• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Professor Layton Series (DS)

Cello

Tonight!
Years
  • https://www.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/laytonkyoujunofushiginamachi/index.html
    https://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/laytonkyoujutoakumanohako/index.html

Yet another stand-out series on the DS.
    I just heard about Devil Flute, as well. I'm excited for it!

Professor Layton and his apprentice Luke... go around solving everyone's homework problems for them I guess?
    These games are simply amazing.
    I've never seen much in a puzzle game but this series has totally reinvented the genre for me.

Anybody else a fan of Layton and Luke? :>

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
  • I love the Professor Layton Games! I finished Curious Village a week ago, and now I'm playing: 'Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box', I heard it was actually called the 'Pandora's Box', but on the title screen it says Diabolic Box. It's weird.

But I'm such a big fan!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I never got around to playing either. I really should, they sound amazing.

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • I wanted to play the curious village but never got around to getting it. But i did get the diabolical box and man is that game tough. I mean you guys are all smarties but i am dumb and most of the puzzles really stump me. So i put the game aside for a while, but it is really fun. It also makes you kinda want to act proper XD

King!

better
    Years
  • Yeah, I've just gotten Diabolical Box, which, the bix is actually called the Elysian Box. It's a really good game, and I really like the story.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I like the series, but it's a shame for me that I remember all the solutions to the puzzles, so there's not much replay value in my opinion. o: I won't get the second installment of the trilogy until Christmas, but I'll look forward to the new vexing puzzles. XD

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I absolutely love the characters to the game, especially Layton. Whoever voice acted him is gold. His accent is charming and the tone is very calm and relaxing. (not gay D: )

I made the mistake of buying the diabolical box before the curios village however!
    Halfway through the game Luke was like "I remember you" and in my head i'm thinking "Say whaaaat there's more?"
    So I went out and bought the curious village yesterday. :)
    I refuse to finish diabolical box before curious village, even though it doesn't matter.

Also, they're making a Professor Layton movie. o_o
    https://kotaku.com/5166466/first-professor-layton-anime-trailers

Last edited:

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • Wow a movie? well i do like the animation made and in all its sense it is a very innocent game type which is very entertaining. I will be looking forward to seeing that movie.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • The movie is made by the people who made the Pokemon Movies. There will be the last game in this trilogy called the Final Time Travel. Then there will be a new trilogy based (3 years?) before Curious Village, starting with Devils Flute.

Anyway, on Curious Village is there anyway to replay the cutscenes? I just love them so much!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I'm still playing through the first game. I haven't made any progress at all because so many new DS games are coming out that completely outprioritise these games. >.>;

Back