• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Procrastination

Years
  • My final exams start next week, and the only thing I have learned so far? That I am even lazier and undisciplined than I thought myself to do. Even if I assemble all my self control and stop myself from wasting time in my favorite ways, I will just literally derp around rather than get anything done. So yeah, I even procrastinate my own procrastination - Procrastiception!

Livewire_

Knight of Three
    Years
  • I'm really bad. I make a point of doing Homework the night before, or in some cases, the day of. Unless I'm in one of my weird motivated bored moves.

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
    Years
  • This is so me. I will wait until the last minute to do something. I become so pressured and sleep-deprived that I start hearing things. At this point, I got nothing, so I'll include teh strange thoughts in my essay. It's a hit or miss.

I've also done homework on the way to school... or while walking up the stairs to go to class... or while eating lunch. n__n

The individuals who finish their assignments a few days in advance are just freaky. B)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I don't procrastinate too much. At least, I don't think it's too bad. I kinda procrastinate a day or so until it's due, for projects or any kind of long-term assignments for school. But for just homework, I tend to that in school since I hate to do it at home.

For studying, I am a huge procrastinator, mainly because I just forget. I always end up studying late at night or waking up earlier to make up for lost time.

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
    Years
  • I procrastinate severely, to the point that it is seriously affecting my grades. I guess I plainly don't like doing things that I see no immediate interests in. However, once I do, and I find a reason to be determined to complete something, I'll give it absolutely everything I have. But yeah, anything outside my area of interest I tend to just procrastinate extremely bad.

This. I put the "pro" in procrastinate.

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
    Years
  • I have been procrastinating even before I was born...Seriously, my mother said that as a fetus I was quite energetic but somewhere around the eighth month I decided to stop moving. My parents were afraid and went to the doctor who said I was alive and that I just wanted to take the birth position...However I was born the first day of my tenth month...I must have been too lazy to go outside..:P
    If I really don't want to do sth *cough*essays*cough* I am procrastinating to the death :/ but there are times that I really like to do sth (usually sth concerning biology) and I end up having finished it around a month before the supposed end day...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I procrastinate with everything in life. Whether it's online, IRL, whatever. Always last minute. It's a thing that "oh yeah I can do it later" and that despite being bored at that time I just don't wanna do it. :( /has no motivation for things

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2012
    I had several problems with procrastination.

In college I started to procrastinate. First, I finish my essays and final projects during the deadline. In my first year, my group almost murder me for sending the final group project two or three minutes before the deadline (there was a digital system that just allows to update work before the deadline).
    Then I started to procrasinate so much that I started to send my essays and projects after the deadline. Minutes, then hours, then a day or two.

I have two personal records:
    Procrastinating so much that I decided to not to send the project. I did such an ellaborated scam that the teacher gave me a good mark (7 out of 10).
    And another time I procrastinated so much that I sent the project a week after the deadline. I used another elaborate scam and managed to have probably the best mark of the class (10 out of 10).

But lately I have started to try some tecniques to stop procrastinating. To procrastinate sounds cool (like "I don't give a **** and anyway I get good marks"), but being truly responsible it allows to achieve more and better things!
    I encourage you to stop procrastinating! Investigate tricks and tecniques to fool your brains in order to make them to stop procrastinating. It's possible!

mameshiba

Creepy Purple Zordon
    Years
  • i procrastinate but get higher grades than the "better" people who do not procrastinate. I think im starting to change

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2012
    i procrastinate but get higher grades than the "better" people who do not procrastinate. I think im starting to change

All procrastinators that reveal that they are procrastinators online use to get higher grades than people who don't procrastinate.
    Congratz for the change.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Aren't we all just on the biggest procrastination tool in the world? What else is the internet for if not to procrastinate vociferously. Whether it's here or Twitter or TV Tropes or Facebook, it's hard to think of a time before the internet. Did I even procrastinate at all...? Them's some serious philosophical questions.

Essentials

Lost in Thought
    Years
  • I honestly don't know what procrastination means. But judging from what you all said and after searching it on Wikipedia, I think it means postponing stuff.

I don't procrastinate much. If I do, it would be because it's something I can't and do not want to do. Like doing school projects, especially if it's Civics. I blame my teacher.

Back