• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Problem with script selling eggs to player.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2019
    Hello,

I'm trying to add few merchants to Pokemon Emerald, that would sell Eggs to players.
    I used information found in XSE help file and at a certain site detailing money commands .
    I use Virtual Boy emulator, Advance Map 1.92 and XSE 1.1.1.

Code I produced:
    Spoiler:

But its not working.

When compiled, its is changed to
    Spoiler:

So, first thing, text in yes/no question is changed to g. for some reason, and it even after I edit it, it still keeps changing to g. after script is compiled.
    Yes/no works apart it, no puts appropriate messege, yes goes to money check.
    If player can't afford it, it also works as intended- NPC says 'Come back when you have money.'
    But if player got enough money, nothing happens- no money is substracted, no egg is given, and g. is stuck on screen.

I can't see what's wrong here (granted I'm not experience with XSE and my programming skills are low), so, please, anyone sees a fix here?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    #org @ok
    = Thank you! I have more TOGEPI\nEGGS to sell. \p Also, don't\lforget to talk to my collegues.\l/p They have more rare EGGS from\lJOTHO!
    paymoney 1500 0x0
    giveegg 175

That.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2019
    #org @ok
    = Thank you! I have more TOGEPI\nEGGS to sell. \p Also, don't\lforget to talk to my collegues.\l/p They have more rare EGGS from\lJOTHO!
    paymoney 1500 0x0
    giveegg 175

That.

Still no idea what to change here.

I managed to create working script, by having checkmoney before yes/no.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Still no idea what to change here.

I managed to create working script, by having checkmoney before yes/no.

#org @ok is a pointer to text, you can't just have commands after it.

Back