• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • Is it because it's centered around a single type of match and is bound to get repetitive at some point? It also leads to lots of similarities too.

Living Desert

Lock up your daughters...
    Years
  • Is it because it's centered around a single type of match and is bound to get repetitive at some point?

Isn't the beauty of the extreme rules stipulation that basically anything goes? ECW built an entire company around the concept and drew decently for a while before being bought out. I say, give each man some trash cans, a set of matches, a jug of lighter fluid, stack some tables and call it a wrestling PPV event. XD

Btw, here's one of the shoot links you inquired about. Very few former pros can shoot like the Honky Tonk Man. He doesn't mince words, or leave much out. It's a decent intro to wrestling shoots even if its an older one, mostly because it's radio.

You get better quality material at Kayfabecommentaries.com, but it sometimes gets a bit wierd...and you have to pay for their vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRbVF6IXcys

If the link doesn't work, wrestling shoot interviews aren't difficult to search on youtube anyways.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I like hitting people on the head with Kendo sticks in the games. Love how they turn around and fall. =)

Anyways, on a different note, whos gonna see RAW today?

Living Desert

Years
  • There's only so many times I can watch someone get bashed in the back with a chair or a kendo stick.

Didn't you hear? There's lighter fluid...

What if we're talking about a flaming kendo stick and chairs that have been wrapped in barb wire, or fitted with lengths of chainsaw teeth?

All we need is Terry Funk doing the color and it's wholesome family fun.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • I really didn't think wrestling would remind me of my english hw...

First things first: SWAGGER, get your ass of Smackdown. Idiot should have cashed in against Cena... Scratch that, he shouldn't even be Mr. MitB. Should have been Chistian...
    OK! What is with all this Swagger hate? Is it 'cause he cashed it in against Jericho or is it... OH GOD, don't tell me you people hate him because of his LISP.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • OK! What is with all this Swagger hate? Is it 'cause he cashed it in against Jericho or is it... OH GOD, don't tell me you people hate him because of his LISP.

I, personally, like Swagger as a heel main eventer, but could do without him being World Heavyweight Champ.
    His lisp does get to me. I chuckle when he's trying to be serious sometimes.
    I could also do without the whole "all american american american (x50), etc." joke.

Kinda sick of Sheamus. I wish he'd never gotten a push. He's not even one of those guys you love to hate, he's the kind that when you hear his entrance music you groan and change the channel.

Sad to see Shawn go. He was great. Funny too.

My favorite heel of the past 2/3 years is probably Orton. I didn't like how long he feuded with HHH and then Cena, and how repetitive the shows got during the feuds, but he was an awesome champ.

One man who was great on the mic was Mick Foley. Read one of his books, The Hardcore Diaries, a while back and it was surprisingly entertaining.

^Just random unorganized thoughts on present and past WWE.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Living Desert said:
    Didn't you hear? There's lighter fluid...

What if we're talking about a flaming kendo stick and chairs that have been wrapped in barb wire, or fitted with lengths of chainsaw teeth?

All we need is Terry Funk doing the color and it's wholesome family fun.

Lighter fluid is overrated. As are kendo sticks.

Bloodex said:
    I like hitting people on the head with Kendo sticks in the games. Love how they turn around and fall. =)

Anyways, on a different note, whos gonna see RAW today

Too bad you can't do that in WWE these days.

Too many better things to watch and I did watch those other things as well.

Years
  • No matter how bad Extreme Rules is TABLES LADDERS AND CHAIRS will be much worse since the WWE has banned CHAIRSHOTS TO THE HEAD. That means that every chairshot is gonna most likely be a backshot or a gutthrust, and maybe if were lucking working over somones leg or arm with it.

ALSO:
    Even with the lisp Swagger still has STAR written all over him
    To tell you the truth I was more interested in TNA (which came on early) than I was the first half of raw.

On Swagger:
    You can tell hes been working on his lisp, its not AS noticeable as say when he first started. Hes got a great size, great look and -gasp- can actually RASSLE. Plus it could lead to good feuds Edge/Swagger Jericho/Swagger, hell id even like to see Mysterio/Swagger

institutions

Years
  • No chairshots to the head = fail.

Rated RKO's Final Concerto was an epic moment every time it happened. That's what it was, right? The Final Concerto? Or Con(Chair)to? ;D Lame joke.

I think i'm done with WWE. It's gotten too family-friendly.
    ^I say that now, but come monday i'll probably have it on again. There's really nothing else on monday nights.

Years
  • No chairshots to the head = fail.

Rated RKO's Final Concerto was an epic moment every time it happened. That's what it was, right? The Final Concerto? Or Con(Chair)to? ;D Lame joke.

