman (Scott Colton) as of February 20, 2009. WWE wishes Scott the best in all future endeavors.

- Goldman debuted on Smackdown back in August in a loss to The Brian Kendrick. Goldman was used sparingly in the past few months. He was the host of the WWE.com show "What's Crackin' with Scotty Goldman."

- Goldman, also known as "Classic" Colt Cabana, is best known for his work in Ring of Honor as well as the short-lived Wrestling Society X.

WWE lost a major talent with this one, his work in WSX was better then good. Shame.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Yesterday's Smackdown was ill. Shame that the main event had to end the way it did. Matt and Jeff next week, right?

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Yesterday's Smackdown was ill. Shame that the main event had to end the way it did. Matt and Jeff next week, right?

Smackdown lately has sucked. Hasn't been good in a few years as the WWE is developing no good talent, AND the good Talent they bring in from TNA is never used well. Also, they strip off talent to support the shitty show called RAW. That show is so bad compared to the 1990's its not even funny.

Another Wrestler Departing From TNA Wrestling
    By Daniel Pena

source: PWInsider.com

X Division wrestler Sonjay Dutt, 26, is the latest wrestler to part ways with TNA. His contract was coming up next month and the two sides weren't able to come to terms on a new deal.

The departure caught a few people by surprise as he was a big part of the company's face in India, where Impact is a high rated show.

While he hadn't been used much in recent months, his name was still coming up in creative meetings as recently as last week, so company officials were looking to keep him on board until sometime this weekend.

As a result of Dutt's departure from the organization, it remains to be seen where SoCal Val goes from here. She had been working as his valet in recent months following the conclusion of his feud with "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal.

The TNA website has already removed his profile from the roster page, thus confirming his departure from the organization.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back