• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • You're not, because you've been posting here, improving your gym-making skills. People who haven't are probably intimidated by the size of our Elite 4 matches, and decide that they can't do it. Maybe that's not the case, but I don't really know. That's my theory.

Anyway, hopefully Maci will be back soon.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hey everyone, I'm finally back! I have to keep the post brief today; World Series calls me, howevver there are a few points I want to highlight. Do to my huge absence, I am extending Round 1 for two more days. After that, I will post the poll and open Round 2. This means all the dates of the calendar are incorrect for now. I will see that they are fixed tomorrow.

I just thought you deserved to know that I am still committed to this thread. Thanks to all the people who have helped fill in the gap that I left for the past 5 days. I am soooooo psyched that we are getting to the late stages of this process =). Because we are so late in this process, you will not be recieving feedback anymore. Because the amount of people who post is so large, the amount of time it takes to thoroughly rate each gym is quite a while (two hours on Gym 6).

Once again, I apologize for the brevity of this post, and I promise there is more to come.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I'm finally back! I have to keep the post brief today; World Series calls me, howevver there are a few points I want to highlight. Do to my huge absence, I am extending Round 1 for two more days. After that, I will post the poll and open Round 2. This means all the dates of the calendar are incorrect for now. I will see that they are fixed tomorrow.

I just thought you deserved to know that I am still committed to this thread. Thanks to all the people who have helped fill in the gap that I left for the past 5 days. I am soooooo psyched that we are getting to the late stages of this process =). I will do a huge post tomorrow commenting on all the submitted Elite 4 members. If you want criticism, have your elite member in by tomorrow.

Once again, I apologize for the brevity of this post, and I promise there is more to come.

Its great that you're back Maci! Now I get more time to plan out a trixy Round 2...

(GO PHILLIES BTW)

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    LAST DAY FOR ROUND 9: Elite 4 (1)! If you want your Elite 4 member taken into account, get it in today! I will be opening the poll tonight and we shall see the results of the long round. I hope to see a very active day; the more the merrier, and it gives us a much larger selection. If we get 3 more Elite 4's submitted today, I will do two polls, each lasting for 24 hours, otherwise plan on one. Good luck all!

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Neither did I D: Skippy won round 7 though, in case that's not clear..

Actually, we are doing the dual gym idea still, right? But we decided on my gym getting the badge and you give out the Fire Punch Sneasel/Slack Off Spheal. And we came up with a little plot line as well... battle of the gyms tag battle with a rival! That means that the player sides with one gym and the rival sides with the other and a tag battle ensues.

EDIT: Round 8 has a tie once again between SethMetal37 and Zeta Dimentio.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    In the event of a tie for any Round, I have to make the final decision. I am extremely torn between these gyms; they are both great and deserve it. However, when thinking about what I would enjoy to play through as a Hack Player, I decided that Zeta Dimentio's Fire/Electric Gym won it.

Congradulations Zeta!

Seth - out of anyone you have grown the most in this process, your formatting and use of pictures is incredible. I can't wait to see your Elite 4 work!

Still no more for Round 9: Elite 4 (1)? I was really hoping to see Syrynn's return after his awesome Dragon gym a while back... Anyways, this Elite 4 Round has been a great kick off to the Elite 4. I can't wait to unveil my Champion Battle soon!

I'm hoping that Elite 4 (2) is more active; I'm thinking that the lapse in this rounds posting was due to my absence. I asure you I will be here next round 100% =)

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Hey Maci, Skip Shot made a Poison-type gym, not a Steel-type ^^
    I'm sorry to have to tell you guys that I doubt that I'll have time to make any E4's for a while with my exams coming up >_< But I'll do what I can to at least comment on the elites at times!

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I came up with the mini plotline for The Poison/Ice Gym rivalry. Let me know what you think!

(Upon entering city with both gyms)

Policeman: Are you new to this town? In that case, be careful, because there are two rival gyms in this town. Nathalie and Bronson have been fighting over which of their gyms is better for over a month now. They both think that the better of the two gyms deserves to go hunt for a legendary Pokemon. I can't remember which one it is.

(As player approaches Pokemon Center, Nathalie and Bronson can be seen outside)

Nathalie: It's obvious that my gym is better! Your concept of a gym is poor and your Pokemon are no match against my icy powers!

Bronson: Remember that I'm the one with the gym badge around here, so its obvious that my Poison Pokemon rule!

Nathalie: Oh really?! (notices player) Hey, you, come over here! (Player is automatically walked over to Nathalie and Bronson) Which gym do you think is better, my gym or Bronson's gym? …. What? You haven't seen either of ours? In that case, know that my gym is superior to Bronson's!

Bronson: I don't think so! I can melt your ice Pokemon in my toxic pits! You can't do that to my Poison Pokemon!

(Enter Rival from start of game)

Rival: Hey (player), it's been a while! How's it going!

Bronson: You're new around here too! Know that my gym is better than Nathalie's, so I should be able to get Registeel!

Nathalie: Really?! Why don't we have a battle to determine who can hunt for Registeel!

Bronson: Ok then! (Turns to player) You'll root for me, won't you?

(User is prompted to choose Yes or No)

(Yes)

Bronson: Great! I have crowd support to beat Nathalie with!

