• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
Years
  • Map of Room: Sorry but i cant upload the picture becuase my computer wont allow it(stupid piece of junk) but its basicly a pitch black room with a path in it and you have to find your way throught the path to the leader

The Azure Frontier [R1] *
    Elite 4 (1)
    Dark Type

Puzzle: Your are in a room, no lights only darkness, Flash doesnt work in this room. You task is to find the way out to vs Joe

Elite Four: Joe

Opening Speech: I see you made it though my maze of darkness, impressive, but not as impressive as me defeating you, so get ready to lose.

Team:

Mightyena lvl 74 Female @ Intimidate Blackglasses
    Dark Pulse
    Yawn
    Sucker Punch
    Thief

Cacturne lvl 75 Male Sand Veil @ Blackglasses
    Dark Pulse
    Mega Drain
    Grasswhistle
    Sucker Punch

Weavile lvl 75 Male Pressure @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Icy Wind
    Faint Attack
    Fling

Honchkrow lvl 77 Female Insomnia @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Dark Pulse
    Pursuit
    Nasty Plot

Umbreon lvl 79 Male Synchronize @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Moonlight
    Dark Pulse
    Mean Look

Team Strategy: My team uses the power of sleep to make the opponent tremble with fear. Hypnosis, Grasswhistle or Yawn and Nightmare will KO the opponent in fear. So think carefully before vsing me or you will not stand a chance against me.

Closing Speech: I see your stronger than you look, I like that go ahead and challenge the next room.

Final Words: I got nothing to say but break a leg [Insert Name Here].

The Azure Frontier [R2] *
    Elite 4 (1)
    Dark Type

Opening Speech: I see you want a rematch, ok we will vs again but I am alot stronger since last time so parpare to lose.

Team:

Absol lvl 95 Female Pressure @ Blackglasses
    Dark Pulse
    Night Slash
    Nightmare
    Psyco Cut

Cacturne lvl 95 Male Sand Veil @ Blackglasses
    Dark Pulse
    Grasswhistle
    Giga Drain
    Needle Arm

Weavile lvl 96 Male Pressure @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Dark Pulse
    Metal Claw
    Night Slash

Honchkrow lvl 96 Female Insomnia @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Dark Pulse
    Night Slash
    Swagger

Umbreon lvl 97 Male Synchronize @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Dark Pulse
    Payback
    Moonlight

Darkrai lvl 98 Genderless Bad Dreams @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Hypnosis
    Dark Pule
    Dark Void
    Closing Speech: You won again, well done [Insert Name Here].

Final Words: If I got a dollar for everyone who has beaten me, I would be a millionaire.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Charmageddon + mOOG - mOOG's Steel Gym isn't in the running due to the lack of pictures. If there had been pictures it would have immediately been put into the Poll, but pictures are a requirement and has been stated over and over again, so anything lacking pictures at this point was disqualified. mOOG's gym was great though, and so if he contributes to the E4 (WITH PICTURES) he is sure to make one of the polls!​

I did put pictures. ;_;
    Now I'm sad. Sprites aren't that much of a pain to get, and I put the gym layout up before the entry period ended...

There are sprites now, and if it's an option, I'd enjoy entry, but even if not I promise I won't cut myself. =P. Expect me to make a bid for E4!

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    THE ELITE 4 IS OPEN!!

These rounds are probably the most anticipated of the whole event, and, in my oppinion, they are the most fun. Enjoy these rounds and be as creative as your little hearts desire =).

I have actually changed the level ranges slightly, here they are:

Originally posted by First Post

Elite 4 (1) - 74 - 79 [Round 2 = 92 - 98]
    Elite 4 (2) - 76 - 82 [Round 2 = 94 - 101]
    Elite 4 (3) - 79 - 84 [Round 2 = 96 - 103]
    Elite 4 (4) - 81 - 86 [Round 2 = 99- 105]
    Champion - 86- 93 [Round 2 = 106 - 112] (Yes, with my editor I can break 100 =])

Edit your gyms accordingly. Remember, you can use powerful Ubers in Round 2 (i.e. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina-O, Deoxys, etc.), though avoid the use of them until Round 2. In Round 2 remember 6 pokemon.

I can't wait to see these awesome Elite 4's!

As I have said, I will be gone most of the weekend. If you are an experienced member of this project, please critique everyone in my absence. I will still make the final decision.

Remember, you have 3 days for the first Round!

