• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Profanity

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
    You would have to define profanity, for profane language can differ between two plus people thus subjective. However, for discussion sake, I do not despise such words, but I am not an advocate of spreading fowl phrases. I find it rather natural to use an alternative word to best fit the situation.

Lash

Years
    I am the type where I can't open my mouth without saying a cuss word. I just say cuss words so fluently, sometimes I don't even know when I am using them XD;

In my personal opinion, it is impossible for someone to express themselves without cuss words. Like, when you are angry and "going down without a fight", so to speak, and the only way to vent is to either cuss, or punch a hole in the wall to get into more trouble in the process of doing so, which are you going to chose? Personally, I think it comes down to choice and probably self expression.

edit: This did pop into my mind after typing my opinion: Maturity. Being mature about the situation would too, be a choice.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    In my personal opinion, it is impossible for someone to express themselves without cuss words. Like, when you are angry and "going down without a fight", so to speak, and the only way to vent is to either cuss, or punch a hole in the wall to get into more trouble in the process of doing so, which are you going to chose? Personally, I think it comes down to choice and probably self expression.

In my opinion it's impossible to go through life without using an expletive at least once. It's pretty easy to not swear any other time. :P

Revendusman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2008
    mY OPINION GOES LIKE THSI: THERS NOTHING WRONG WITH EXPLETIVES. I mean, people with constipation need some kind of relief to cure them...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I try to avoid it, and I don't care if other people do it around me...but I am bothered when up-tight parents swear and still expect their kids to be the good little angels thay think they are.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I really don't give a flying... ermm... I mean, I really don't care about cursing so much anymore. I mean, when did society decide that some words were considered as "bad" and others as "acceptable?" Just like us, words basically, to me at least, started out the same. Over time, peoples' perception of words changed, and from what might have been one person's opinion of a word escalated into a series of similar opinions. Because of those similar opinions, we've all learned that certain words are good, and others are bad. But who are we to care? We also have the right to decide whether a word is good or not, no?

So, well, yeah. That's why I don't really care about profanity. Sure, I wouldn't say it in front of a little kid or an honorable adult, but on the other hand, words are just words.

Of course, that's just my view.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm around profanity quite a bit, at home and out in the world, it's pretty hard to escape it since it's become such a densensitized aspect of our lives. I try not to swear, but stuff slips out every now and then. It used to be that I didn't care who I would offend by saying things, but in the past few years that's really changed. I guess I just try to be more respectful of people who don't like hearing the words and I'm not the biggest fan of them myself anymore, they're nothing a good vocabulary can't replace anyway.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Hmm, profane language, I can't say I despise it, I just think it's un-needed in some situations, and around kids, but if one is angry, I consider it as them getting things off their chest.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I only use them when I'm with my friends and we're not in public. I tired not using them for a while, but it's habit for me, so it just kind of happens. I can control myself though, I don't use them around my parents, or little kids, so in my opinion using them around my friends is normal and kind of acceptable.

I shouldn't say them, but I do.

Besides the F word wasn't a cuss word to begin with, but people started using it as one and now look >_>
    I think they're just words that started off as other words. I just don't see it as much a big deal cause I watch myself and only use them around my friends.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I swear, but not at people. We all know the situation where we've been in that much pain we have to shout out, but aiming this kind of word at someone is extremely derogartroy.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I swear often. It's just a habit that I picked up from the high school that I went to, and the place that I work at now. The words just tend to slip out.

But I do try to make an effort as to what I say around people. Like for a few of the customers that I'm friends with, I don't swear around them because it just wouldn't be right. So I always think things out in my mind before I say it. It's the same thing around my mom. She doesn't like swearing, but if I'm with my dad, then I can say what I want.

Out in public, if the words slip out, then I really don't care. Around where I am, parents swear at their kids all the time.

Of course, I never swear at someone. It's always with someone if I do swear.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Has for the most part, always scared me. I hate those who 'constantly' have to, Also to show not to have alot of smart vocabulary.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    "effity effing eff lawl shii beeech bleep"
    That's what gets me really mad.
    People cussing every other word because they think it makes them look cool. :D
    I only cuss when I get really mad, and even then I hardly do. I think it's retarded, I mean, using curse words 24/7. Especially around small children... and to take that even further, I live in a bad neighborhood, and all the kids around here that are like six or seven cuss like every other word and know about drinking and sex and everything. It's kind of sad, really.

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I dont think theres a point to it.,especially when people do it too much or to try to be cool, then its immature.

But I basically never swear unless im quoting someone or a song.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    The only problem I have with swearing is when someone uses it for no reason. If they have a reason, sure, whatever, let them use it, but when they just do it to sound "cool", they're idiots.

The only time cursing is allowed for no reason is in songs. For some reason, it doesn't annoy. It might just be the fact that once it's on the disc, it ain't coming off.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    I really only cuss around my friends who cuss as well.

I dunno what it is, but I love songs that have a lot of stuff in them that's 'bad'.

I was never raised around language. Only a year or so ago did I begin using it somewhat heavily.

Oddly enough, I don't cuss when I'm angry. It's then when my intelligent, argumentative side comes out. Other than that, though, I think I cuss at least ten times a day, whether it's just to myself, or to others.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    I don't really care about it too much, except for one word, all I'll say is that it starts with a "C". I can't stand that word, whenever I hear someone say it, I instantly get annoyed and angry. For me, its the dirtiest word out there.... >____>

Back