• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
  • The animated spritesheet from the Generation 6 pack isn't properly aligned. It's not Luca's fault. It's the creator of the Gen 6 pack's fault.
    EBS uses the center of the frame as the center of the pokemon, these sprites were not designed with that in mind, nor EBS with these sprites in mind.
    Please don't blame me for stupid things.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • EBS uses the center of the frame as the center of the pokemon, these sprites were not designed with that in mind, nor EBS with these sprites in mind.

He's referring to the cut of the Charizard sprite, as seen in the right wing showing up on the left of the sprite. Indicating that the sprite does not follow the width = height format. No?

Years
  • He's referring to the cut of the Charizard sprite, as seen in the right wing showing up on the left of the sprite. Indicating that the sprite does not follow the width = height format. No?
    I just stuck all the sprites into the program, no idea why it would format them incorrectly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    EBS uses the center of the frame as the center of the pokemon, these sprites were not designed with that in mind, nor EBS with these sprites in mind.

guy I'm talking about charizard wing not the mega evolution, so that spoke apra ignores it

gr3ygho$t28

Veteran Gamer
    Years
  • I just stuck all the sprites into the program, no idea why it would format them incorrectly.

Perhaps the program bugged out? But anyway those sprites look horrible. I tried converting them as well and they end up looking really crappy. You can see the offset stray pixels from the animated gif, and sometimes the colors seem to get messed up?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2015
    What would I do if I want to change the message displayed when a Pokémon mega evolves especially the part that says Mega Ring. In the games most trainers have a special mega "item" (Maxie has Mega Glasses, Steven has a Mega Pin etc.) there was a tutorial for this way back but it no longer works since the code has been changed in The Gen 6 project. I could find this line of code in PokeBattle_Battle:
    if @battlers[index].hasMegaMessage?(pbGetOwner(index))
    pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}",@battlers[index].getMegaMessage(pbGetOwner(index))))
    The question is how do I use it?

Thanks in advance!

(Also there's a bug with Bug Bite, eating the target's berry doesn't give you the effect.)

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    What would I do if I want to change the message displayed when a Pokémon mega evolves especially the part that says Mega Ring. In the games most trainers have a special mega "item" (Maxie has Mega Glasses, Steven has a Mega Pin etc.) there was a tutorial for this way back but it no longer works since the code has been changed in The Gen 6 project. I could find this line of code in PokeBattle_Battle:
    if @battlers[index].hasMegaMessage?(pbGetOwner(index))
    pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}",@battlers[index].getMegaMessage(pbGetOwner(index))))
    The question is how do I use it?

Thanks in advance!

(Also there's a bug with Bug Bite, eating the target's berry doesn't give you the effect.)
    I believe those lines of code will be used if there are some mega evolutions that don't use a Mega Stone (e.g. Rayquaza).
    Also, for now, to make what you want appear, replace:
    Code:
    pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} is reacting to {3}'s Mega Ring!",
             @battlers[index].pbThis,
             PBItems.getName(@battlers[index].item),
             ownername))
    with this:
    Code:
    if pbGetOwner(index).trainerTypeName == "Magma Leader"        
          pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} is reacting to {3}'s Mega Glasses!",
             @battlers[index].pbThis,
             ownername))
    else        
         pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} is reacting to {3}'s Mega Ring!",
             @battlers[index].pbThis,
             ownername))

Last edited:
    Years
  • Question - what all did you guys do to get Flying Press, Forest's Curse, and Trick-or-Treat working properly? I was considering making naturally-triple-typed Pokemon in my game, as well as additional double-typed moves. I also wanted pokemon to receive double-STAB if they match two types of a move.

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
    Years
  • Hello guys! I hope you all are having a wonderful day. You guys have worked hard to create this wonderful Generation 6 Extension for Pokemon Essentials, and I couldn't be more than well-impressed.
    However, there is one problem I am having with it.
    Most Trainers, as well as wild Pokemon encounters, are not what they should be. For example, one of my Gym Leaders uses this lineup:
    BLISSEY,59
    KANGASKHAN,60
    WATCHOG,61
    RATICATE,59
    GRANBULL,60
    MILTANK,62,ROCKYHELMET,ROLLOUT,DEFENSECURL,MILKDRINK,BODYSLAM,,,,,,
    But what I get instead when I battle this trainer is an Entei, Gogoat, Palkia, Piloswine, Walrein, and Ludicolo, all high lvl. 80 and low 90. This also occurs with other trainers as well, and their parties are always switching it seems.
    This also occurs with wild Pokemon battles. For instance, on the first route, you can find what you would expect to find (e.g. low level Starly, Pidgey, Ratatta, etc.) according to the code. However, instead I get wild Scrafty in the 80's, among other extremely high-leveled Pokemon that are NOT programmed to appear in that route.
    I've gone through the PBS files, and everything is how it should be. However, the game is producing some terrifying results that I am not pleased with. If anybody could help me with this, that would be much appreciated.
    Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day!

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2015
    I get this error when I catch a Shadow Bonsly:
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method `pokemonIndex=' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xaa8bdc8>
    PokeBattle_Battle:1067:in `pbRemoveFromParty'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1064:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1064:in `pbRemoveFromParty'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1063:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1063:in `pbRemoveFromParty'
    PokeBattle_Battle:193:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
    PItem_ItemEffects:1794
    PItem_ItemEffects:1793:in `call'
    Event:150:in `trigger'
    PItem_Items:243:in `triggerUseInBattle'
    I tried moving the Bonsly to another trainer another trainer and it worked just fine, so I have no idea what's going on...

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • For some reason some moves of the 3rd generation pokémon are uncomplete (e.g the starters, Wingull or Pelipper). The starters has also wrong moves.

Erassus

I'm back.
    Years
  • Error using CURSE with Turtwig

Code:
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `hasBypassingAbility' for false:FalseClass

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:774:in `pbIncreaseStatBasic'

PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:836:in `pbIncreaseStat'

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:7177:in `pbEffect'

PokeBattle_Battler:3462:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3461:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3461:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3705:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:3704:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3704:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battle:3087:in `pbAttackPhase'

This exception was logged in

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2015
    I don't know what's causing this, but whatever changes I do to a Pokemon's BattlerPlayerY value, both manually and through the editor, only seem to affect the Pokémon's backsprite in the Editor and not the game, like this:
    Spoiler:

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? I tried replacing all the scripts, but no dice.

I'm also having this issue and am unsure how to fix it.

EDIT:

Nevermind! I found where in the scripts to change the coordinate numbers.

Last edited:

Icalasari

The Icy Basilisk
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 20, 2015
    The primals are acting weird - When they change in battle, the sprite will suddenly shoot to the top of the screen. This fixes itself the next battle. Which brings me to problem two

The form change is permanent. Removing the orb does not change them back to normal, and even changing species via debug will bring up form 1 of the Pokemon (Nothing like having a Mega in your party right off the bat)

Years
  • The primals are acting weird - When they change in battle, the sprite will suddenly shoot to the top of the screen. This fixes itself the next battle. Which brings me to problem two

The form change is permanent. Removing the orb does not change them back to normal, and even changing species via debug will bring up form 1 of the Pokemon (Nothing like having a Mega in your party right off the bat)
    Find this
    Code:
    for i in $Trainer.party; (i.makeUnmega rescue nil); end
    add
    Code:
    for i in $Trainer.party; (i.makeUnprimal rescue nil); end
    too lazy to update this anymore

Back