• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Oh. That sucks. But it does make the game extremely challenging. And, why do you keep logging off?

=======================================================
    Gold1222: The quality of your submissions gets better and better; you make great storylines now and your submissions have become increasingly competitively viable. I'm sure you'll pull out a win before the end of the project.

Rental Pokemon: You don't have a single OU Pokemon in either round. At this point it isn't too much of a problem; the Frontier Brain doesn't exceed the players level by too much but I would still recommend some changes. Jolteon > Pachirisu, Bronzong > Bastiodon, Roserade > Bellossom, Snorlax > Delcatty, Weezing > Muk. The rest can stay as they are but these changes should be made. The only other issue with the Rentals is that there aren't any leads. By changing Bastiodon and Bellossom to Bronzong and Roserade respectively, you solve this problem because both are leads for different styles of play.

Round 1: The following formatting colors should be fixed: Forretress, Altaria, Dodrio, Farfetch'd. The are unreadable, and everyone should be looking at your submission =]. The trainers in this round are fine, so most of my comments reside with the Frontier Brain. Flygon is fine as a lead, but I would recommend changing it to Smogon's Choice Scarf set if it leads (it U-Turns to Scout the opponents first move and pokemon and switches to an appropriate counter). I'm iffy on keeping Pachirisu and Sharpedo, and I would like one of them to be replaced. Whichever one you like less you should replace with a more competitively viable choice.

Special Encounter: I actually really like this idea. It's not heavy drama or anything, which works for it; it is just a battle among friends. I think this encounter is where you really showed your potential; it is completely competitively viable, and at the same time you still used pokemon that the characters use or would use. Good job! I like the way you incorporated the Sinnoh Legendaries into the storyline like that; thumbs up from me!

Round 2: Again, I have no beef with any of the trainers, so let's move on to the Frontier Brain. I would actually prefer that you use the team you use for the double battle here as well, just with the lower levels. That team is much more competitively viable than is this one. If you opt against that, I would recommend bumping Swampert to lead position with a Lead Set, and changing Pidgeot to a Choice Band Staraptor. Probopass can stay as he is if you would prefer it that way.

I might do some changes and I'll change the rentals. I'm glad you like the Special Encounter. The team for Round 2 will be changed, too.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I think I made all of the changes I needed to. I didn't change Round 1 Machamp, so that Round 2 could be a little more different then Round 1.

Also, you haven't seen anything yet. What I have planned, especially for the Battle Chateau will be better then what you just saw.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Gold1222: Thanks for making the changes. I'm opening the round tomorrow? Can you hold out until then? If not, just check out the Rival OP; you can get most of the information there.

Zeta: I'm glad to hear that there's more to come. But you have me and ooOppositeDay to contend with that round, not to mention everyone else will be pulling out the stops for the last event. I'm looking forward to it.

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
    JeTz: Welcome to the project! You certainly put your foot in the door with this submission, and I want to help you make the best submission you can, so I'll give you in depth critique.

Rental Pokemon: First things first, I have a little formatting nitpick here; can you change the colors of Vaporeon, Kingdra, and Flygon to be less bright and painful on the eyes? I know there are only so many colors but it makes it easier to see. I would recommend a different Vaporeon set than that one; outside of Choice Specs, her sweepability isn't great. One of my own sets might be useful in that regard: Offensive WishPass Vaporeon. It allows her to dish damage while functioning as a Support pokemon. 108 HP/248 Def/136 SpA/16 Spe Modest: Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/HP: Electric/Wish is the set. Round 2, the pokemon are still level 100 for reasons I have outlined in the past. Other than that I like your Pokemon; you have a few choices for leads, and the teams can go in several directions.

Round 1: The following pokemon in Round 1 have colors that hurt my eyes: Masquerain, Venusaur, & Nidoqueen, please fix their colors. You take the opposite approach from Zeta; all the other trainers are in their elements, which is another interesting way to go. I like it as well =]. I like the Brain's strategy of all out offense, and the pokemon wear down eachother's counters effectively so that sweeps can be accomplished. Good Round 1 =].

