• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Problem with NPC movement

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hello
    I'm new to both scripting and the PC
    I've been having problems with getting my NPC to walk away after speaking to you.
    What it's meant to do:
    The script is meant to have an NPC give the player a pokemon (Eevee) and then he is meant to walk away however he does not move.
    any ideas on how to resolve this? the script i am using currently is in the spoiler below.
    Thanks in advance.

Spoiler:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    It seems like he would only move if you say you don't want Eevee, am I right?

Because in this subscript there is no applymovement:

Spoiler:

The way you've set up the script is weird, why setflag when he hasn't given you eevee? Unless it's a case of you have one chance to get it kind of thing.

I've fixed your script:

Spoiler:

(I've ommitted the text and movement strings just for clarity, of course they should be in there)
    As you can see i don't see the point of the checkflag at the start so you can remove that and the 'if' if you're going to give the person a person ID.
    Replace the 'XXXXXX' with free space and fix the grammar mistake :) 'received an Eevee

Hope that helps!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Yeah I noticed a few of the mistakes after posting this but I still couldn't get it working.
    The grammar mistake is actually from when it was meant to be a pichu, but yeah thanks for the help.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I don't see a movement list at the pointed to data - there is no #org 0x8801E1A?

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    I don't see a movement list at the pointed to data - there is no #org 0x8801E1A?

Ofc, how did I not see this lol. Changing the pointer to your movement list should get it to work.

Back