• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Profound Happiness [PG-13]

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
    Intro
    A young, fourteen year old boy looks upon the graves of his parents in the cemetery. The boy's name is Alex. As Alex reads the dates on the tombstones, he sheds a tear, silently. The tombstones read October 22nd, 2005. That day was his eight birthday. It was also the day Team Rocket took over the Radio Tower.

As Alex's parents were walking into Radio Tower, Team Rocket just finished breaking in succesfully. Startled by Alex's dad's police uniform, a Team Rocket Grunt shot and killed both of Alex's parents with a Thompson sub-machine gun.

When the incident was under control and the Goldenrod City Police Deparment took back the Radio Tower, they saw the horrible tragedy that fell on Alex's parents. He was informed about the death of his parents during Trainer's School.

Having no other relatives, Alex wouldn't have a place to live if it wasn't for the GCPD letting him stay with his dad's best friend in New Bark Town.

It was starting to get late. Alex knew although his dark green shirt blended with his surroundings, his blue beanie and red scarf would stick out like a sore thumb. Before leaving, Alex stroked his long, pointy black hair that came out from under his beanie.

As Alex started walking to New Bark Town, noises of rustling grass and trees could be heard from every direction. Frightened, Alex started walking a little faster when he suddenly trips and falls over something. As he gets up, Alex dusts his jeans and notices a Pokeball at his feet. When Alex picks it up, he notices how dirty it is and dusts it before putting it in his pocket.

When he starts walking again, a loud cry of a pokemon is heard nearby. It's an Onix, and it doesn't sound too happy. Alex begins to run when suddenly out of nowhere an Onix appears in front of Alex. He accidentally slams into it, falling to the ground. The Onix barely notices this and seems to be looking for something. However, when Alex gets up, the Onix gets startled by his red scarf and starts to roar.

Alex takes out the Pokeball from earlier and-hoping it has a water type pokemon-releases the pokemon from its pokeball.

It's a Quilava. Unfortunatly, it seems to be brusied and beaten for some reason. The Quilava lays on the ground, barely conscious.

Alex yells to the Quilava," Hey! Get up!"

The Quilava replies back with a very weak,"Qui...",before closing its eyes.

Before saying anything else, Alex notices the Onix approching the Quilava.

"Gah, Quilava, return to your pokeball!"

The Quilava, for some reason, isn't returning into its Pokeball

"Return!"

He isn't responding, and the Onix is above the Quilava. The Onix swings its head back and before anything else happens, Alex facepalms himself and dives toward the Quilava. The Onix now swings his head foward, but Alex rolls with Quilava in his arms and successfully gets out of harms way.

As he stood up, Alex noticed that he was standing on two shiny objects. Further examination by Alex shows that it's a shield and a sword. Alex puts Quilava behind him and picks up the shield and sword.

Now, the Onix is thrashing around in anger, and Alex thinks to himself," How can I get out of this alive?"

Last edited:

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
    Ch 1

Alex rasied his shield up to protect him and Quilava from all the dirt Onix was making since Onix is using Sand Attack repeatedly.

Alex started to yell at the Onix," Go away! Leave me alone!"

Onix continued to lash out in anger.

"I said GO AWAY!!!"

The Onix simply ignored Alex. Growing impatient, Alex took the sword he had found and waited for the Onix to attack.

"Hey you!" Alex said to the Onix," Take this!"

He flung a small rock at the Onix's head, and sure enough, it got even more mad.

Onix lunged at Alex with its mouth, trying to bite him, but as Onix opened it's mouth, Alex swiftly dodged the attack and slashed its left eye.

The rock monster roared in pain as its eye started pouring out streams of sand. While it was crying in pain, Alex ran to its other eye and slashed it too.

The Onix started to roar even lounder. Alex now quickly picks up Quilava and his shield and starts to run.

After a few minutes, he arrives at New Bark Town. Scared out of his mind, Alex unlocks a door and rushes into Ethan's house. Or should I say his dad's best friend's house?

Ethan, now about in his mid to late twenties, is immediately startled and holds up his gun. Ethan still has his police uniform, hat and all.

Alex freezes at the sight of the gun, then sighs heavily.

