• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
Years
  • I've been busy with real life stuff which explains my absence. For the Regi, I just gave him the set as if he was a wild Pokemon, but the others nay not have extremely competitively sets. If you think the overall submission would actually be better with perfect, unbeatable stradegy rival sets, I can look up the best movesets for them, but I really like novelty and uniqueness with the kind of Pokemon I chose for him. Nonetheless, I can still change them if you think it would make a big difference

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Match 3 has been added to Nonohara Himeko's info post. Match 3 advances the Nonohara Himeko subplot considerably. Match 3 introduces Hime-copy.

Match 4 has been added to Nonohara Himeko's info post. Match 4 ends the Nonohara Himeko subplot to a point. Match 4 introduces Princess Erika. It is also the one time where you are in a double battle in which one person is on two sides at the same time.

And with that, unless someone sees some way to improve it, I declare my submission finalized!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Folks, Eos and I are proud to proclaim that all of Kamika's encounters are now in our submission! All that is left is to receive criticism and comments, like the Latios part, but otherwise, we are done! It was definitely a great experience, and both Eos and I pooled together to create this amazing collaborative effort.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Comments Post

Comments
    ============================================================
    Here we go with the comments post. I'm gonna post them one at a time within the post just so people know their comments as soon as possible. I'll continue to edit them in after that. Without further ado, I present my comments:
    Skip Shot & Eos Aduro (The Scary Combo): I love the idea of a Mewtwo obsessed scientist; it reminds me of the first generation, and that's always a good thing. Mewtwo is too awesome to pass up. The first round is good; it establishes a lot about her character early. Round 2 is what I have a problem with. Electivire is not a competitive pokemon; there is nothing good about him. He literally cannot accomplish sweeps. You could use him until maybe Round 3, and then switch to Zapdos, Rotom-A, or Raikou, all of which are better (I know Raikou is UU, but it is unquestionably better). Also, if you use him in Round 2, evolve him to Electabuzz, and in Round 3 use Electivire (at LvL 48, I think Electivire is fair). Just to reiterate, after Round 3, I'm of the opinion that Electivire should be substituted for something else. This also makes sense considering he is redundant with Magnezone. I don't really have problems with it besides that; you two are a formidable pair.
    Gold1222: Your team has good formatting and level progression, but there are some problems I would like to address. First off, this hack is supposed to be incredibly challenging. Mightyena is not a powerful pokemon, which is why I would recommend using Sneasil in your first encounter over Poochyena, and then in every battle that you have a Poochyena or Mightyena, replace it with Sneasil and Weavile respectively. This of course leaves a gap in your team for encounters 6 & 7, which I would fill with a non-Dark pokemon; your team has a huge fighting weakness which could be eliminated by the removal of Mightyena and addition of a non-fighting weak pokemon. Also, you need to fill out team strategies for the the last three encounters; how does the team win. Your team doesn't stay consistent pokemon wise; you switch from Pelipper to Kingler to Kingdra. Why not just start with Seadra when you have Pelipper in first? Skarmory and Nidoqueen also make one round appearances, and I would prefer that you keep some consistency. Your movesets, while interesting, are not competitively viable, and neither are some pokemon choices (I'm looking at Slaking and Gardevoir, but they can work with the right team I guess). Your submission is interesting, which is why I want to help you improve it as much as possible =]. Good luck.
    Zeta Dimentio: Your team is incredibly competitively viable and challenging; exactly what I'm looking for. From the get go, you have fully evolved pokemon and team strategies (and lovely formatting =P). On a strictly competitive basis, I have some hugely minor nitpicks. Why not use Seed Bomb, Shaymin's signature move, which is much better than Grass Knot, and is one of the big reasons to use Shaymin over Celebi. Also, Crunch > Ice Punch, all the targets for Ice Punch are naturally faster than Lucario, especially when he is Adamant. Normally, I would have a problem with your triple weakness to Fire, but you also have three fire resists on the team, so it balances out. Story-line wise, I like your rival; an extremely powerful trainer who exists to test the strength of those around him and guide them is a cool concept, and I like the Groudon battle at the end. Amazing job as always, Zeta.
    Raekuul: Your rival has an incredible story line, and like you said, that is your main strength. I like that you use Eevee early, but I don't like that you use it late; I would have it evolved to Umbreon (I know it hurts the storyline =/) by Match 2. Due to using all Normal (except Eevee), you are limited, but I would not go so far as to say Dunsparce is your only choice for a lead. I would recommend Ambipom over Dunsparce for the sake of competitive viability. Also, in Round 2, could you evolve Porygon to Porygon2? Level wise it is appropriate, and it fulfills the same role of walling. Unless you prefer keeping it as a wall the whole time (which I don't think is a good idea, your team is already defensive, you need some powerhouses), then evolve it to Porgon-Z at encounter 3. Also, you have a Blissey problem, so I think using a Physically-based Normal type > Togekiss is beneficial to your team. Staraptor is a good fit as it doesn't screw with your synergy at all. Your movesets could use some work; they aren't exactly competitive. Use any of the links recommended and type in the pokemon's name. Great submission, Raekuul, you have already brought a lot to the Project.
    Sethmetal: Hey man, it's been a while since I've commented on one of your submissions. Anways, let me start by saying I love the story of the rival, and I think that all the progression is appropriate as well. I actually only have a few suggestions. First off, you need team strategies that say why you do things and how you would win. Second, why would you drop Kyogre? You can keep it the last two battles and run a rain team. I would put it in over Heatran (who doesn't benefit from rain). If you do that, then run Thunder on Zapdos, and maybe replace Jirachi with Manaphy? Just a thought. Competitively speaking, I would pick another Ghost over Sabeleye (any Ghost in fact). Gengar, Rotom-A, Mismagius, and Dusknoir are all good options. My last thing is that you need competitive movesets; it is a requirement. You know the sources I listed; use 'em. I love this submission, it just needs polishing competitively speaking.
    This has been a great round with fantastic entries (and a huge amount of entries). I hope to see you all in the Battle Frontier Rounds.

