• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Problem with Advance Text

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2017
    I tried downloading and running Advance Text on a Windows XP, but it won't run. Trying to open gives me this error message: "Program to edit texts in a Pokémon Advance ROM. has encountered a problem and needs to close.".

I searched the forums, but the only answer I found was from around 2008, and told the person with the problem to redownload from a provided link, which is now broken.

Does anyone know how to get Advance Text working? Or does anyone know a working link if that is indeed the issue.

Years
  • You should use XSE over A-Text. A-Text is useful for finding text, but that's about it. When editing the ROM and the text gets buggier over time, but if you repoint text with XSE then you'll notice that it's almost guaranteed to do it right.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2017
    You should use XSE over A-Text. A-Text is useful for finding text, but that's about it. When editing the ROM and the text gets buggier over time, but if you repoint text with XSE then you'll notice that it's almost guaranteed to do it right.

Well, since I already got the list of all the text in the game out of A-Text, I suppose I'll just do the rest in XSE.

EDIT: Okay, so I know a bit about editing in XSE now.
    However, the file I got out of Advance Text's ini folder is... slightly inaccurate. I haven't tried them all, but what A-Text says is Oak's intro only points to an update coins event, and the "This world..." line actually points to an obedience check. And of course, I can't use Advance Text's search feature because it still won't open (I tried Crimonon's link and it didn't open either), and XSE's find and replace only searches through whatever's on the screen, not the whole rom. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
    Back