"God, Ethan, why do you do that every time..."

While putting his gun down, Ethan interrupts Alex and says," Where did you get that Quilava? And those weapons?"

"I'll explain everything later, but can you help this Quilava?"

Ethan looks at Alex's dirty clothes, then replies,"Sure." before taking Quilava outside.

After five minutes, Alex suspects something is up and goes outside to look for Ethan.

Alex look's into Professer Elm's lab and sees Ethan through the glass. He quickly enters the lab to see Ethan talking with Prof. Elm.

Professor Elm notices Alex and says to him," Why, you must be the young lad named-"

Alex rudely interrupts and says," Sir, shut up for a minute. When is Quilava?"

Surprised, Prof. Elm backs away from Alex, then tells him," Your Quilava is in that machine over there, but I have something more important to say to you, Alex."

" Don't you DARE say that you have something better to say. Before you going to try to BS me into some Pokedex assignment that involves me going around Johto and find all the Pokemon for FREE, I need to tell YOU something. I saved that Quilava from a freakin Onix that tried to KILL us, and he slash she problably doesn't have a family, and I want HIM SLASH HER BACK! And about that Pokdex think I'm saying no, and I don't care how patient you are, I'm still saying NO. Just give me Quilava and I'll be on my way."

Baffled, Prof. Elm can't seem to respond to that.

Last edited:

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
    Ethan, in a very angry tone, says to Alex,"Alex! You should be ashamed about the way you spoke to this very respected Pokemon Professor!"

Alex suddenly replies in a quiet, calm voice," I'm sorry, I've just been through alot lately and I need to know where that Quilava is. He/She probably has a family who is looking for him/her. Where is he/she?"

Ethan, somewhat satisfied of Alex's current tone, turns to Professor Elm,"Hey, where is that Quilava?"

"I told you idiots that It's in that machine over there."Professor Elm says, while pointing towards a machine with Quilava surrounded in a dark, blue liquid.

It's more like a giant,fancy tank than a machine. Quilava, who seems to be unconscious, has a breathing mask on.

"Whoa!", Alex exclaims while pressing his face against the tank's glass," What is that blue stuff Quilava is floating in?"

Professor Elm replies,"That, Alex, is a special liquid that speeds up the healing process."

" Why don't you use a Full Restore or a Revive or something?"

"Because at this point, those items would do more harm than good. It may scramble Quilava's DNA. Well, look at the time, I do belive it's time for you to sleep, right?"

Alex checked his Pokegear, and said," Wow, I didn't realize it was 11 pm. I better go to sleep."

Ethan said to Alex," Ok then, here are the keys to the house, go to bed. I have to talk with Elm before I go."

"Ok Ethan, goodnight!"

Alex rushes out of the Pokemon lab and into Ethan's house.

Prof. Elm asks Ethan," Ethan, has Alex had any pokemon yet?"

"No, he hasn't. Why do you ask?"

"I'm just surprized on how much he cares about this Quilava he found somewhere. He seems to be attached to it."

Ethan responds sarcastically," Really?"

"Yes, really. I plan on giving Quilava to Alex when it's fully healed. "

"When will Quilava be fully healed?"

"Mabye tomorrow morning. I think it's time for you to leave Ethan, I really wanna get some rest. You should go tell Alex that he will have a new friend soon."

"I will Professor, goodnight."

"Goodnight Ethan, it was nice seeing you again after all these years..."

Ethan exits the lab and goes to his house to sleep.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
    Years
    I noticed a few typos here and there but nothing too wrong to be noteworthy, next time spell check,or proof-read it though,okay?
    And although this isn't necessarily wrong, I noticed that most of the verb tenses are present or present continuous, and that gives the impression that the story is happening now. Most narratives use the past tense, but this isn't wrong, just something I felt like noting. I also noted that some verbal tenses don't connect; "... said one last "Qui ..." before closes its eyes" for example,that doesn't make sense, I understood what you meant,but that doesn't make sense. ...

So basically, check your spelling and verbal use.
    Bt still good narrative and story :)
    Hope I helped

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    This is nice! Improve more! Hope to read your next story.

Back