• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
Years
  • All of the links that have been shortened now link incorrectly, i.e.:

"https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web" links to exactly that, a url with the ... and fails to load.

This happens for a few important links :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    First off... Thank you everyone in here for all the value you guys provide..

I just want to ask, are these Gen 6 features still going to get upgraded? There are some Abilities and moves that aren't out there yet (for example the codes for protean etc.)..

Mother Eeveesa

Years
  • First off... Thank you everyone in here for all the value you guys provide..

I just want to ask, are these Gen 6 features still going to get upgraded? There are some Abilities and moves that aren't out there yet (for example the codes for protean etc.)..

Mother Eeveesa

For Protean, put

Code:
     if isConst?(attacker.ability,PBAbilities,:PROTEAN)
          if attacker.type1 != type || attacker.type2 != type
            attacker.type1=type
            attacker.type2=type
            @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} became the {2}-type!",attacker.pbThis(true),PBTypes.getName(attacker.type1)))
          end
        end

After Iron Fist in PokeBattle_Move

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    "Various PBS File Updates, Stochastic, Mar 16, 2014"
    The link is broken '-'

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    I don't know if this is how it is in the games, but when I tested Aerilate on a Ghost-type Pokemon, the move was ineffective. However, the same move was also super effective on Abomasnow, so I can only assume that what's happening is the type is changed before damage calculations, but after determining if it will hit at all. Any suggestions for fixing this? One that comes to mind is possibly adjusting the area where Scrappy is coded so that Pokemon with these abilities can hit Ghost-types with Normal moves, but that's sort of a little cheat in the system that would basically just be there so the moves actually hit. I'd only resort to that if there's no way to fix when the game decides the type has changed.

EDIT: Also, while I'm here and working on things, here's Venom Drench (replace ### with whatever function code you give it):

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2014
    Is the intro post being updated? I see abilities and moves that's arn't on the checklist.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    Does anyone got any idea on developing a new move Spiky Shield ???

I have a code in place for it but I haven't gotten around to testing it; it could be flawed. I have a similar code for King's Shield, but that one hasn't been adjusted to only protect from damaging moves. When I get around to testing them, I'll tweak them if needed and post them. Unless I give up.

Tricko

Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf
    Years
  • I have a code in place for it but I haven't gotten around to testing it; it could be flawed. I have a similar code for King's Shield, but that one hasn't been adjusted to only protect from damaging moves. When I get around to testing them, I'll tweak them if needed and post them. Unless I give up.
    Thnx for the reply but I also got a code for spiky shield the thing is that it can do Damages by 1/8th Maximum Hit Points if hit by physical contact but it cant protect the user from bomb moves....I think we should create a new flag for spiky shield.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    Thnx for the reply but I also got a code for spiky shield the thing is that it can do Damages by 1/8th Maximum Hit Points if hit by physical contact but it cant protect the user from bomb moves....I think we should create a new flag for spiky shield.

Wait, what? The bomb moves thing is unrelated to spiky shield; it protects perfectly fine from any move besides the usual ones you can't protect from.

Bomb moves are for the Chespin line's signature ability, Bulletproof, which would basically be programmed like Soundproof but using a new flag for bomb and ball moves instead of sound moves. The problem is that at this rate flags are being used up pretty quickly with all the new ways gen VI abilities only affects specific moves.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • It's important to note that if an attack is blocked by Spiky Shield, the effects of the Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, and Iron Barbs will not be able to activate. If Sucker Punch is used on a Pokémon that has used Spiky Shield, the move fails and the Pokémon does not take damage.

It also does not protect from:
    Spoiler:

Also, Feint, Phantom Force, and Shadow Force lift Spiky Shield's protection for the rest of the turn.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    Tried adding Topsy-Turvy by modifying Psych Up's function code. First add this at the bottom of PokeBattle_MoveEffects, replacing ### after class PokeBattle_Move_ with the move number of your choice:
    Code:
    ################################################################################
    # User inverts the target's stat stages. (Topsy-Turvy)
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_### < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        pbShowAnimation(@id,attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
        for i in [PBStats::ATTACK,PBStats::DEFENSE,PBStats::SPEED,
                  PBStats::SPATK,PBStats::SPDEF,PBStats::ACCURACY,PBStats::EVASION]
          opponent.stages[i]=-opponent.stages[i]
        end
        @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} inverted {2}'s stat changes!",attacker.pbThis,opponent.pbThis(true)))
        return 0
      end
    end
    And for moves.txt add this, replace first ### with a free move ID and the second ### with the number you used for the script:
    Code:
    ###,TOPSYTURVY,Topsy-Turvy,###,0,DARK,Status,100,20,0,00,0,b,Smart,"All stat changes affecting the target turn topsy-turvy and become the opposite of what they were."
    Seems to work okay as far as I can tell, although it's rather crude. No idea if abilities preventing stat loss should prevent this or not, not that I knew how to make that happen in the first place. Feel free to claim it as your own if you improve upon it.

Anyone have any idea how to make mega evolving trigger weather changing abilities? From what I can tell if a mega form has a weather changing ability it doesn't change the weather upon form change...which it should. Switching the mega evolved Pokemon back in triggers the ability though. Maybe there's a way to add a def that considers mega evolving a switch-in? Or maybe there's a much simpler way but I'm too stupid to realize it...anyway, help would be much appreciated.

Tricko

Developing Pokémon Dark Leaf
    Years
  • Wait, what? The bomb moves thing is unrelated to spiky shield; it protects perfectly fine from any move besides the usual ones you can't protect from.

Bomb moves are for the Chespin line's signature ability, Bulletproof, which would basically be programmed like Soundproof but using a new flag for bomb and ball moves instead of sound moves. The problem is that at this rate flags are being used up pretty quickly with all the new ways gen VI abilities only affects specific moves.
    Hey wait, Chespin and his evolved forms main ability is Overgrow and its hidden ability is Bulletproof so it has nothing to do with spiky shield of Chespin and in addition to protecting the user from attacks, this move also damages any attacker who makes direct contact this is the battle effect of Spiky shield....

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    Mm, there's still an issue with Gale Wings as it goes back to the move selection page the instant a move is selected.

Years
  • Mm, there's still an issue with Gale Wings as it goes back to the move selection page the instant a move is selected.

Where are you putting it in the script? I've had the same problem a few times and sometimes it was placement.

EDIT: Got home and tried it out and am having the same problem. I'll let you know if I get it to work right.

Last edited:
    Back