• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Prof. Oak's Script doesn't work anymore

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    lol... this is weird. But here's my post: ht tp: //pastebin. com /eeKrGVZJ
    Get rid of all the spaces to make it work.

I posted it in pastebin because it wouldn't of have let me :c even though I had no links (imgur links were images before, and I had checked "Automatically parse links in text" and "Disable smilies" in text anyway, so I really don't know..."

Hopefully you can still read it and help me. I posted this even though the problem I mentioned above because I NEED help... I'd really appreciate it guys. :(

And I'm really sorry moderators of this room if this is wrong in any way... :c If you could edit this post with my pastebin above since it doesn't let me post it, it would be awesome.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    So what I'm getting at is that you made Professor Oak into a Pokémon, kind of. You just editied his sprite and showed a mugshot using showpokepic rather than implemeting the mugshot ASM. Not bad. But as for your problem, it may be the fact that you were using a Pokémon that was shouldn't have been used. Everything in your script is in working order, it'll probably be better to expand the Pokédex with GH3S and use that, and not use the 252nd Pokémon, cause that may be the problem. Other than that, everything seems fine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    So what I'm getting at is that you made Professor Oak into a Pokémon, kind of. You just editied his sprite and showed a mugshot using showpokepic rather than implemeting the mugshot ASM. Not bad. But as for your problem, it may be the fact that you were using a Pokémon that was shouldn't have been used. Everything in your script is in working order, it'll probably be better to expand the Pokédex with GH3S and use that, and not use the 252nd Pokémon, cause that may be the problem. Other than that, everything seems fine.
    Hey! Thanks for replying.

Uhm. For the Mugshot yeah, I just changed the 252nd Pokémon sprite to a Prof. Oak mugshot sprite I found (obviously gonna give credit when I finish it). BTW I don't think the fact that I was using the 252nd Pokémon is the problem, I'm gonna test it right now and change to a random pokèmon.

I modified 0xFC to 0xFB now. It should hopefully show Celebi.
    ...And indeed it does. Now let's see if it becomes pitch black when I go into Prof. Oak's room. About it, it doesn't even restart, just becomes pitch black. I think it probably freezes right when you enter in, at the black frame.

...And with Celebi it still becomes black. So no, the fact that I'm using the 252nd Pokémon is not the problem. :/ Something in the code probably... should I give my ROM? (the .ips file obviously)

It has mostly decapitalization I'm doing with G3T, PSS with Icons, updated moves to Sixth Gen status, changed evolution methods of Pokémon that require trading to evolve, and National Pokédex is now given to you now instead of Regional.

I also added in a Transparent Textbox that I'm gonna use later in the rom that I tested by the guy who says: "Technology is awesome!".

Maybe one of these features bugs it out?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Hey! Thanks for replying.

Uhm. For the Mugshot yeah, I just changed the 252nd Pokémon sprite to a Prof. Oak mugshot sprite I found (obviously gonna give credit when I finish it). BTW I don't think the fact that I was using the 252nd Pokémon is the problem, I'm gonna test it right now and change to a random pokèmon.

I modified 0xFC to 0xFB now. It should hopefully show Celebi.
    ...And indeed it does. Now let's see if it becomes pitch black when I go into Prof. Oak's room. About it, it doesn't even restart, just becomes pitch black. I think it probably freezes right when you enter in, at the black frame.

...And with Celebi it still becomes black. So no, the fact that I'm using the 252nd Pokémon is not the problem. :/ Something in the code probably... should I give my ROM? (the .ips file obviously)

It has mostly decapitalization I'm doing with G3T, PSS with Icons, updated moves to Sixth Gen status, changed evolution methods of Pokémon that require trading to evolve, and National Pokédex is now given to you now instead of Regional.

I also added in a Transparent Textbox that I'm gonna use later in the rom that I tested by the guy who says: "Technology is awesome!".

Maybe one of these features bugs it out?

ACTUALLY G3T 2.7 isn't the most reliable right now for its Anti-Exploud(the decapitalizer), so for the decap, use G3T 2.5, unless you already did this.

Back