• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problem With My Nintendo DS?

Do you like Nintendo DS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaysharpe#1

Papa Roach Rocks!!!
    Years
    Hello! My Nintendo DS Broke so heres the story.

Tuesday March 15th, 2005

9:00pm- I just finished watching American Idol with my mom after playing Pictochat. 9:00pm- I wet to bed (don't think it's over cause I just layed down watching Mucha Lucha without anyone knowing). 10:00pm(A.K.A The moment)- I wanted to sneak my DS so I can play. When I opened the case I took it out the DS and I fliped it open and the top platform was sort of hanging so I looked in the back and one piece was missing. So I got worried, I looked back in the case and I found the piece that was missing! So that night I told my mom and she said she'll take me to GameStop After school.

Wednesday March 16th, 2005

3:30pm- Just got home from school and my Mom took me to GameStop. Now when I got there I told a guy that worked there the story. The guys exact words were " We don't fix systems we send them back to the company (Nintendo in this case) they fix it, They send it back to GameStop and GameStop sell's it so other people". I got mad and here I am with no explanation to the problem. Can you help?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Can you be a bit more specific? What "case" What "piece" and did you mean the top screen or bottom screen by "platform".

[I got your PM ^_~]

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    that's rather unspecific too....to help you I need as much detail as possible.

Years
    I also got your PM probably somebody threw some liquid or they threw in the floor real hard I don't know that much cause I don't got ds but later I will

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I'm guessing you mean the battery cover.
    Flip your DS over where you see the black part. Have it facing you where you can read Nintendo DS right side up. Now if what's broke off is to the left of were it says Nintendo DS then your
    battery cover broke.
    Now you can always tape it and it will be fine. That is if wh
    at's broke is the battery cover (if you took the DS to a store and showed them and they said they don't fix systems then it might be more then the cover).
    If it is the battery cover then I think you might be able to buy one at Nintendo.com (but I'm not sure).

jaysharpe#1

Papa Roach Rocks!!!
    Years
    Problem With My Nintendo DS?
    [/URL][/IMG] click it

Years
    I got your PM it seems it broke somehow im not sure if it suppose to be that way but somebody was touching your stuff and threw it by accident or unpurpose

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Call Nintendo. One of the numbers on the box I think should do it. I called them when my Super Game Boy for the SuperNES was erasing my Game Boy saved data and when my SuperNES died. They ask for your address and stuff and they'll direct you to an authorized repair location near you.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Any luck?

The hinge shouldn't have fallen off like that x_x;; Your DS is covered by warranty, so as long as you didn't do it [the damage would have to have been from manufactoring defect] Nintendo will repair/replace it for free. ^_^

Back