• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Ash

Lonely
Years
  • Its not about catch the pokemon people. I said way before this game don't have to catch all.Why did you think it would be about catching pokemon????????????????????

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • ROTFL, I'm probably like one of the small ammount of people that got that... anyways, ye... if you don't have to catch them all then I really don't see the point of it, 1000 pokemon is too much work but I would like to have fun seeing you try because so far I heard you talk about doing a lot of stuff but I don't see anything, what about some pictures?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    People don't play pokemon to 'look at them' -they play to catch them and follow the story.
    Noone out there will make you 1000 new pokemon anyway, and it's way too many -even 400 is a lot. Plus you'd need to program in all 1000 into your game.

What's the point of having a thread for your game if you're "hiding" the screenshots? It just sounds as though you don't have any to me.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • I think the same, looking at your maps that thing about being hidden or being a secret seems just like an excuse to not show what you are "apparently" doing...

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    If i remember correctly, you can only have 999 heros. So, how would you do 1436? Me, i'm making my own database for them, but i'm only doing up to g/s/c

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    No you can't. 999 is your limit. From what data i have seen about this project, there is no way he would make his own database.

COR_Carlos

PokeHolic
    Years
  • I don't mean to flame or anything...but I've read the posts here, and I think you're getting too ambicuous. Don't go for overkill, remember...when radio stations play one song too many times, it kills the song...instead its the songs played a couple of times that are worth waiting for.

I think what you should do is aim a bit (or ALOT) lower. See, and prove to everone (and most importantly) yourself, that you can take on such a high goal. Even try making a game with the original 150 Pokemon, which is still quite alot if you think about it (to do by oneself anyways). Another tip, leave the graphics and the pretty for last.

Take my TCG PokeDex for example, what you see is only 3 days worth of actual programming, and EVERY Base Set PokeMon is there, with attacks and such coded in (I kick myself in the face for not using a Database though). What I did was take one week to plan how I was going to code everything, with the finest detail. Then when I started to actually code...everything came second nature, because I had everything planned out. I leaving the Eye Candy for later, for now what you see is a plain PokeDex with monotome like colors. Pretty Plain, but now that I have the engine in, I can just easily swap graphics around and make it look 100x better with no coding.

Take my advice, I've attempted dozens of massive projects like you, and have failed. But when I take it smaller, I always succeed (unless your talking about my Retro Remakes, then thats something different).

And one last thing...I admire your perseverance!!!!! You've been flamed to high heaven, and you still continue your efforts. It shows that your determined to do this...so really, take the advice and go make a fun game!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • why the hell are u hiding them?

or is it that you havent done any new maps

because the less screenies the less we get info of how much you have done!

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • Dark Ash said:
    Its not about catch the pokemon people. I said way before this game don't have to catch all.Why did you think it would be about catching pokemon????????????????????

If it's not about catching alot of Pokemon and just seeing them then why the hell would anyone want to play the game. and if so are you just making them appear in trainer Battles, which in my case would be dumb.

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • yeah exactually what southen islands said!

Having pokemon whithout a way to catch them is bad
    I would just either dont make the other pokemon at all but all old pokemon catchable

or make all new and old pokemon catchable!

unless your keeping them unobtainable because your going to make them obtainable in some other version

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • tdata said:
    If i remember correctly, you can only have 999 heros. So, how would you do 1436? Me, i'm making my own database for them, but i'm only doing up to g/s/c
    well, you can add more
    find line 20 in Game_Actors
    Code:
    actor_id > 999 or $data_actors[actor_id] == nil
    999 seems to be the max limit here.
    just make it like this:
    Code:
    actor_id > 9999 or $data_actors[actor_id] == nil
    but what's the point of getting so much actors?

anyway, in the database, the max of the actor array is 999.
    so you need to create a method to clone the data actors
    like:
    Code:
    def add_data_actor(actor_id)
      actor = $game_party.actors.size + 1
      $game_party.add_actor(actor)
      $game_party.actors[actor] = $data_actors[actor_id]
      $game_party.refresh
    end
    this is only sample code, so im not sure if it works

Last edited:

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • I doubt he wants it, I tried showing him how he could improve his maps by giving him tutorials for pokemon mapping and right after he said "you're not helping" so I gave up x_X

Dark Ash

Lonely
    Years
  • You don't get anything yeah only seeing them in trainer battle would be stupid. Those 1000 pokemon are from way in the past the only way to catch them is in the past scene. If you thing this is stupid well you guy are way boring with games. but not the staff member.:rambo:

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    You have 1000 pokemon from the past that you can catch? That doesn't make sense really, and you shouldn't have 1400+ pokemon in a game -it's too much to handle, and like what's been said you'd need to create your own database.
    You really can't take criticism at all -everyone's trying to help you by saying not to get too ambitious by having a feature that people won't care about. Game players would prefer to play a good game with a strong story line and nice features, than a game which is very repetitive by having to fill a Pokedex over 1400 in length. These criticisms aren't people with a "boring" view, they're practical and are telling you what people really want.

To be honest I've given up with this game -you seem to change your mind about what is in your game so frequently and spontaneously, you refuse to take advice from the people kind enough to try and help you, and now you refuse to post screenshots which says to me that you're really not making progress at all.

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • yeah I like catching all pokemon ant trying to fill p the pokedex but no-one would even try catching all 1400+ pokemon :dead:

you havent shown much new screenies!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back