Rival: Not so fast! I side with Nathalie! I think that her gym would be better!

Nathalie: Ha! 2-on-2 then! Let's get this started!

(No)

Bronson: So you'll root for Nathalie, then?
    Nathalie: Ha! Clearly, people around here think my gym is better.

Rival: Sorry to rain on your parade, but I side with Bronson.

Bronson: In that case, let's do a 2-on-2 tag battle!

TAG BATTLE

vs. Rival and (Bronson/Nathalie)
    Player is paired with Nathalie/Bronson

Rival's Pokemon: (TBD by rivals that Maci selects)

Bronson:

Swalot
    Liquid Ooze
    Level 50

Sludge Bomb
    Pain Split
    Toxic
    Ice Beam

Skuntank
    Aftermath
    Level 50

Poison Jab
    Flamethrower
    Feint
    Night Slash

Toxicroak @ Sitrus Berry

Dry Skin
    Level 52

Poison Jab
    Focus Blast
    Dark Pulse
    Sludge Bomb

Nathalie:

Abomasnow
    Snow Warning
    Level 50

Leech Seed
    Blizzard
    Energy Ball

Substitute

Mamoswine
    Snow Cloak
    Level 50

Blizzard
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    Double Hit

Walrein @ Sitrus Berry

Ice Body
    Level 52

Protect
    Surf
    Blizzard
    Substitute

Defeat Dialogue:

Rival: Impossible! How did I lose!
    (Leader paired with Rival): Well, I guess that means that (Leader paired with player) has the better gym and deserves to go find Registeel!

Closing Plotline:

Bronson: Well, I guess that shows who's better. I better get back to my gym now. I hope that you'll come and challenge me soon! (Walks off to gym)

Rival: Humph! You may have won against me and (Leader Rival sided with) (player), but I'll get you next time! Just you wait! (Runs away)

Nathalie: That was quite a fun battle, now that I look at it. What's your name? Oh, its (player). Why don't you come by my gym sometime? I may not have a badge to offer, but I do have some specially trained Pokemon as a prize, so come check it out! (Walks off)

(Player defeated Nathalie at gym)

Nathalie(after being defeated): To be able to withstand the power of winter.... Marvelous! Tell you what, I like you! You are worthy to receive my prize! Behind me are two Pokeballs. Each contains one unique Pokemon. Go on and choose one!

Prize Pokemon:

Spheal
    Ice Body
    Level 30

Ice Ball
    Body Slam
    Aurora Beam
    Slack Off

Sneasel
    Inner Focus
    Level 30

Agility
    Fury Swipes
    Icy Wind
    Fire Punch

Final Words from Nathalie: Nobody has been able to stand up to me in battle for a long time. I hope you'll come back for an even better battle!

Let me know what you think! I definitely would like some help finding more places to put the Registeel references in.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    ROUND 9: ELITE 4 (1) IS CLOSED!!!!!!!

I have to say however, this was not our greatest Round. We had three excellent submissions, but 3 is nothing when compared to our past rounds, especially considering that you had almost 3 times as much time to do this round. I blame it on my absence, but I'm sure there were some othere factors in people's RL.

Anyways, I narrowed it down to two for the poll:

Zeta Dimentio -
    Skip Shot -

The other submission by Poison Pokemon Rule was good. It came down to the fact that the formatting and the movesets could have been better/more competetively viable.

I hope for a much more active second round...remember:

Originally posted by First Post

Elite 4 (2) - 76 - 82 [Round 2 = 94 - 101]

You must have:
    • Competetively viable movesets.
    • A team strategy
    • SPRITES
    • Formatting
    • 5 Pokemon Round 1, 6 Pokemon Round 2
    These are my pet peeves...

That being said:

ROUND 10: ELITE 4 (2) IS OPEN!!!!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Hmmm.... Zeta has a great puzzle idea, but really Zeta's team's strategy is just 5/6 water-type sweepers tied together. In Round 2, only Kingdra abuses Drizzle from Kyogre to activate Swift Swim, everything just likes the power from the rain.

That's the main reason that I decided to vote for my(Skip Shot) Elite 4 Number 1.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Eh, that's fair. I tried to make an OU Water team, didn't have much to work with, and I'm not that good of a competitive battler. So yeah, my team isn't the best. Hopefully next round's will be better.

My vote goes to my (Zeta Dimentio's) idea, because I like my puzzle a little more then Skip Shot's.

I will be posting Round 2 tomorrow.

Syrynn

Writer of Tales
    Years
  • It's really tough, but I vote for Skip Shot this time around. His team just seems to have the slightest edge in practicality and execution, but I really enjoyed both submissions.

Also, I've been busy with college. Plus, I seem to have decided I don't need my little toe on my left foot, because I've tried three times to get rid of it today alone. It's not broken (thank the deities), but it came really darn close.

I might make a late Elite Four member, like the final one before the champion, but I'm swamped. If you're lucky, I might just make a last gasp of brilliance, but don't take it to the bank just yet.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Im gonna vote for Skip Shot's because I just thought it had a better puzzle. Also we already have a water-type gym...I am usually under the impression that we don't repeat types....

Back