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
  • Gold1222: Your team has good formatting and level progression, but there are some problems I would like to address. First off, this hack is supposed to be incredibly challenging. Mightyena is not a powerful pokemon, which is why I would recommend using Sneasil in your first encounter over Poochyena, and then in every battle that you have a Poochyena or Mightyena, replace it with Sneasil and Weavile respectively. This of course leaves a gap in your team for encounters 6 & 7, which I would fill with a non-Dark pokemon; your team has a huge fighting weakness which could be eliminated by the removal of Mightyena and addition of a non-fighting weak pokemon. Also, you need to fill out team strategies for the the last three encounters; how does the team win. Your team doesn't stay consistent pokemon wise; you switch from Pelipper to Kingler to Kingdra. Why not just start with Seadra when you have Pelipper in first? Skarmory and Nidoqueen also make one round appearances, and I would prefer that you keep some consistency. Your movesets, while interesting, are not competitively viable, and neither are some pokemon choices (I'm looking at Slaking and Gardevoir, but they can work with the right team I guess). Your submission is interesting, which is why I want to help you improve it as much as possible =]. Good luck.

Well, thanks for the opinions. I will change Mightyena to Sneasal and so on. I do the Seadra, too. The reason I switched the team around is beacause she's a trainer, and trainers may change their teams, for example Ash. But I will keep some consistency in the edit. I may change some things, and keep others. I will change Gardevoir and Slaking's moveset probablly.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Making a quick change - the Himeko that's allied with the player in the fourth encounter and the Himeko that's allied against the player in the fourth encounter have had their teams switched.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well, thanks for the opinions. I will change Mightyena to Sneasal and so on. I do the Seadra, too. The reason I switched the team around is beacause she's a trainer, and trainers may change their teams, for example Ash. But I will keep some consistency in the edit. I may change some things, and keep others. I will change Gardevoir and Slaking's moveset probablly.

Fair enough, and I understood why you changing the team around, it was just that you did it too much and there was a lot of inconsistency in that regard. Ash actually keeps a fairly consistent team unless he is changing regions. Like I said before, it is a good team, I'm just giving it tough critique so it can be better.

