• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Problem with Pokemon Crystal

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I am having trouble playing the Crystal Rom. Everytime I try to do the Bellsprout Tower event, the game keeps on resetting and saying,"This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color." And I have the VBA emulator set on CGB/GBC so it is set on GBC. So how do I fix this problem?

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    You probably got a bad dump of the ROM. My only suggestion is to find a better one.

Years
  • I heard Crystal has some issues..mine deleted the game file by itself a couple times, so I just gave up on it x.x

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Sneasel the Cutter you shouldn't be posting up links to Illegal material, you'll get in trouble

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • theres definitely a problem with the rom. I changed nothing on vba and it worked perfectly for me.

Back