Double Battle: Could you give the two PokeManiacs good pokemon? They are battling with the disadvantage of 5 levels. Muk, Mr.Mime, Girafariig, Crawdaunt, and Exploud aren't competitively viable choices as there are much better pokemon of every type that are OU. Chansey should be replaced by Blissey, as Blissey outclasses Chansey in every way.

Round 2: The trainers are all good, but maybe you could give them stronger pokemon? Here are some of my recommendations: Infernape > Ninetales, Swellow > Dodrio, Breloom > Shiftry, Mamoswine > Delibird, Bronzong > Bastiodon. Regarding the Frontier Brain, I'm going to make the same suggestion I made to Zeta; change one pokemon in your Round 2 Battle. I'd recommend changing Scizor to something else; he has redundant typing and weaknesses with the rest of your team and contributes the least. Your Mew encounter is interesting; I had something planned for him for my Battle Frontier submission, but if yours wins, I'll just have to change mine up =]!

Changed the thing I need to change ! :D From now on I wont be using light colour anymore since it hurt most people's eye including me :P. Alright I've forgotten this game is for a hard challenge so I keep picking NU for the opponent :O Changed the team with your idea and change Brain's 1st Pokemon. Appreciate your comment much. In other word, Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I'd like to participate in the Battle Tower, Stadium, Palace and Chateau, but there's a problem. I can make competitively viable teams/strategies/movesets, but I can't make a good storyline. Does anyone want to co-operate with me for these rounds?

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    I'd like to participate in the Battle Tower, Stadium, Palace and Chateau, but there's a problem. I can make competitively viable teams/strategies/movesets, but I can't make a good storyline. Does anyone want to co-operate with me for these rounds?

I could help a little with the stadium. But, for the tower and Chateau, I'm doing my own.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014

Firewolf, I would recommend getting in contact with another contributor to this project, Raekuul. His strength is storyline, not competitive viability. Maybe you guys would work together well.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Someone called my name?

Fire Wolf, I'd be glad to help you. Just send me a PM if you're interested. If you want an example of my storyline stuff, I made Anorith Leader Hibino Hikaru (who technically tied for second in the Criminal Rival round) and Foreign Trainer Himeko (who did not make it into the top 3 for the Free Rival round)

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Posting results after I get back from a Super Bowl party. I'm gonna assume that Skippy isn't gonna get his submission in.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Yea, sorry guys, I just had quite a bit this weekend. Lab reports, Super Bowl, water polo games... so yeah. However, this week should be a little more lax because it is the week before winter break, and I can spend as much time as I usually did on this project beginning on the 16th, since I have plenty of stuff over the weekend.

Tl;dr, sorry I can't make it this round.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Just getting around to closing this round now, which means today counts towards next round. I'm going to give you 6 days to do the Battle Frontier Stations, because it seemed like everyone needed and used that extra day effectively. Anyways let's move on to the results and the next round!
    ==============================================================
    Poll
    There were 4 great submissions this round, of which three were completed, and therefore those three are in the poll. Congratulations to:

Zeta Dimentio's Submission + his Rental Pokemon
    JeTz's Submission
    Gold1222's Submission

You all did a great job considering that we just entered a whole new playing field. I look forward to the next round.
    Results
    This round was extremely close, only 1 vote separated the winning submission from second place. All the submissions were fantastic, and that was one of my favorite rounds of the project. However, we must have a winner, so congratulations to:

Eos Aduro & Skip Shot

You guys are a winning combination, and your rival will be an interesting addition to the hack. Congrats on breaking Zeta's mini streak =]
    Current Round
    The current round is Round 18: Battle Tower. The following are the requirements.