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I know for sure that they should be rare Pokemon to get. I like your idea of going between offense and defensive styles, but Swinub is quite easy to capture. I think that giving out a Sneasel in place of Swinub would be a good idea, since Sneasel is much harder to find. Each Pokemon should have a special move with them that can't be obtained in any other way by the Pokemon to create more incentive to choose as well (like ExtremeSpeed Dratini in HG/SS and GSC). I'm pretty sure that can be implemented into the hack.

They should probably both be obtained at Level 30, so...

Spheal
    Ice Body
    Level 30

Ice Ball
    Body Slam
    Aurora Beam
    Slack Off /(Hydro Pump)

or...

Sneasel
    Level 30
    Inner Focus

Agility
    Fury Swipes
    Icy Wind
    Fire Punch

What do you think?

I see where you are coming from, but I think that a 120 BP 80% chance to hit doesn't really fit into the set.. However, following up the offense/defence theme, I think Slack Off or a variant of the move could easily fit on any set a defensive (and offensive) player could dream of.
    Fire Punch on Sneasel is HOT! <3

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
    Years
  • Map of Room: Sorry but i cant upload the picture becuase my computer wont allow it(stupid piece of junk) but its basicly a pitch black room with a path in it and you have to find your way throught the path to the leader

The Azure Frontier [R1] *
    Elite 4 (1)
    Dark Type

Puzzle: Your are in a room, no lights only darkness, Flash doesnt work in this room. You task is to find the way out to vs Joe

Opening Speech: I see you made it though my maze of darkness, impressive, but not as impressive as me defeating you, so get ready to lose.

Team:

Mightyena lvl 74 Female @ Intimidate Blackglasses
    Dark Pulse
    Yawn
    Sucker Punch
    Thief

Cacturne lvl 75 Male Sand Veil @ Blackglasses
    Dark Pulse
    Mega Drain
    Grasswhistle
    Sucker Punch

Weavile lvl 75 Male Pressure @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Icy Wind
    Faint Attack
    Fling

Honchkrow lvl 77 Female Insomnia @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Dark Pulse
    Pursuit
    Nasty Plot

Umbreon lvl 79 Male Synchronize @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Moonlight
    Dark Pulse
    Mean Look

Team Strategy: My team uses the power of sleep to make the opponent tremble with fear. Hypnosis, Grasswhistle or Yawn and Nightmare will KO the opponent in fear. So think carefully before vsing me or you will not stand a chance against me.

Closing Speech: I see your stronger than you look, I like that go ahead and challenge the next room.

Final Words: I got nothing to say but break a leg [Insert Name Here].

The Azure Frontier [R2] *
    Elite 4 (1)
    Dark Type

Opening Speech: I see you want a rematch, ok we will vs again but I am alot stronger since last time so parpare to lose.

Team:

Absol lvl 95 Female Pressure @ Blackglasses
    Dark Pulse
    Night Slash
    Nightmare
    Psyco Cut

Cacturne lvl 95 Male Sand Veil @ Blackglasses
    Dark Pulse
    Grasswhistle
    Giga Drain
    Needle Arm

Weavile lvl 96 Male Pressure @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Dark Pulse
    Metal Claw
    Night Slash

Honchkrow lvl 96 Female Insomnia @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Dark Pulse
    Night Slash
    Swagger

Umbreon lvl 97 Male Synchronize @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Dark Pulse
    Payback
    Moonlight

Darkrai lvl 98 Genderless Bad Dreams @ Blackglasses
    Nightmare
    Hypnosis
    Dark Pule
    Dark Void
    Closing Speech: You won again, well done [Insert Name Here].

Final Words: If I got a dollar for everyone who has beaten me, I would be a millionaire.

Dont forget that i create a Elite 4 btw i edited the lvls of the pokemon since Maci12 posted the Elite 4 info

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years

• I see where you are coming from, but I think that a 120 BP 80% chance to hit doesn't really fit into the set.. However, following up the offense/defence theme, I think Slack Off or a variant of the move could easily fit on any set a defensive (and offensive) player could dream of.
    Fire Punch on Sneasel is HOT! <3

Oh yea... forgot about the offesne/defense theme there. Oops.

Slack Off is a good idea, since Walrein doesn't have any reliable recovery outside of rest. We could also try Refresh.

And yes, Fire Punch Sneasel is WIN. :)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Uh, Maci?

