• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poketto-Monsuta

Pika Pii
Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I've returned!(not really)
    Ok so I tried making one of my own fakemon into gen 4/5. This any good?

Comparison
    pokenewx.png

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Looks great, except his legs are a bit Meh... It needs to be evened out.

And we could use scarf's other sprite (the yellow one) for a shiny. It just needs highlights.

Last edited:

Akula

Capitalist Shark
    Years
  • 2mqtisi.jpg

Name : Etheroka
    Type : Fire/Ghost
    Details : Lives only in the dark, while light burns it, because of this, the pokemon is very rare. Research has shown that it may inhabit deep in the Earth's crust. (In Sunny Day, it burns it, in darkness it regains health)
    This good? It's my first ever sprite.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    This project's looking for original sprites, not fusions, sorry.

(although that's not half bad for a first-time thing)

Slow'Fro

Creator of the Slow'Fro Sprite
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2012
    An idea:

Name: Kumpfee
    Type:Normal
    Info: A mattress pokemon - Basically a mattress stood up on small feet, with stubby hands and a cute Jigglypuff style face - could be an evolution of a pillow pokemon

Mainly learns moves surrounding sleep (For example: Hypnosis and Dream Eater)

Inception

i'm dying squirtle
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    So, im not sure if this is allowed, but I saw a pokemon concept 'drawing' rather than I sprite so I'm guessing it is allowed. xD (im not really much of a spriter so drawings are all I can offer. ; v ; )

I just wanted to contribute some more conceptional ideas for the bird pokemon 'fleegle' and 'koren'.

Name: Kouren
    Class: Valiant Pokemon
    Type: Normal/Flying
    PokeDex: Kouren righteously stands up for its beliefs, even going up
    against predators like Dripocel and Cheecub to protect defenseless Pokemon.

Description: A courageous brown bird with long blue-tipped tail feathers and long pink-tipped head feathers. (evolution of Fleegle)
    Concept/Sprite: Chesu/

Name: Fleegle
    Class: Timid Pokemon
    Type: Normal/Flying
    PokeDex: Fresh from the nest, Fleegle lacks confidence,
    and will immediately run away from anything it views as a threat.

Description: A small, cowardly, pale blue bird with angular features and pink markings.
    Concept/Sprite: Chesu/

ughh not allowed to post links yet.

[[http]]://i53.[[tinypic]].com/wa2by9.png

take out [[ ]]'s

I tried to follow the descriptions as best as possible. ; ^ ;
    also sorry that its sketchy, my hand and forearm started cramping. Orz (im drawing on my bed FYI xD)

I was thinking maybe finding a Kouren tail feather is considered 'good luck' or something along those lines. > w >

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Perhaps, if accepted, you may consider Humsaw for the community dex?

35k8i8w.png

Humsaw
    Hummingbird Pokemon
    Flying/Steel

I noticed that the hummingbird pokemon is flying/grass but I think this fits the description pretty good ^^

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • Yo long time no see!
    I've been away for a while, but I'm back after being whopped around by work.

Anyways I thought I'd do the Dripard evo as Scarf already did Dripocel (btw awesome sprite Scarf and great coloring nimble!).

I started it, it's still WIP so if anyone wants to, feel free to make improvements.
    Here're the issues:
    Feet, I can't think of anything original currently...
    Cannons - I suck at spriting tubes as you can see.
    Shading, kinda bland as this was a quickie.

Anyways here ya go:
    picture.php

Dripard

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • I would recommend shortening the length of the muzzle. It looks more like a canine than a feline with the way it is now. And I think the cannons could do with a little more roundness.

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    spriteu.png

Well, not bad for my first ever pixel work. :D

Anyways, made this to be Tiamoor... although I'm not sure if it suits the description now that I look at it, or if it even looks like it would evolve from wimpike.
    If it doesn't suite what the creator of Tiamoor was looking for I'd be fine with maybe giving it my own name and description.

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    That tiamoor sprite- That's an AMAZING sprite, though it's not very pokemon style. It's very neoriceisgood style. You should soften the shading, vary the outline,and make it less- overshaded. That's what it is. Overshaded.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
  • @Shattered_Soul
    Not bad for your first pixel work???
    It's down right awesome for your first pixel work! Seriously! xD

You could clean up some lines to make them smoother cause some parts look blocky particularly top parts of petals and the left (ur left) limb/fin.
    It's too contrasted, not a bad thing but it's not really Pokemon style.

Other than that it looks great! Hell I wouldn't have thought this is ur first pixel work without u telling me. xD

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    spriteoi.png
    spriteiq.png

Thanks Nimblethumbs and tnguye3... I honestly didn't think it was that good. XD
    Anyways, I softened up the contrast and the shading, as well as the outline on the second one. I don't know, I think that I need the outline to be inbetween these two, as well as the colour needs to vary abit more.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Shattered_Soul, your Tiamoor looks great! :D

As does tnguye's Dripard!

...and Inception's Fleegle and Kouren concepts are fantastic! Needless to say, they're much better than my MS Paint doodles circa 2001.

Blaziquaza, could you try a version with triangular fins on its mantle? It looks more like a polyp than a squid at the moment.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    When I saw Alistair's Panzap, I came up with some ideas of my own. It is mainly a wide spread of Elemental Monkeys, so if you really, really, really HATE this idea, you don't have to make it.

Name: Pantoxin
    Etymology: Pan____ + Toxic/Toxin
    Species: Monkey
    Class: Toxic Monkey Pokemon
    Type/s: Poison
    Pokédex Entry:Pantoxin swings on telephone pole wires, leaving a trail of slimy, purple ooze that could make Pokemon, as well as humans, sick. Pantoxin leaves near Power Plants and Factories, where most pollution takes place.
    Ability/ies: Poison Touch/Acid Rain (When Health is lower than 1/3, Poison moves are increased 1.5 times)
    Description: All you need is Purple. Basically, It is a monkey that is poisonous. Pretty easy, right?

Name: Pansight
    Etymology: Pan____ + Future Sight
    Class: Fortune-Telling Monkey Pokemon
    Type/s: Psychic
    Pokédex Entry: Pansights and Fortune-Tellers own buildings in big citys, telling people their fate or giving them a charm. Pansights are also a Pokemon Contest and musical spotlight!
    Ability/ies: Magic Guard/Bright Future (When Health is lower than 1/3, Psychic moves are increased 1.5 times)
    Description: You will need a fortune teller turban and hoop earrings to make this pokemon dazzle! The Pokemon will be pink and if you are making these off the parts of another pokemon, I would use Panpour.

Name: Pansky
    Etymology: Pan____ + Sky
    Class: High-Flying Monkey Pokemon
    Type/s: Flying
    Pokédex Entry:
    Ability/ies: Keen Eye/Blast Off! (When Health is lower than 1/3, Flying moves are increased 1.5 times)
    Description: Pansky needs a set a wings and a halo to be ready to fly! You dont need the halo, but it might add a nice, tiny touch. :) It should have a little of the color white on it's skin, but its ok if you dont.

more ideas coming soon! Thank you and I hope you like my ideas!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back