• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • Yeah, well, I'm not good with competitive battling. This was the process of choosing my team. (Looks at Smogon's BL+ list. Chooses five pokemon of a certain type, chooses semi-random moveset, then puts them together.) So yeah, not exactly the best. There is a really good reason I stay far away from that section, after all.

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Amazing submissions so far, I'm excited to see the rest =] When I have time, I will edit this post with specific comments about every single one. Just answering quick questions now so more people can get their rivals in.

Raekuul: Avian Cliff's (City 5) is the International-Access city. If you need one earlier add a Train city somewhere.

Sethmetal: Make a route number =P start wherever the last ones left off, I don't have route #s planned yet.

Barnsley:
    I will =] It won't be done for a while though =/

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Fifth city is fine, now all I need is the expected average level for the area. I suppose I should have asked for that earlier. Whoops.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
  • Hey. Encounters 1-4 are up on the previous post!

Update: Encounters 1-6 are now up.

Raekuul: Avian Cliff's (City 5) is the International-Access city. If you need one earlier add a Train city somewhere.

Is this going to be the access to the Battle Frontier? If so, can there be an airport there after you beat the Pokemon League? I want to use that for my final encounter with my rival.

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Avian Cliff has a gym in it; reference Page 5 for the submission (check the Rival OP to see which submission won; it was one of the best submissions of the project, I think by ooOpposite Day). The average level would be around there.

Raekuul: You would get a special ticket to go to the Battle Frontier from Avian Cliffs. If you want an airport after the Elite 4, write it into your Rival, if your rival wins there will be an airport.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    It's on page three for me, but that's alright. An actual airport isn't needed, I just need an excuse to bring in foreigners.

So, lower-to-mid thirtes... Ick, I'll go with my original plans if I can find it. Just, do me a favor and have a directions-giver that is all too happy to tell people about Professor PROFESSOR in TOWN somewhere there.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to seeing raekuul's submission based off of what he's planning in the thread. I'm really excited about how original he is being with it- not your standard bread and butter guy who just butts in and battles for the heck of it. Storylines are always awesome and intrigue me the most.

Anyways, Eos and I are going to put up Encounter 4 sometime later tonight, so look for that. After we confirm the dialogue for Encounter 5, we'll update that as well.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Story is always my strong point, it's the competitive teams and movesets that are not. If anyone is curious, the plan is to start with the final encounter (Blissey, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Snorlax, Dunsparce, and Umbreon) and work backwards from there. I would use a Ditto to cement the reference, but Nonohara Himeko has to be a believable opponent.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Just a heads up; I'm going to extend this round a week for a few reasons;

1. I won't be here on Sunday to close it.
    2. I feel that a lot of people could use more time.
    3. I've extended every last round of an area of the project, why not stay consistent?

The submissions have all been great, but there are some who could work on their competitive viability. I suggest looking in Smogon for competitive movesets, because they are easy to access and I know a lot of them so I can tell if you are using them or not. Enjoy your one week extension; use it well.

Get parts of your submissions in today; this is the last day I can comment on them (I'm doing a huge comment post at the end of the day)!

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    This post has moved. Please look on which ever page post 510 will be on. This post is obsolete, please look at Post 511 instead.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • The fourth of five encounters is now up!!! This one was probably the hardest to create, because it involves a whole new section of the game created just for the storyline. I may have put in too many wild Pokemon, however. Feel free to leave criticism!!

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Name: Jakob Lazewrath

Number of Encounters: 6

Appearance: Jakob has short, spiky blonde hair. He's very thin, has a tan complexion, and is about 5'11. He wears a white t-shirt with a black jean-jacket that has its sleeves cut off. He has blue jeans on and a pair of white tennis shoes.

Encounter 1:
    Spoiler:

Encounter 2:
    Spoiler:

Encounter 3:
    Spoiler:

Encounter 4:
    Spoiler:

Encounter 5:
    Spoiler:

Encounter 6:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Added matches 1 and 2, and modified match 6 a little bit.

All names not already attached to something are placeholders.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • SethMetal's submission came almost unexpectedly (aka where have you been?) Nonetheless, I liked the idea of a rival that chased after legendaries and used them in battle against you, and helped you to obtain even more powerful legendaries. Although the competitive viablility of some of these movesets is iffy, I still overall like the submission.

I've been busy with some water polo scrimmages over the weekend, but Eos and I will most likely have the final encounter done by Wednesday.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Wow, can't wait to see the rest of your submission, Skip and Eos, it'll probably knock our socks off.

Is there a rule against a team full of ubers? I just need to know, since Marcus and Drake's teams were both full of them. I think there is, but I'm not sure. I changed it out, so even if it is, then it can still be accepted.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hey guys, I'm back on top of the project, and I'm glad I put in the extension; a huge amount were put in the running after and will continue to be developed. Sorry that huge comment post didn't come through; had to get to sleep earlier than anticipated to catch an early train. Nonetheless, the post will be coming soon =] I hope you are all excited for the Battle Frontier; it has a whole new set of rules.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Is there a list of town names somewhere, or am I going to need to dig through 479 posts to find them?

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I can compile that for you; I'll edit them into this post later.

Regular Towns
    - Hollybark Town - Starting Town
    - New Amber Town - Between Gyms 4 & 5
    - Mt. Okenao - Between Gyms 7 & 8

Gym Towns
    - Lorango Town [Gym 1] - Water
    - Ravenshore City [Gym 2] - Electric
    - Secosite City [Gym 3] - Psychic
    - Tidalreign Island [Gym 4] - Fighting
    - Avian Cliffs City [Gym 5] - Flying
    - Estrella City [Gym 6] - Dragon
    - Volvetti City [Gym 7] - Poison/Ice
    (I used a different name then Frosta or Gremuleta 'caus I didn't like those =P)
    - Octoria City [Gym 8] - Fire/Electric

- Azure Frontier [Elite 4] - Varied
    - The Battle Frontier - Varied

Comments later today; as far as I know, I'm not busy, so I should actually be able to get the huge comment post done.

Last edited:
    Back