• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Profanity! Wash You Mouth With Soap!

Do you swear

• A Lot!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Only When I'm Angry!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Never!

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • I Swear Like a Giant Radioactive Monkey!

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    Well... the first meaning it shows feelings.. Like my computer got d-word-ed. Not considered as a swear.. but in this case...

d-word you would be considered as a swear. It's how you use it that changes the meaning. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I just realized today how much I swear in other languages. Especially Japanese. o_O; I must've said "kuso" about 20 times while waiting for my mom to pick me up from class today. It's not terrible, but heck, if my Japanese teacher heard me... xD;;

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Lol my jap teacher usually lets people swear, just not swear loudly. I think in Japan and other Far Eastern Countries, people are use to casually swearing. The teachers/schools focus on other stuff, dunno n.n;;

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    22sa said:
    Lol my jap teacher usually lets people swear, just not swear loudly. I think in Japan and other Far Eastern Countries, people are use to casually swearing. The teachers/schools focus on other stuff, dunno n.n;;
    I think that too. x_x; My classmates swear just...just out of the blue. x_x; Sometimes in English too... x_x; But sometimes I say "Kuso!' n_n;;;;;; Is it that bad a swear word? In Chinese translations, it looks okay... n_n;;;

22sa

Years
    Miyu-chan said:
    I think that too. x_x; My classmates swear just...just out of the blue. x_x; Sometimes in English too... x_x; But sometimes I say "Kuso!' n_n;;;;;; Is it that bad a swear word? In Chinese translations, it looks okay... n_n;;;
    Since I don't really hear the, I don't know any Chinese/Easterns swears but the Far Eastern countries aren't Christian-dominated like North America and Europe are so I guess that's why they tolerate swearing well. :/

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    yeah that's a good explaination. n_n; We still have some Christians in our class that swear though... n_n;;;

22sa

Years
    LOL, maybe they aren't devoted. :P

I have knowticed many Christians are actively swearing too... x_x;;

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I swear that I would never swear! >"< Even though I sometimes think about it in my mind, but even thinking about it is a sin, isn't it? T.T

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I've never sweared before, and I don't think that I will once I'm older. ^_^; I think there are better words that you can use besides those... And I guess thinking about it is a sin. o_O *shrugs* Lol, ah well.

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
    Man...I feel really bad now...I kind of swear a great deal because I'm always ticked at someone...

to Haruka-Nearly everything is a sin...

I don't really find swearing bad, just because I've grown up around it. I try not to swear, but it's natural for me to. I don't do it openly out of fear of getting into trouble

My friend's mother's band director used to swear at them in Italian just 'cause he knew no one would know what he was sayin'! Lol! But nonetheless, I find nothing wrong with expressing your opinion with a swear word. It does come with (in America) the freedom of speech in the American Constitution (Bill of Rights.)

22sa

Years
    Miyu-chan said:
    I swear that I would never swear! >"< Even though I sometimes think about it in my mind, but even thinking about it is a sin, isn't it? T.T
    @.@;; I still think about it. Like Blaine, I've been way to influence by it while growing up in Canada. It's what comes out of your mouth that counts though, right? I know the bible said something about keeping a pur mind but that's pointing to Adultery (Lusty thoughts) I believe.

Kayleigh: That's reeeeeeeeeeeeeallly nice to hear ^____________^;;; Lol!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Blaine said:
    Man...I feel really bad now...I kind of swear a great deal because I'm always ticked at someone...

to Haruka-Nearly everything is a sin...

I don't really find swearing bad, just because I've grown up around it. I try not to swear, but it's natural for me to. I don't do it openly out of fear of getting into trouble

My friend's mother's band director used to swear at them in Italian just 'cause he knew no one would know what he was sayin'! Lol! But nonetheless, I find nothing wrong with expressing your opinion with a swear word. It does come with (in America) the freedom of speech in the American Constitution (Bill of Rights.)

lmao , my family and i are very religious and we still swear ^^.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Miyu-chan said:
    @_@ I'm pretty sure it means the "d-word" or the "s-word". o_O;; But I haven't formally looked it up in a while. XD;

Seeing as the bible talks about the people in the stories buying the services of prostitutes, I don't think there would be too many people condemned to **** for swearing. o_O;; (And yes, there is a story in the bible about some guy using a prostitute. He later found out that she was his daughter in law. ^_^ And yes, I do know it's hazardous to my health to be reading the bible. o_O')

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    I never swear in casual conversation...I think it's so nasty...

I have, however, swore when I got really REALLY angry...but I never take God's name in vain when I swear it's just not in my vocab

*get's all charismatic and breakdances*

BOO ya!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Miyu-chan said:
    But I bet that I know more swear words then you guys... XD (In Chinese, English, Taiwanese...)

That's nothing.
    I can swear in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese etc. :P

I used to swear a lot in 3-4 grade. In 5th grade I stopped a little
    but I still did. 6th grade I sweared BIG TIME!
    Then I stopped a lot this year.
    I barely do anymore.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Eh, I believe this thread is too old, it will be closed soon you guys ._.'''

~DragonTrainer:dragonite

Back