• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • I'm annoyed that Drew McIntyre is going to WrestleMania after two previous chances. I love how they had me actually start to believe that "local wrestler", that's what they called on WWE.com anyway, would win but alas I was wrong. A shame too really.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm annoyed that Drew McIntyre is going to WrestleMania after two previous chances. I love how they had me actually start to believe that "local wrestler", that's what they called on WWE.com anyway, would win but alas I was wrong. A shame too really.

INORITE? He had better not win the match. >_>

Who you think is gonna win the Career vs Streak match?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • My brain is telling me the streak is going to win because. Just because.

I feel that he has to retire someday though, since he's hurting, so why not end it with a good loss?

My want is tellng me the Career just to so Michaels can shut the hell up about the damn thing.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My brain is telling me the streak is going to win because. Just because.

I feel that he has to retire someday though, since he's hurting, so why not end it with a good loss?

My want is tellng me the Career just to so Michaels can shut the hell up about the damn thing.

...I feel the EXACT same way. : P

It's gonna be a good match, though, that's for sure.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I honestly expect the match to be less exciting than last year's match honestly. Really, how can you get much better than that? You can't that's how. Then again, they upstaged Batista v. Undertaker when I thought that they couldn't do that too so yeah.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I honestly expect the match to be less exciting than last year's match honestly. Really, how can you get much better than that? You can't that's how. Then again, they upstaged Batista v. Undertaker when I thought that they couldn't do that too so yeah.

Haha, exactly!

I'm really looking forward to Money in the bank, though. We got some good talent this year. I'm hoping for Kane...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Bloodex said:
    I'm really looking forward to Money in the bank, though. We got some good talent this year. I'm hoping for Kane...

Money in the Bank has got, like, nine wrestlers in it this year right? I don't remember it being so many in any of the previous matches.

Also, SmackDown! got a 2.0 (3,443,000 viewers) last night. It's not bad.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Money in the Bank has got, like, nine wrestlers in it this year right? I don't remember it being so many in any of the previous matches.

Also, SmackDown! got a 2.0 (3,443,000 viewers) last night. It's not bad.

>_> The ONE week I don't see it. What happened?

No, I'm sure there are only 8 in MitB

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

I'd say otherwise.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    I hope Christian wins MITB, I can see him possibly cashing it against Edge , and feuding with him.

Taker is most likely gonna win at Mania, I cant see HBK retiring now, hes most likely going to take time off after Mania.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I hope Christian wins MITB, I can see him possibly cashing it against Edge , and feuding with him.

Taker is most likely gonna win at Mania, I cant see HBK retiring now, hes most likely going to take time off after Mania.

Christian I wouldn't mind winning, but cashing in against Edge? Nuh-uh.

I think if HBK looses. He's out, for good. As for who's gonna win? I have no idea.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Christian I wouldn't mind winning, but cashing in against Edge? Nuh-uh.

I think if HBK looses. He's out, for good. As for who's gonna win? I have no idea.

It would make sense for Edge to win his title match against Jericho at Mania, and then seeing Christian possibly turn heel.

I dont think HBK, would retire yet, from what I've heard in some reports hes still got a few years left. I'm sure the WWE would give him proper send off, especially to one of the greatest superstar of all time. I can see his retire being similar to Flairs, a retirement match against Triple H would be the perfect send off for him.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • Just for archival purposes:

Raw: 3.4
    TNA: 1.0

https://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/12585/105/

Ouch. The actual rating for TNA was 0.98 but then got rounded up for some reason and that's with Jeff Hardy on the show and RVD debuting with the company.
    An this is meant to be a "war"?

On another note, can't wait to see Stone Cold tonight, this is the first time I've been excited about RAW since January 4th :D

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Left4Dead said:
    Ouch. The actual rating for TNA was 0.98 but then got rounded up for some reason and that's with Jeff Hardy on the show and RVD debuting with the company.

It's not like RVD did much in his debut anyway.

Bloodex said:
    3.4, really? How come the one week I don't watch WWE, the good stuff happens

The previous weeks ratings were higher.

Anyway, it's kind of sad when you think about it since it was just another predictable McMahon screw job over Cena on Raw.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Ouch. The actual rating for TNA was 0.98 but then got rounded up for some reason and that's with Jeff Hardy on the show and RVD debuting with the company.
    An this is meant to be a "war"?

On another note, can't wait to see Stone Cold tonight, this is the first time I've been excited about RAW since January 4th :D

Haha, some war, right? RAW is gonna own if TNA doesn't step up.

WHY DOES ALL THE GOOD STUFF HAPPEN WHEN I DONT WATCH. >_>

But yeah! I'm so phsyed about that. xD

Um...what happened on the 4th again? xD

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Just thought I'd pop in to say that this weeks RAW was the best one in AGES, I mean literally in years. There was no Hornswoggle, no Santino and no damn Bella twins. They put on some decent matches and the Hart vs McMahon angle finally became interesting. I'm hoping this wasn't just a one off, with Wrestlemania around the corner, because I actually really enjoyed RAW this week.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Just thought I'd pop in to say that this weeks RAW was the best one in AGES, I mean literally in years. There was no Hornswoggle, no Santino and no damn Bella twins. They put on some decent matches and the Hart vs McMahon angle finally became interesting. I'm hoping this wasn't just a one off, with Wrestlemania around the corner, because I actually really enjoyed RAW this week.

Your not alone there. xD Here are the ratings for Raw and TNA this week:

Raw 3.7
    TNA 0.8

Raw went up from last week, good, good. They so deserved it. Sorta surprised that TNA went down. I didn't see it though, so I wouldn't know. xD

BREAKING NEWS:

WWE Bans Chairshots To The Head
    By Michael Bluth

WWE has updated its talent Wellness policy with a section about concussions (click here to read the amendment). Part of WWE's effort to limit the number of concussions sustained by its Superstars is a ban on chairshots to the head, which actually went into effect back in January. The section on chairshots reads:

*The WWE has eliminated using folding metal chairs to "strike" an opponent in the head.

*The WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension the following:

-The intentional use of a folding metal chair to "strike" an opponent in the head.

-Any blow to the head that is deemed an INTENTIONAL act.

*The fine and/or suspension will be directed by the EVP of Talent Relations.

WWE spokesperson Robert Zimmerman recently commented to Connecticut's Hartford Courant newspaper about the chairshot ban:

"In January 2010, WWE amended its Talent Wellness Program, specifically regarding the ImPACT™ Concussion Management Program originally instituted in 2008, eliminating the use of folding chairs or props to "strike" an opponent in the head."
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow... that sorta sucks. Chairshots were always fun... and yet, they don't say anything about ladder hits? >_>

Last edited:
    Back