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
  • OK. Now there is, so far, only two fighting weak. I changed the teams and they are going to be consistent. The moves may be odd, but I like them.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Raekuul: Your rival has an incredible story line, and like you said, that is your main strength. I like that you use Eevee early, but I don't like that you use it late; I would have it evolved to Umbreon (I know it hurts the storyline =/) by Match 2. (1) Due to using all Normal (except Eevee), you are limited, but I would not go so far as to say Dunsparce is your only choice for a lead. I would recommend Ambipom over Dunsparce for the sake of competitive viability. Also, in Round 2, could you evolve Porygon to Porygon2? Level wise it is appropriate, and it fulfills the same role of walling.(2) Unless you prefer keeping it as a wall the whole time (which I don't think is a good idea, your team is already defensive, you need some powerhouses), then evolve it to Porgon-Z at encounter 3. Also, you have a Blissey problem, so I think using a Physically-based Normal type > Togekiss is beneficial to your team. Staraptor is a good fit as it doesn't screw with your synergy at all. Your movesets could use some work; they aren't exactly competitive. Use any of the links recommended and type in the pokemon's name. Great submission, Raekuul, you have already brought a lot to the Project.

1) I am first and foremost a writer (so plot comes first in my mind), and Umbreon is primarily a walling pokemon. Actually, I'm considering changing it to Espeon to counteract the universal vulnerability to the fighting type - which solves two problems at once, to be honest.

2) I have experience with using Dunsparce, but not with the 'Pom family, so I went with what I knew. I'll look in to Ambipom, though, but I personally prefer the luck aspect of Dunsparce, and I know that the computer (cheating bastard that it is) will take that and run with it.

3) Blissey and Togekiss... I think I was using Pokey as a baton passer in all my plans, but the moveset I never really was happy with. Blissey was the same way - she fills a specific niche in the team, but I personally don't like the moveset. I may swap Togekiss for Staraptor, but then I'll be looking for another Baton Passer if I do.

Wait, Ambipom would be a suitable Baton Passer, wouldn't it?

Note: Dunsparce is formidable when in the hands of the computer, as it does land its special effects even more often than normal because it's the computer deciding that it can be unfair every once in a while. Unless you have said somewhere that you are going to prevent that, I stand by Dunsparce as a lead in this context. Everything else, though, I will consider and probably use.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I fixed what I needed to. And I need to ask something. Is a team full of ubers acceptable? This isn't for David, it's for the two Enel rejects. Either way, I have a team for them, but I just need to be sure.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years

• ============================================================
    Sethmetal: Hey man, it's been a while since I've commented on one of your submissions. Anways, let me start by saying I love the story of the rival, and I think that all the progression is appropriate as well. I actually only have a few suggestions. First off, you need team strategies that say why you do things and how you would win. Second, why would you drop Kyogre? You can keep it the last two battles and run a rain team. I would put it in over Heatran (who doesn't benefit from rain). If you do that, then run Thunder on Zapdos, and maybe replace Jirachi with Manaphy? Just a thought. Competitively speaking, I would pick another Ghost over Sabeleye (any Ghost in fact). Gengar, Rotom-A, Mismagius, and Dusknoir are all good options. My last thing is that you need competitive movesets; it is a requirement. You know the sources I listed; use 'em. I love this submission, it just needs polishing competitively speaking.

I'll just start by thanking you for commenting :P. I completely frgot bout the team strategies lol, I wil work on them today. The first and second rounds are supposed to be different, one a rain team and one a sun team. I dropped Kyogre because of this reason. However, I can replace them if you would still rather me do a rain team. I can pick another ghost, Sabeleye was just supposed to be a novelty thing. Just a thought, is there anyway that I could replace Heatran with Groudon, and run a sun team the last round? I specifically incoorperated fire moves onto the majority of the Pokemon for the last round. And for Round 5 I would run the rain team. I will get competive sets, I just love the novelty ones.

Maci12

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Zeta Dimentio: I would prefer you not; there are only so many ubers and we still have the Battle Frontier to do. They could each have 1 Uber though.

SethMetal: Oh, I like that idea. I hadn't realized that that was your goal. In that case I would add Groudon over Zapdos and shift him into a lead position so he team benefits from him.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • Hmmm, well how about Groudon over Heatran? I will replace Jiarachi with Azelf, giving it a fire move (I'm in the process of revamping the team now) would that be ok?

