• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    It was kind of obvious that Matt would interfere in the match. I mean, look at where Edge was after getting Swanton'd by Jeff. :\

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Debut Set For "WWE Superstars" Show, Three WWE Stars Up For Award
    By Daniel Pena

-- The official website of WGN America is running a contest for a trip to two to WrestleMania XXV in Houston, Texas. The contest ends two weeks from new on March 8th with runner-ups receiving copies of WWE's Legends of WrestleMania video game. To enter the contest, click here.

WGN America is also running ads on television for the contest, as well as the new "WWE Superstars" show. According to the ad, the show will debut on Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 8:00 p.m. The ad says Superstars from RAW, SmackDown and ECW will be on the program.

As reported earlier today, the WWE Draft scheduled for April 13th at the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia will be a three-hour program. Due to the three-hour Draft, WWE probably won't be able to tape a slate of matches for the show's debut. If that's the case, the first "Superstars" taping will take place the very next week when Raw is at the London O2 Arena in the United Kingdom.

The new "WWE Superstars" show is expected to be a "C-Show," so it will likely feature Superstars having trouble getting ring time on the televised Raw, SmackDown and ECW programs. On Friday, we did a report listing the WWE Superstars who have competed in two matches or less on television so far this year. To recap, here is a list of the Superstars and Divas you can probably expect to regularly see on the program:

Superstars: Charlie Haas, Curt Hawkins, DJ Gabriel, Dolph Ziggler, Festus, Goldust, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Hurricane Helms, Jamie Noble, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kizarny, Kung Fu Naki, Manu, Ricky Ortiz, Sim Snuka, and Zack Ryder.

Divas: Alicia Fox, Brie Bella, Candice Michelle, Katie Lea Burchill, Maria, Mickie James, Natalya, and Nikki Bella.

With the new "WWE Superstars" show taking place, it should also be taken into account that WWE will likely ease up on calling up developmental talent to the main roster (especially those on the bubble) because there should be less pressure to instantly succeed. WWE can tryout out new wrestlers and gimmicks before deciding whether to regularly feature them on the main shows or not.

No word yet on who the commentators for the show will be. WWE has former Velocity announcer Josh Mathews calling matches in developmental promotion Florida Championship Wrestling, so if WWE has plans to use someone new, he looks to be the best bet. As far as the ring announcer is concerning, it will probably be Lilian Garcia as the show is being taped before Raw and she's already available in the building. Garcia handled the ring announcing duties for WWE Heat through the show's demise last May.

Freddie Prinze, Jr. Leaving WWE
    By Daniel Pena

source: PWInsider.com

-- It has been confirmed that Hollywood actor, writer and producer Freddy Prinze, Jr. has parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment. Prinze had been working under Michael Hayes on the creative team for SmackDown.

Internally, Prinze's departure from the company is not being seen as much of a surprise as he had attended very few television tapings in recent weeks. One wrestler said he hadn't noticed Prinze at a television taping in about two months.

We never got any feedback on how Prinze was doing on the creative team, but he was well liked by the wrestlers since he is such a huge fan of the industry.

The actor joined the company last July after attending several major WWE events in the years prior.

WWE Interested In Released TNA Star
    By Daniel Pena

-- As reported earlier, Sonjay Dutt has parted ways with TNA Wrestling. According to a source, Dutt has reached out to World Wrestling Entertainment, reports ProWrestling.NET. WWE has expressed some interest in signing the former X Division wrestler to a deal.

Tornado

Shooting Star
    Years
    This superstars thing sounds sweet!
    Evan Bourne Vs Morrison. Wow. Man I hope that some day I'll get this.

And hopefully they realise how USELESS th eMiz is and fire him from Kizarny's cannon :)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Morrison is a horses you know what. Stupid abbs....
    Miz is more my favorite. Like that mohack, though he is annoying.

That reminds me, you saw what happened on Valentines Day? With Miz and Morrison and Primo and Carlito? It was FUNNY!