I think i'm done with WWE. It's gotten too family-friendly.
    ^I say that now, but come monday i'll probably have it on again. There's really nothing else on monday nights.
    You can watch TNA. Its on at the same time (this week it starter an hour early)
    They have good and recognizable talent

The Dudleys
    Elijah Burke (As D'Angelo Dinero)
    Flair is managing their top guy
    Nigel McGuiness (as Desmond Wolfe)
    Kurt Angle
    Mr. Kennedy
    Kendrick
    Shannon Moore
    Jeff Hardy and RVD

institutions

Years
  • You can watch TNA. Its on at the same time (this week it starter an hour early)
    They have good and recognizable talent

The Dudleys
    Elijah Burke (As D'Angelo Dinero)
    Flair is managing their top guy
    Nigel McGuiness (as Desmond Wolfe)
    Kurt Angle
    Mr. Kennedy
    Kendrick
    Shannon Moore
    Jeff Hardy and RVD

I used to watch TNA when it was on Thursdays. Never really liked it too much, though. There are plenty of things that bug me: the 6 sided ring, the backstage area with the offices that appear to be made of cardboard, annoying announcers (except Taz; and not as bad as Michael Cole, thank god), lame gimmicks (Hogan and Flair.) Flair retired, he needs to stay retired.

I did like AJ Styles though, and I guess I could check it out for RVD and Kennedy. Liked both of em in the WWE (Kennedy's last ride match with Undertaker was pretty good.)

Didn't like the Foley/Abyss thing a while ago though. It was pretty much the same thing for like, 3 weeks. Foley makes a long 20 minutes heartfelt speech and then beats up Abyss. That's what I got from it anyway.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • institutions said:
    I used to watch TNA when it was on Thursdays. Never really liked it too much, though. There are plenty of things that bug me: the 6 sided ring, the backstage area with the offices that appear to be made of cardboard, annoying announcers (except Taz; and not as bad as Michael Cole, thank god), lame gimmicks (Hogan and Flair.) Flair retired, he needs to stay retired.

Well, they got rid of the 6-sided ring recently if I remember correctly. Other than that it's pretty much the same as Raw without the brand recognition, the guest hosts while including some weird writing.

Living Desert

Years
  • Well, they got rid of the 6-sided ring recently if I remember correctly. Other than that it's pretty much the same as Raw without the brand recognition, the guest hosts while including some weird writing.

You can pretty much count on Vince Russo to produce the same crap over and over. Regardless of whom he's working for, what unique institutions he has to tear down, and the fresh talent base he has available, the man shows the same bag of tricks. It was only a matter of time before TNA began pushing unwanted WWE superstars, got its first bad NWO faction knockoff and employed two of the biggest tools the sport ever produced, Hulk "Wtf is the point of 6 turnbuckles, Brother?!?!" Hogan and Ric "I will never retire!" Flair.

Sure, Vince, you wrote the Attitude Era, I thank you for that.

Now if you could just neatly pack-up your dated and one-dimensional booking talents, carefully place them into the sarcophagus that was created when you got that termination letter from Ted Turner's WCW and be on your way, we might see the business develop and progress a bit.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Speaking of TNA...

TNA iMPACT! Permanently Moving To 8PM (Eastern) On Monday Nights
    By Michael Bluth

Just week's after TNA iMPACT! moved to Monday nights, the company is already changing gears and making a move that many suggested from the beginning.

TNA President Dixie Carter announced via her twitter account that TNA iMPACT! is permanently moving to 8PM (Eastern). iMPACT! will remain 2 hours, but starting next week - the show will have a 1-hour lead-in to WWE RAW and will only go head-to-head with the first hour of RAW.

This week's iMPACT! was a test run to see how the show would do starting an hour earlier and the ratings were enough to convince TNA that a permanent shift is a good move. Monday's iMPACT! did a 0.85 rating, with the first unopposed hour drawing a 0.91 and the second hour, which went head-to-head with RAW, drew a 0.79.

Carter also announced on Twitter that SpikeTV will be adding a replay of iMPACT! to its weekly schedule The replay will air Thursday nights at 9PM (Eastern), iMPACT!'s old timeslot.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • ^ He did loose that match though. Being a first time champion, I thought he would have won.

I'm debating whether or not Smackdown tomorrow is gonna be worth seeing. xD

Years
  • Dude if you didnt watch it you missed out. All 4 matches were pretty solid.
    Jericho vs Edge countout, Edge spears jericho after match. Audience brawl at end of match
    Dudebusters vs Harts, DH over one of the dudebusters with a sharpshooter
    Swagger beat Morrisson in IMO match of the night
    Drew McIntyre had a solid match with Hardy

Both Tyson Kidd and DH Smith are using Sharpshooters now
    Shad Destroyed JTG
    No bathroo- diva segment
    Dolph Ziggler choke out Josh Matthews with the sleeper hold.
    Darren Young told CM Punk he wouldnt join the SES and Rey Rey ended up saving his hair

Back