Elite 4 (1) - 74 - 79 [Round 2 = 75 - 98]
    75 to 98? Bit of a huge level gap here.
    Elite 4 (2) - 76 - 82 [Round 2 = 87 - 101]
    Same again.
    Elite 4 (3) - 79 - 84 [Round 2 = 9 - 103]
    I'm guessing you don't actually want a level 9 Pokemon in the Elite Four's line-up?
    Elite 4 (4) - 81 - 86 [Round 2 = 96- 105]
    Champion - 86- 93 [Round 2 = 104 - 112] (Yes, with my editor I can break 100 =])

Could you clarify this please?

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Oops, there were some mistakes: 75 is a typo, I forgot to up that level by 12. However, the reason the level gaps are so large Round 2 is that you can make it any level set in between there, you can make it extremely difficult by keeping it on the higher end, or just moderately difficult by staying lower. I have more specific requirements for Round 1 because I need them to hit a certain level for the Champion and Rival battles to make any sense. The level 9 is an obvious typo as well.

I was in a bit of a rush when I wrote that (I had 5 minutes until I had to be at a class, and it was a 3ish minute walk.) so I didn't check over it. I'll update the range =).

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Only the Elite 4 got the level boost =) I'm hoping to see some Elite 4s today, though I don't want to rush anyone. Today is the only day for this round that I'll be able to comment on Elite 4s, so get them out there!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • This is my Elite 4 submission, Round 1.

The Azure Frontier [R1]
    Elite 4 (1)
    Type: Water

Puzzle

Spoiler:

Map:
    Spoiler:

Elite Four David: Round 1
    Spoiler:

Elite Four David: Round 2

Spoiler:

Appendix:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Alright... time for my Elite 4 submission!

The Azure Frontier: Round 1
    Elite 4 Member #1: Elite Four Meagan
    Grass Type

Puzzle Description: The player has to walk through a grass field to reach Meagan. However, in the grass field are unseen vines that can trip you and forcing you backwards a few steps. These vines do not reset, which means you to navigate around the vines to reach Meagan. At some points, a Gloom may occasionally pop out from a patch of grass and attack you with Sleep Powder. The Gloom cannot be battled, and will only appear once at each specified patch. This will put the first Pokemon in your party to sleep.

Puzzle Map: Attached to this post is the map of the puzzle. (Coming Soon!)

Meagan's Appearance: Meagan is a young woman, about twenty years old. She has long brown hair, and wears a pure green shirt and a bright red skirt that goes down to her ankles. She does not wear any shoes. She has a red rose and a blue rose pinned in her hair.

Elite Four Meagan

Opening Speech: Hello there, Trainer! You have come quite a long way to reach the Azure Frontier. I am Meagan, and I grew up around the grassy meadows where wild Grass-type Pokemon loved to play. The Pokemon in the meadow helped me to create my own style in battle with these Pokemon- surprise the opponent, immobilize them, and then blast them into oblivion! You will have a difficult time getting by me!

Pokemon:

(Natures and EVs will be in parentheses because I am not sure if you can implement them into the game or not.)

Roserade @ Focus Sash
    Level 74- Natural Cure
    (Timid Nature- 252 Spe/ 252 Spa/ 6 HP)

Sleep Powder
    Sunny Day
    Leaf Storm
    Hidden Power Fire (if you can create that)/Weather Ball

Vileplume @ Heat Rock

Level 76- Chlorophyll
    (Modest Nature- 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP)

Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Sleep Powder
    Sludge Bomb

Shiftry @ Choice Specs
    Chlorophyll- Level 77
    (Timid Nature- 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP)

Leaf Storm
    Dark Pulse
    Extrasensory

Solarbeam

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
    Chlorophyll- Level 78
    (Adamant Nature- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP)

Swords Dance
    Power Whip
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide

Sceptile @ Expert Belt
    Overgrow- Level 79
    (Rash Nature- 252 Atk/ 80 Spa/ 176 Spe)

Leaf Storm
    Earthquake
    Focus Blast
    Leaf Blade

Team Strategy: What Meagan prefers to do is have Roserade put the first Pokemon to sleep with Sleep Powder, then set up Sunny Day. Vileplume can also set up Sunny Day and Sleep Pokemon if Roserade goes down. When Sunny Day is up, Meagan sends in Shiftry and Tangrowth to wipe out the opposition with the powerful attacks from opposite sides of the attacking spectrum. Sceptile is the cleanup sweeper, only coming in if the entire team or Sunny Day is down. Sceptile then runs through teams with a powerful mixed sweeping set, which is nearly unstoppable when coupled with his 120 Base Speed.