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Lots of news:
    Jamie Noble Injury Update
    Written by Richard Gray

Despite some tense moments at last night's Raw taping in Nashville, Jamie Noble is OK after being injured in his match with Mike Knox. The injury occurred when Noble took Knox's finisher and according to Mike Johnson, Noble only suffered a stinger. Noble was said to be in a tremendous amount of pain while medical personnel took every known precaution.

The Ricky Steamboat/Chris Jericho segment took place at the top of the ramp rather than in the ring as Noble was being tended to. As Ryan noted earlier, WWE tried to bring Raw back from commercial but had to go back to commercial, causing the show to run a couple of minutes long.

Details Behind Manu's Release
    By Daniel Pena

source: PWInsider.com, www.f4wonline.com

-- As announced this evening, WWE has parted ways with Raw Superstar Manu (real name Afa Anoa'i, Jr.). Regarding his release from the company - which was said to not be much of a surprise - officials were unhappy with his ring work, as well as his overall appearance, which led to his removal from Legacy. Manu had not been seen in several weeks, although the beginning of the end actually started on the last episode of Raw in 2008.

After Randy Orton grew tired of Legacy losing matches, he scheduled a test for each member on the December 29, 2008 episode of Raw; however, Manu failed to pass his test after he lost to the ECW Champion, Matt Hardy, and was kicked out as his former companions Rhodes and Sim Snuka turned their backs on him. Later, Snuka also got kicked out of the group, and the two quickly reunited. They planned to get their revenge on Orton and Rhodes on the January 12, 2009 episode of Raw, with the aid of the returning Ted DiBiase, but DiBiase betrayed them, and joined Legacy with Orton and Rhodes. Manu never appeared in a WWE ring again.

Following a tryout at Deep South Wrestling, WWE signed Anoa'i to a developmental contract in October 2006. Under the name Afa Jr., Anoa'i spent nearly two years in developmental. His stay in developmental was highlighted by a FCW Heavyweight Championship win on October 16, 2007. Afa Jr. defeated Harry "DH" Smith by countout (he was touring with WWE in the UK at the time), to become the new FCW Heavyweight Champion. Afa Jr. would lose the belt to TJ Wilson on December 1, 2007 in a ladder match.

Anoa'i actually made his WWE television debut on November 19, 2007 at a Heat taping. Under the name Mai Tai Anoa'i, he lost to "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan.

On March 20, 2008, Anoa'i was suspended by WWE for violating the company's Wellness Policy. Reportedly, he attempted to cheat on a WWE drug test through the aid of a prosthetic penis. He was caught and as a result, suspended. Soon after, company officials adopted a policy for all talent to drop their pants to their ankles in front of the assigned doctor when taking a urine sample.

At last year's Unforgiven pay-per-view, Anoa'i made his debut on the full-time roster under the name "Manu". He aligned himself with Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase, by attacking Cryme Tyme after their World Tag Team Championship match. Later that night, the three of them helped Randy Orton attack the World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk and Kofi Kingston.

Anoa'i, Jr. is a member of the legendary Anoa'i wrestling family. He is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Afa and brother of former Headshrinkers member Samu. Umaga's mother is the sister of Afa, which explains his relation to the SmackDown star.

WWE Officially Announces University Of Phoenix Stadium Will Host WrestleMania Next Year
    Written by Richard Gray

- WWE issued the following press release earlier this afternoon:

ARIZONA HOSTS WRESTLEMANIA® XXVI
    February 24, 2009

Stamford, CT, February 24, 2009 -- The City of Glendale, Ariz., Global Spectrum and World Wrestling Entertainment® announced that the University of Phoenix Stadium will host WrestleMania XXVI on Sunday, March 28, 2010.

Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs, Arizona Cardinals' Coach Ken Whisenhunt and University of Phoenix Stadium General Manager Peter Sullivan joined WWE® Chairman Vince McMahon and several WWE Superstars and Divas in making the announcement today at a press conference at the University of Phoenix Stadium.