Levels & Amount of Trainers

• Round 1: 5 Trainers [LvL 95]...... ..| Frontier Brain: [LvL 105]

• Round 2: 2 Trainers [Level 100].. .| Frontier Brain: [LvL 115]
    Remember, the Frontier Brain and Frontier Trainers can have a "star" pokemon which exceeds the max level by 5.

Battle Style

• Battle Frontier Trainers: All the trainers have the same style. A 3v3 Battle with no legendary pokemon allowed.
    • Battle Tower: This Frontier Brain is a 3v3 Battle.
    Battle Conditions

• Battle Tower: You use your own pokemon and are given the advantage of being healed before each fight.
    I look forward to this round; I expect to see great things out of everyone. Good luck! This round lasts until 2/13/10.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    This is the Battle Tower plot line. I'll be working on the teams and strategies when I have time after school, if I'm not saddled with too much homework.

Battle Tower Tycoon: Eddy Kisago

Round 1:

Spoiler:

(I know, smaller and isn't as good, but this doesn't have the climax of the new story in it. It's only beginning. Culminating in a four floor dungeon. A maze of sorts, and that's not counting the in-between floors where you fight the Neo-Supremacies, and a boss battle more balanced then X. The next round will be pretty good in terms of story.)

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I have some time tonight to get the Battle Tower started, so I'll go ahead and write the majority of the storyline tonight.

DISCLAIMER: Several characters used here have appeared in other games.

The Battle Tower

Tower Tycoon Luke

Before entering the Battle Tower: The player is about to enter the Battle Tower when some salsa music begins to play. A wayward man with a gigantic, Pokeball-colored afro then dances right into the player.

Man: Oh!! I'm sorry! Please forgive me! I just can't stop myself sometimes when I am dancing. Oh, wait! You're the one that beat Storm and some members of the Supremacy? You're all over the news worldwide, (name)! It's an honor to meet you! Well, I wish you luck in your travels!

The man then walks into the Battle Tower. The player can then enter and register as normal.

Announcer: Welcome all, to the Battle Tower! Today, we will be having a grand tournament with 128 people participating! The winner of this entire tournament will then have a chance to face our very own Tower Tycoon Luke!! The rules are simple: 3-on-3 with unlimited substitutions, and no legendary Pokemon. Unlike most Battle Tower tournaments, however, I am honored today to inform you that some of the most prominent battlers from regions other than our own have come to reach the Tower Tycoon! We have ex-champions, Mt. Battle leaders, ex-criminal bosses, and even the entire battling elite from Poketopia! This will definitely be a tournament not to miss!

Announcer: And now, we will officially begin the tournament!! Leading off this tournament will be the infamous Vander from Orre's Mount Battle! He will be going up against our very own league champion and a trainer who crushed Team Enel underfoot, (user name)!

Vander: Wow, you beat an entire criminal team? I'm most impressed. Tell you what, talk to me after this match... but only if you win!

Round 1: vs. Vander

Defeat Dialogue: Your skill definitely surpasses that of Michael...

Announcer: And that's that! The first battle has been won by (user name!) Let's continue on with former Cipher Admin Eldes and Kanto's infamous ex-champion Blue!

Vander (walking up to player): You really are a skilled trainer to be able to beat me. The only other trainer I've seen with your might is Michael, from Orre. He defeated the entire Cipher criminal organization almost single-handedly. He recently handed me his Snag Machine, since there was no more use in it for him in Orre. However, rumor has it that a criminal organization near here has started distributing Shadow Pokemon, which is the real reason why I came. Since you are so powerful, would you like to help me round up any Shadow Pokemon that are possibly encountered?