Defeat Dialogue: My powerful strategy and battling style took a heavy loss at the sight of your team! I commend you for your amazing battling prowess!!

Closing Speech: You definitely worked very hard to make it this far. I can see that in the way that you and your Pokemon battle. I am honored to have had the honor to battle such a great Trainer. Please, go on to the next room and continue on your quest to conquer the Azure Frontier.

The Azure Frontier
    Round 2
    Elite 4 #1: Elite Four Meagan (Grass Type)

Opening Speech: Hello there... Hey, it's (name!) It's been quite a while since you and I have battled! After my defeat, I spent some time meditating in the lush meadows that I grew up in, and I developed a new tactic to battling. I have employed this style very successfully against challengers, and wish to test it against you. Let's see if you can get by me this time!

Pokemon:

Roserade @ Focus Sash
    (Timid Nature- 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP)
    Natural Cure- Level 91

Sleep Powder
    Leaf Storm
    Sludge Bomb
    Hidden Power Ground (If implementable)/Extrasensory

Venusaur @ Life Orb
    Overgrow- Level 93
    (Jolly Nature- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP)

Swords Dance
    Sleep Powder
    Power Whip
    Earthquake

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Poison Heal- Level 94
    (Adamant Nature- 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 Def)

Spore
    Seed Bomb
    Focus Punch
    Stone Edge

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Swift Swim- Level 94
    (Lonely Nature- 132 Atk/ 200 Spa/ 168 Spe)

Surf
    Seed Bomb
    Ice Beam
    Fire Punch

Shaymin-S @ Life Orb
    Serene Grace- Level 96
    (Timid Nature- 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD)

Seed Flare
    Earth Power
    Air Slash
    Psychic

Sceptile @ Life Orb
    Overgrow- Level 98
    (Rash Nature- 252 Atk/ 80 Spa/ 176 Spe)

Leaf Storm
    Earthquake
    Leaf Blade
    Focus Blast

Strategy: This team focuses on sleeping the opponent then sweeping. Breloom, Roserade, and Venusaur can all set the opponent to sleep. Any member on the team can then either come in, set up, and sweep the opponent's team. There is a pretty even balance of physical and special moves on the team to provide coverage against any threat. This round, Meagan has a huge emphasis on outspeeding the opponent or rendering them immobile. This is why either Sleep Powder or a high Base Speed is on all of the Pokemon on the team with the exception of Ludicolo. Ludicolo serves as an answer to Rain Dance teams that may try to set up to counter the Sunny Day styles of Round 1. Ludicolo then powers up with Swift Swim and barrels through the opponent.

Defeat Dialogue: Even the overaggressive traits of some Grass-types were not enough to turn the tide against you! Well done!

Closing Speech: You honestly are probably the best battler I have ever faced. It's no shock to me that you've defeated the Azure Frontier before. Go on and conquer it once more!

The Map of the Puzzle is now attached!!!!

This is a door.
    This is a vine that will push the user back one space if the user collides into it.
    This is where Meagan is.
    This indicates a Gloom that will attack and sleep the lead Pokemon in your party.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • @ Zeta Dimentio:
    I have just two suggestions for an otherwise great submission:
    #1: Perhaps you could make it so that the switches have to be set in a specific order? Like "switch #1 ON, switch #3 ON, switch #2 OFF" or something like that. (you know, kind of like the puzzle that had to be done during the Rocket invasion of the radio tower in G/S/C). That would be slightly more challenging, yet it would not be complex. Whether you should battle the guardians every time you try to flip the switch, would be your decision.
    #2: You're running a RD team of sorts with Kyogre in Round 2, right? Make him the lead! Your team would benefit much more from a permanent rain during the entire match, rather than just letting Empoleon benefit from it.
    Kingdra would be wickedsick, I promise you. Give it Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor, and it will mash everything to pieces.

@ Skip Shot:
    I love the fact that you are using the Grass-type, my favourite, though I hate the fact that it's belonging to the first E4 trainer -.-
    Anyways. I can understand the puzzle, sort of, yet I find myself a bit confused about how the vines actually work. I would probably spend 20 full heals just to get to the leader, due to the Glooms, but that is just a nice touch, so keep that. Though I can't really say much about improvements on the actual team (read: it's amazing!), I find myself a bit surprised of the mention of opposing Rain Dance teams. Ludicolo will probably sweep and kill without problems, but I sincerely doubt that he'll have to actually do what you foresaw, as I can't remember anyone making a RD team in-game but me. Also, would Leaf Storm on a late game sweeper be such a good idea? I'm just wondering, since you are a far more experienced competitive battler than myself.

