• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Professor Rowan is a scary person

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Rowan is a seriously creepy guy. He always seems to know exactly where the player is O.o Maybe hes spying on everything the player does....Man would hate to go to the bathroom with that knowledge ><

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
    ... XD AUGH.
    You do remember that he has an assistant the same age as the Player, yes? He could just make some really epic predictions since he communicates with his assisstant, who's also on the road....

Ontop of that, I wouldn't be surprised if the rival excitedly contacts Rowan to tell him all kinds of stuff that's gone on during his adventure. "J-jun, that's quite enough excited babbling. I have work to do."

Colette

I'm dying Gyarados.
    Years
    Yeah come to think of it, Rowan's always turning up wherever I go and he's always got something to say about me. I think he might have the hots for me. D:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Hm. I've never really thought of how creepy the old guy is...

He is kinda strict tho, and he hasn't got a wife as far as I know... I don't really think they intended those things, but... Ewwwwww makes me wonder XP

Anyone noticed what he keeps in his fridge? If I remember correctly, sweets and popsticles. Imagine what he does with that, if he's not eating it all (hint: "want some candy, kids? Come to my lab")... O_o

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    This is indeed weird, no? Well, for some reason, I just want to write a fanfic where this is expanded upon. He tricks Lucas and Dawn and captures them, and Barry is the only one who can save them, and does. Of course, I'd show Barry more often, but any time I'd show the other side, I'd probably make it Nightmare Fuel. Probably wouldn't post it on here, but that's for personal reasons.

Anyway, to get back on topic. This is hilariously creepy. It's so creepy that it makes me laugh. If I were in the game, I probably wouldn't be laughing, but sicking my Level 5 starter on him, but still.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Haha I always thought that it was done intentionally and it was amusing for the makers because little kids have no idea what it's actually on about :L

And Lucas saying the same thing is probably worse, though I don't think he says Ew.

I think it's very funny when you go to Mespirit and it disappears and Rowan just comes out of nowhere. Cornering you in a dark cave.... creepy.
    And then he patronises me because I don't have the Tracker Pokétch app. -.-
    Sorry I was out COMPLETING YOUR POKÉDEX CASUE YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO DO IT and I didn't have TIME to go to silly Jubilife for something I won't even USE XD
    I actually used to go bac and get the apps religiously, this time around I totally forgot XD

Pokestick said:
    Anyone noticed what he keeps in his fridge? If I remember correctly, sweets and popsticles. Imagine what he does with that, if he's not eating it all (hint: "want some candy, kids? Come to my lab")... O_o

Thats reminded me of the old perverted guy in Family Guy now, Thanks :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Oh yes, don't forget how he demands you, Barry/your rival, and Dawn/Lucas to meet him in the Canalave Library. Hmmm... Old man, three kids, quiet setting... What's wrong with this picture?

When my mom told me never to talk to strangers, some guy like Rowan is probably what she had in mind...

Years
    LOL he's always given me the creeps. My 12 yr old sister- who I've JUST gotten into Pokemon, was reading over my shoulder when I restarted Diamond and she was like "...WHAT!?"

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Boy Tuber: I wish Professor Rowan would give me a Pokedex. But that old guy is kinda scary.

Lol...I never played as Lucas, so that thought of Dawn and Rowan never crossed my mind...o.O I always thought of him as just your average strict old man.

Kinda off topic...there's this girl swimmer on route 227 who says: "I wanted to be alone, but chasing away immature boys on the prowl...Well, my Pokemon grew tough with me hardly even trying." >.> <.<

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Ewwwwwwwww, weird thoughts just came into my head.
    Look what you did!!
    Grow up. That's what going on the head for most males, if not all.
    Wish we could give him ours, then get the professor to show us his unused data as a trainer.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Wow I never noticed that before. Now your making my mind wonder wth hes doing hanging out with a teenage girls/guys and has no other aparrent friends but the other professors who also hang out with only young kids, except for apparently Professor Oak.

Back