(If yes)

Really? Great!! I've talked to the Frontier staff, so they've allowed you to capture any Pokemon that are logged as Shadow Pokemon with the Snag Machine. Here you are! (Player obtained the Snag Machine!) The Snag Machine can convert any PokeBall into a Snag Ball, which can be used to snag Pokemon from other Trainers. However, this Snag Machine has been programmed to only Snag Shadow Pokemon. Speaking of that, you'll also need these to keep track of your Shadow Pokemon that you may encounter. (Player obtained the Aura Reader! Player obtained the Shadow Monitor!). The Aura Reader allows you to detect the dark auras of Shadow Pokemon, and the Shadow Monitor will record any Shadow Pokemon that you encounter, and keeps track of its status to opening its heart. Well, I best be going now. Best of luck to you, (user)! (Vander walks off)

(If no)

Are you sure about that? You may want to reconsider. (Brought back to the yes/no options screen)

Announcer: We have now come to the conclusion of the first set of battles! Only 64 trainers remain! To kick off this second set, League Champion (player) will be facing off against the mysterious Miror B!!

Miror B: Ohoho! You are the person I danced into earlier today! What a coincidence! No worry, however, since I should easily defeat you with this Pokemon I found in the wild!

Announcer: Alright, let the battle begin!

vs. Wanderer Miror B

(Miror B's third Pokemon is a level 95 Shadow Floatzel!! Its moves are Shadow Break, Shadow Panic, Shadow Storm, and Shadow Strength(see new moves appendix) )

Defeat Dialogue: Ohohoho! What have we here?

Announcer: This round goes to the League Champion, (player)!

Miror B: Hmm... you knew that I had a Shadow Pokemon somehow... this is not good at all, ohohoho! (Waltzes off)

Announcer: Alright... well, let's continue on with the second set of battles!!

(Player follows Miror B. outside, but keeps a good distance)

Miror B: Hmm... where's my Pokegear? Oh! It's in my afro! Clumsy me... Hello? Yes, Ardos? The new champion is on to our plan! You must inform the...

(turns around, ! sign appears overhead)

Miror B: Gotta go, Ardos, we'll discuss this later. (Walks up to player) You, my friend, know a bit too much for your own good! That wasn't my real team in there, but we'll battle now with my best team to ensure that you don't latch on to our plan! Let the music play!

vs. Mystery Admin Miror B.

(Miror B has two new Shadow Pokemon: a Ludicolo and a Kingdra!!)

Defeat Dialogue: Oh, rats! This won't do at all!!

Miror B: I've gotta get out of here before I get captured! (Runs off)

New Moves

Shadow Strength
    Type: Shadow (???)
    Base Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    PP: (Shadow moves contain no/infinite PP)
    Description: The user summons strength from the darkness in its heart to regain part of its health.
    What it Does: Restore's the user's HP by 25%.

Shadow Pokemon List:

Floatzel
    Trait: Swift Swim
    Level: 95+

Shadow Moves:
    Shadow Break, Shadow Panic, Shadow Strength, Shadow Storm

Moves after Purification:
    Aqua Tail, Baton Pass, Crunch, Surf

Ludicolo
    Level: 97+

Shadow Moves:
    Shadow Sky, Shadow Storm, Shadow Rave, Shadow Hold

Rain Dance, Surf, Energy Ball, Leech Seed

Kingdra
    Level: 98+

Shadow Moves:
    Shadow Break, Shadow Sky, Shadow Down, Shadow End

Rain Dance, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Outrage

To be continued...

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    I don't know if I'm doing the Battle Tower...

Scratch that. I'll try to get mine in.

Saving Post for Battle Tower

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Are we allowed to use the submitted characters? Not to fight, but as speaking parts? I need to know for the story for the last round, because part of it revolves around using other characters. I can easily change it, if we're not, though. I doubt it, but I need to check.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I updated my post, introducing more of the storyline. I believe that the addition of Shadow Pokemon makes this all the more of a challenge for the player, and adds a nice new twist to the storyline as well.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
    Sorry, Maci, but I'm going to have to back out of Round 2, for now. I'm using this time to work on Rounds 3 and 5, and I want these two to be the best I can do.

Back