• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem with Exp. Share.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    Hello, I'm having a problem with the item Exp. Share, in the case which should distribute the experience gained by all Pokémon in party, as in Gen 6, though I can not turn on / off the item in the backpack, one might me help out?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The Exp Share (from Gens 2-5) is a separate item, and was coded first, so it got the internal name EXPSHARE. What you want is an item we'll call the Exp All, since it's similar to the Gen 1 item of that name. The On and Off states of this item are actually two separate items, so the two internal names you need for them are EXPALL and EXPALLOFF. Effects already exist for items with these internal names.

Remember that the name of an item doesn't have to be identical to its internal name. You could call it "Sausage" and still give it the internal name EXPALL.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    The Exp Share (from Gens 2-5) is a separate item, and was coded first, so it got the internal name EXPSHARE. What you want is an item we'll call the Exp All, since it's similar to the Gen 1 item of that name. The On and Off states of this item are actually two separate items, so the two internal names you need for them are EXPALL and EXPALLOFF. Effects already exist for items with these internal names.

Remember that the name of an item doesn't have to be identical to its internal name. You could call it "Sausage" and still give it the internal name EXPALL.

Now it's working.
    Thank you.

Back