Summa summarum, great work. I doubt anything I'd made could actually stand up to that challenge and win. Woo!

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years

• @ Skip Shot:
    I love the fact that you are using the Grass-type, my favourite, though I hate the fact that it's belonging to the first E4 trainer -.-
    Anyways. I can understand the puzzle, sort of, yet I find myself a bit confused about how the vines actually work. I would probably spend 20 full heals just to get to the leader, due to the Glooms, but that is just a nice touch, so keep that. Though I can't really say much about improvements on the actual team (read: it's amazing!), I find myself a bit surprised of the mention of opposing Rain Dance teams. Ludicolo will probably sweep and kill without problems, but I sincerely doubt that he'll have to actually do what you foresaw, as I can't remember anyone making a RD team in-game but me. Also, would Leaf Storm on a late game sweeper be such a good idea? I'm just wondering, since you are a far more experienced competitive battler than myself.

When you run into a vine, it acts kind of like a slingshot and pushes you backward a step from where you ran into the vine.

The Glooms only activate once, so its more like 4 Full Heals ;)

Ludicolo can abuse Rain Dance, and although not many people use it in-game, it is a nice touch competitively to a monotype Grass team. Its really not something that is around that common, but its nice to be able to stop Rain Dance.

Sceptile usually abuses Leaf Storm on its special or mixed sets, even the late game sweeper sets. It only has Dragon Pulse/Hidden Power Ice as its other special attack, and Leaf Storm is really only used on Ground or Water types that Sceptile comes in on (and who would leave them in?) It has Earthquake and Focus Punch(again, the switch in factor) to back up Leaf Storm as well. Sceptile really relies on you switching in and out with your team to hit opponents- something that the competitive metagame calls prediction.

Thanks for the review!

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • When you run into a vine, it acts kind of like a slingshot and pushes you backward a step from where you ran into the vine.

The Glooms only activate once, so its more like 4 Full Heals ;)

Ludicolo can abuse Rain Dance, and although not many people use it in-game, it is a nice touch competitively to a monotype Grass team. Its really not something that is around that common, but its nice to be able to stop Rain Dance.

Sceptile usually abuses Leaf Storm on its special or mixed sets, even the late game sweeper sets. It only has Dragon Pulse/Hidden Power Ice as its other special attack, and Leaf Storm is really only used on Ground or Water types that Sceptile comes in on (and who would leave them in?) It has Earthquake and Focus Punch(again, the switch in factor) to back up Leaf Storm as well. Sceptile really relies on you switching in and out with your team to hit opponents- something that the competitive metagame calls prediction.

Thanks for the review!

Ya, I know, but you see, this isn't necessarily the most smart-assed trainers you're facing. It's kind of like when I was playing Pokémon Stadium with my friend, and we were stuck with the horrible predetermined movesets on the rental pokemon, so predicting what the opponent would do next was close to impossible. Point is, your opponents aren't necessarily the brightest bunch, but they have surprise on their side. So, if say, an opponent leaves a Swampert in, and you predict "oh, switch, FOCUS PAWNSH!", you might very well be met with an Ice Beam to the face from the opposing mudfish. Just saying. :P

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years

• Ya, I know, but you see, this isn't necessarily the most smart-assed trainers you're facing. It's kind of like when I was playing Pokémon Stadium with my friend, and we were stuck with the horrible predetermined movesets on the rental pokemon, so predicting what the opponent would do next was close to impossible. Point is, your opponents aren't necessarily the brightest bunch, but they have surprise on their side. So, if say, an opponent leaves a Swampert in, and you predict "oh, switch, FOCUS PAWNSH!", you might very well be met with an Ice Beam to the face from the opposing mudfish. Just saying. :P

That is a good point. I can change Sceptile's moveset around to compensate for that. I think I went a little too far when Maci said go competitive lol. Sceptile's new moveset for both battles is: Leaf Storm, Earthquake, Leaf Blade, and Focus Blast. Doesn't need any prediction to work. :)

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • That is a good point. I can change Sceptile's moveset around to compensate for that. I think I went a little too far when Maci said go competitive lol. Sceptile's new moveset for both battles is: Leaf Storm, Earthquake, Leaf Blade, and Focus Blast. Doesn't need any prediction to work. :)

Amen bro ^^ Did Maci say when he would return?

Back