WWE's annual pop-culture extravaganza is a coveted event for any major city. The pay-per-view event will be televised to more than 100 countries. WrestleMania XXIV pumped $50 million into the local Orlando economy in 2008 and set the Citrus Bowl attendance record with 74,635 fans from all 50 states, five Canadian provinces and 21 countries.

This year's 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania will take place in Houston's Reliant Stadium on April 5th where it is expected to set the stadium attendance record.

Visitors from around the world are expected to travel to Arizona and participate in a week's worth of activities that will culminate with WrestleMania XXVI. Among the activities will be WrestleMania Axxess, WWE Hall of Fame, WrestleManiArt™ exhibition, Monday Night Raw®, and WrestleMania "Rocks the Block" street party. The University of Phoenix stadium was chosen after a year long bid process. This marks the first time the Glendale/Phoenix area has hosted WrestleMania.

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
    Years
    Punk so far. I'll have to watch ECW soon to see if there is another qualifying match

Also mewthree u forgot to say that Sonjay Dutt's contracted expired and so far TNA has yet to negotiate.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Punk so far. I'll have to watch ECW soon to see if there is another qualifying match

Also mewthree u forgot to say that Sonjay Dutt's contracted expired and so far TNA has yet to negotiate.

He's gone and not coming back. Soon Jimmy Rave and his partner too.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Update On Sim Snuka's WWE Status
    By Daniel Pena

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Believe it not, but Sim Snuka is one of many currently under consideration for an announcing position on the upcoming WGN show, WWE Superstars. This should explain why the second generation wrestler has surprisingly not been let go yet. For all intents and purposes, his character on Raw has been dropped. Snuka has not been seen since the January 12th of edition of Raw where Ted DiBiase double-crossed him (and Manu) on his return.

Vince McMahon Leaving Creative Team In Dark With WrestleMania
    By Brad Ingles

Vince McMahon's lack of faith in his writers is keeping the creative team in the dark with the WrestleMania 25 card to prevent internet leaks. The writers know as much as fans do and are going off the direction from current storylines.

No plans have been set for the WWE Draft, as WrestleMania is the company's main priority, and there have been no serious conversations on draft moves.

Credit: ProWrestling.net

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
    Phoenix is where the next WrestleMania is? I wanted another NYC at MSG WrestleMania.

I don't know about a WrestleMania (though it would be awesome) but I'd like to at least see a WWE TV taping in Australia. Since 2002 we have had "WrestleMania Revenge", "SummerSlam" and "Survivor Series" tours but more recently we have had SmackDown/ECW and this July a Raw house show. We've gone from tours to house shows, hopefully it won't be long before a Raw or SmackDown/ECW show is taped in Australia.

I mean they tape a show in England, Japan, Italy and even Mexico once a year, why not in Australia, one of WWE's biggest money-making countries.

As for the Draft:
    To SmackDown: Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Christian and John Cena.
    To ECW: Jamie Noble, Ezekiel Jackson and Carlito.
    To Raw: Vladimir Kozlov, John Morrison, Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Mysterio Pulled From Several WWE Shows
    By Daniel Pena

source: PWInsider.com

-- If you noticed, Rey Mysterio was not on Raw last week. He was also missing from WWE's tour of South America last week -- which he is always brought on regardless of brand affiliation. It has just been disclosed that he will not be appearing on this weekend's set of Northeast house shows either despite being advertised.

While the reason for Mysterio's absence from a number of events has yet to be confirmed, the belief among those spoken to is that he is dealing with a personal issue that needs to be addressed back home in San Diego (where he resides). He is not injured, nor has he been suspended.

Mysterio was also scheduled to do an autograph signing at the Westfield Sunrise Mall in Massapequa, New York tomorrow, but he has been replaced by Chris Jericho. WWE.com has yet to update their appearances section regarding the change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back