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I think I know what changes I'll make now. Good thing I'll have plenty of time to work them in tomorrow afternoon.

Maci12: Are you in GMT-5? I just want a point of reference.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Comments
    Here we go with the comments post. I'm gonna post them one at a time within the post just so people know their comments as soon as possible. I'll continue to edit them in after that. Without further ado, I present my comments:
    Skip Shot & Eos Aduro (The Scary Combo): I love the idea of a Mewtwo obsessed scientist; it reminds me of the first generation, and that's always a good thing. Mewtwo is too awesome to pass up. The first round is good; it establishes a lot about her character early. Round 2 is what I have a problem with. Electivire is not a competitive pokemon; there is nothing good about him. He literally cannot accomplish sweeps. You could use him until maybe Round 3, and then switch to Zapdos, Rotom-A, or Raikou, all of which are better (I know Raikou is UU, but it is unquestionably better). Also, if you use him in Round 2, evolve him to Electabuzz, and in Round 3 use Electivire (at LvL 48, I think Electivire is fair). Just to reiterate, after Round 3, I'm of the opinion that Electivire should be substituted for something else. This also makes sense considering he is redundant with Magnezone. I don't really have problems with it besides that; you two are a formidable pair.

Zeta Dimentio: Your team is incredibly competitively viable and challenging; exactly what I'm looking for. From the get go, you have fully evolved pokemon and team strategies (and lovely formatting =P). On a strictly competitive basis, I have some hugely minor nitpicks. Why not use Seed FLARE (fixed there ;) ), Shaymin's signature move, which is much better than Grass Knot, and is one of the big reasons to use Shaymin over Celebi. Also, Crunch > Ice Punch, all the targets for Ice Punch are naturally faster than Lucario, especially when he is Adamant. Normally, I would have a problem with your triple weakness to Fire, but you also have three fire resists on the team, so it balances out. Story-line wise, I like your rival; an extremely powerful trainer who exists to test the strength of those around him and guide them is a cool concept, and I like the Groudon battle at the end. Amazing job as always, Zeta.

Fixed one thing, Shaymin's move is Seed Flare, but great job Zeta.

We decided to use Electivire because of the whole scientist theme. I guess that what we could do is keep him until the 4th encounter, then swap him out in the 5th encounter for a Mowertom, since Swampert pretty much walls the whole team with Vire out of the picture imo outside of Mewtwo's Psycho Boost.

Also we went with the scientist theme because I was thinking about how Mewtwo just randomly appears in the game so we decided to tie a rival to the Mewtwo project referenced in the Pokemon movies. Also we based Kamika as a female version of a combination of Kaminko and Chobin from the Pokemon XD game (hence the hypnotic glasses style).

EDIT: I put Mowertom into the 5th encounter, but decided to keep E-Vire in through the fourth to let Kamika have the entire evolution chain, since Elekid doesn't even appear until the second encounter.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Thanks Skip, yours is looking pretty good for a scientist's team. Anyway, I added in a little something. A Kyogre fight, since it feels awkward to do a Groudon event without Kyogre in there somewhere, and something else. It might lead to something, it might not. It all depends on who wins in the future.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • I edited my post. I love how me and Zeta both have Kyogre and Groudon in our battles now. Although mine doesn't really incoorperate a storyline behind the two. Just a coincidence I guess.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Zeta, I like the addition of Kyogre and the little dialogue at the end. One thing I am concerned with though is Marcus' and Drake's team. You don't really have to change it around, but it is a doubles team, and Groudon will kill everything that Marcus has bar Skarmory with Earthquake, and Starmie can hit Groudon or Mamoswine with Surf by accident as well, which becomes even more of an issue if Kingdra sets up Rain Dance. I think what you could do to make this less of an issue and keep the team somewhat together is to identify strategies where immunities/resists come into play, and also have Blissey provide wish support with the standard WishBliss set. Wish/Protect/S-Toss/Flamethrower or Toxic. Protect can be used to keep itself in while Mamoswine or Groudon is out.

Back