• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • Bloodex said:
    Funny, I just learned that while going to wwe.com a few minutes ago. And yea, what is he doing here? And as US Champ? I don't think much happened as of late with him... I haven't seen Raw in like ages...

Speaking of Raw, it got a 3.4 rating yesterday

Oh, and rumors have it, but there is a small percent chance that Shelton Benjamin will come back to WWE. According to articles, WWE is being big on African American wrestlers as of late or something... I doubt he'll come back though. It would be awesome for the WWE if he does... assuming they can utilize him correctly.

I thought they would've dropped him a while ago.

Let's hope he does. I miss seeing Shelton around WWE.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Chris Benoit's Father Urges Voters Not To Vote For Linda McMahon
    By Michael Bluth

Connecticut's Hartford Courant has published a lengthy article sent in by Michael Benoit, father of the late Chris Benoit, urging voters not to send Linda McMahon to the United States Senate in November. Benoit holds the McMahons responsible for the dozens of young wrestler deaths we've seen in recent years and says Linda has used blood money to fund her expensive campaign.

An excerpt from the article:

"My son, Chris Benoit, 40, was one of WWE's top superstars. In June 2007, our lives changed dramatically, when he tragically killed his wife, son and himself. The press jumped on steroids as the cause of his actions. But tests showed that brain damage in the form of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, or CTE, not steroids, was responsible for our loss. CTE, caused by repetitive trauma to the brain, can bring on serious disorders such as a loss of emotional control, addictions to drugs and alcohol, depression, aggressive and violent behavior.

Most people view wrestling as fake and the McMahon family pushed that theory to avoid regulation. But in its lust for higher ratings and dollars, WWE began demanding that performers use more weapons and dangerous stunts in wrestling matches. Although matches are rigged and scripted, the harsh physical abuse in the form of blunt force steel chair shots to the head and power bombs through tables onto cement floors are real. I believe that this change in the industry is responsible for the majority of deaths it experienced in the last 20 years.

Michael Benoit says that despite the fact that wrestlers are individuals who have to make their own choices in life, the McMahons have set up a "dirty and dangerous enterprise" where the deck is stacked against the men putting their lives on the line to line the McMahons' pockets.

"You might say that these young wrestlers make their own choices, and that is true. And the McMahons entice them with prospects for fame, wealth and glory that few achieve. If this were any other business or sport, there would be congressional hearings and laws passed to reform this dirty and dangerous enterprise. The McMahons have steadfastly held that wrestlers are just independent contractors and not entitled to health care benefits, pensions or unionization to represent their best interests.

This is how Linda McMahon made the money she uses for her Senate race. This is how she ran her business. This is the true character behind the fancy, Hollywood advertisements. I pray the people of Connecticut do not allow her to buy her way into the world's most distinguished legislative body."

Hmm... interesting what he has to say... I miss Beniot. )=

R.I.P.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I'm really interested in the Kingston v. McIntyre match that's comping up. It seems like the most interesting match only because of the way McIntyre got back the Intercontinental Champion. Anyway:

R-Truth vs. Ted DiBiase: DiBiase

Divas Champion Eve vs. Maryse: Maryse

Unified Tag Team Champions The Hart Dynasty vs. Chris Jericho & The Miz: The Hart Dynasty

Randy Orton vs. Edge: Edge

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk (S.E.S. Pledge vs. Hair Match): CM Punk

Intercontinental Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston: McIntyre

World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger vs. Big Show: Big Show

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Batista ("I Quit" Match): John Cena

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm not watching Over The Limit seems really crappy, but I'm going to wwe.com to see who's winning. And so far:

Kofi Kingston vs. Drew McIntyre(c) for the Intercontinental Championship
    Winner: Kofi Kingston (New Champion)

R-Truth vs. Ted DiBiase
    Winner: R-Truth

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk; Hair vs. SES Pledge
    Winner: Rey Mysterio (WTF)

Eve (c) vs. Maryse for Diva's Championship
    Winner: Eve

Hart Dynasty (c) vs Jericho and Miz for Unified Tag Team Championships
    Winner: Hart Dynasty

Randy Orton vs Edge
    Winner: Double Count Out; Orton suffered a separated shoulder

Jack Swagger(c) vs. Big Show for Heavyweight Championship
    Winner: Big Show via DQ; Swagger is still Champ

John Cena(c) vs. Batista for the WWE Championship; "I Quit" Match
    Winner: John Cena (Duh)

Not sure, but it seems that OTL wasn't as bad as I first thought it was gonna be.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    Orton injured his shoulder at the PPV last night it appeared, if he's out for a while I wonder if they'll turn someone else face (or give someone else a push) to replace him.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ^ Hopefully they'll give someone push (Evan Bourne).

I went 2-4-1. What the hell? I so wanted to see Rey as a member of the Straight Edge Society. Come on now.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ^ I don't know. I've got to watch Raw some more now.

I haven't seen Dolph Ziggler in a while. I guess he's supposed to be Vickie's new Edge for a while? Will they get married but then break up when a video of Dolph making out with some WWE Diva turns up?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • ^ I don't know. I've got to watch Raw some more now.

I haven't seen Dolph Ziggler in a while. I guess he's supposed to be Vickie's new Edge for a while? Will they get married but then break up when a video of Dolph making out with some WWE Diva turns up?

Hopefully not. Ziggler, I like, but him with Vickie?...ewwww.

As for the guys who attacked Hart Dynasty, I'm sure you already know, but there called the Usos or something.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Just a quick bit of info to blurt out:

1)Edge is talking about retirement, however, he hasn't said he will do so anytime soon

2)Mr Anderson, the former Mr Kennedy, turned babyface sometime around TNA's Sacrafice PPV

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ^ He's certainly earned a good retirement.

Anyway, I would've liked it better if Kane was the last person to get into the Fatal 4 Way match but sadly it's Rey. Especially after his opening speech, which I enjoyed very much let me say. I also liked the Intercontinental Championship match between Kofi and Drew. Highlight of my night.

One thing I just noticed that I don't like is how they take commercial breaks during the Royal Rumbles. What the hell? It really kills the mood of the match so I was like zooming in and out.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • ^ He's certainly earned a good retirement.

Anyway, I would've liked it better if Kane was the last person to get into the Fatal 4 Way match but sadly it's Rey. Especially after his opening speech, which I enjoyed very much let me say. I also liked the Intercontinental Championship match between Kofi and Drew. Highlight of my night.

One thing I just noticed that I don't like is how they take commercial breaks during the Royal Rumbles. What the hell? It really kills the mood of the match so I was like zooming in and out.

I agree, I wanted Kane to go after the title, but no, its has to be Mysterio. >_>

I only saw Undertaker's "Funeral" hosted by Kane. I loved it, though.

Battle Royal, actually. But yeah, it totally kills the mood.

I thought I said this, but apparently I didn't. Undertaker isn't in the Fatal 4 Way match do do facial injuries he got in his qualifying math last week against Rey Mysterio. Seems like it's gonna be a while, but that's speculation,

Back