• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

problem with collecting cards

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    month ago i decided to get back to collect pokemon cards
    so i ordered about 20 boosters from diffrent sets and had some great pulls
    i decdided i wanna get evry level ex/X/pro/legend for hs set and the rare cards from ex setss with the star near name.

now ex set r worth alot but i still get boosters on the other hand platinium/HS/PEARL&diamond sets are still cheap but prices go up once few months.

so if u guys can reccomend me what to do:

1.try get ex boosters as much as i can before prices will be to much.
    2.dont try get ex cards focus on x/prime/legends
    3.focus on lv x first.
    4.focus on primes and legends first.
    5.buy few ex boosters few platinium and dp boosters and few hs
    hope get rare pulls.
    6.buy ex booster box first then dp and platinium then hs

btw i buy between 20 to 40 packs per month

hope u can help me ty

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2011
    Well, not sure if it's any help like but my way is to concentrate on one at a time - like I'm concentrating on getting all of HS Triumphant before moving on to something else...

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    this is actually my problem i got abot 20 sets to get the promos lv x ex legedry cards
    dunno where to start and if i have to give up about sets..

Years
    Best strategy might be to buy the more recent sets that are still tournament legal like HGSS Triumphant and sell off any of the valuable rares that you already have copies of and use that money you make to buy the rest of the cards you're looking for as singles, since older rares are much more common as singles than boosters for the sets they are from are. That's just my opinion, though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    i cant sell copies i got none realy play pokemon here and i just like open boosters
    and collect the rares card
    as i said i dont realy know where should i start cos prices always changes...

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    so u think i should buy older sets first
    like ex holon phantoms dragon emerald power keepers etc...
    the dp
    then platinium
    then hs?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    i dont realy know how to sell cards on internet.....
    and i afraid that i wont pull more then 1-2 rares on ex box who worth more then
    150$ each
    and ther is so much sets now its hard to choose where to start =s

Years
    Then I guess go with the method you thought up above. Shipping cards can be expensive anyway if you don't do it right.

EDIT: Though the ex Pokemon first appear in ex: Ruby & Sapphire, which is about 4 years older than ex: Holon Phantoms.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    ye i know thats why i so confused i cant realy get those packs only
    delta peies legeds maker c guardians power keepers d frontiers
    and deoxys
    and evry pack worth like 2 hs packs or pl packs or 1.5 dp packs
    so i dunno if it worth to buy them for low chance to get stars and ex cards =ss

Years
    Your best bet would to actually buy the cards you're looking for individually, but that involves looking on eBay and Amazon to avoid being overcharged by online retailers of the cards. If you look hard enough, there are a few shops on eBay itself that specialize in Pokemon cards.

Back