• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project L

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2008

Hack of Super Mario World

Features

Play as Luigi
    One player game
    New over worldA brand new dark story
    Custom music
    Custom graphics

Small Prologue info.

Luigi has always been in the shadow of his brother Mario but has grown to accept. One day Mario got a mysterious piece offering from Bowser. " Dear Mario I'm tired of kidnapping the Princess and always getting my tail beaten. Knowing that i can't win I want to make a piece offering. I'm tired and just want to relax.

I have the document at my castle come here so we can sign the agreement.

The Koopa King, Bowser. "

Mario being the good hearted person he is heads off for Bowser's castle to sign the document.

Days pass.

Mario has not returned from his trek to Bowser's castle and Luigi is worried. He knows his brother can handle himself but he know he should have been back by now. Just when Luigi is about to get ready and look for his brother there is knock at the door.

Luigi opens the door to find a panicking Toad with tear's in his eye. He tells Luigi that they just received a letter from Bowser. Notifying them that He has killed Mario and he is waging war on the mushroom kingdom. Luigi's hand's trembling his only brother... his only family was gone. Something in him snapped he closed the door on the Toad. He gathered up all of his stuff and picked up a picture of him and his brother and looked at it with a tear in his eye. It dropped onto the frame.

He put the picture in his bag and opened the door. The toad looked at him. "Luigi where are you going?". Luigi paused for a second... Then spoke. " My brother's dead and all that he left was a coward who can't save no one. I'm leaving the mushroom kingdom. Good luck finding someone to stop Bowser." Then he just walked off into the distance.

So what do you think of the prologue?

More of the story will be revealed as my levels progress

This won't appear ingame. As this happens before the events of the game reach a dangerous level in the war.

I will post screen shots of levels and game play as I develop them.

If you want to help positions:

Overworld mappers
    Level designers. ( I will do this as well)
    Asm ( I'm trying to learn)
    Sprite programmer ( in other words enemy maker)

Videos

None yet

Betas

None yet

Support bars

* we already have these but not alot of the game is done.

Project L

Code:
    [IMG]https://s3.tinypic.com/20px3bc.jpg[/IMG]

Project L

Code:
    [IMG]https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o174/Uke-boi/UserBars/PLcopy.png[/IMG]

Screens. Luigi sprite in picture not the current one.

Project L

Project L

Project L

Project L

Project L

Project L

Project L

Level two screens the levels out side is still in the beta design.

Project L

Project L

Project L

Project L

Project L

Project L

Project L

Credit's

Schwa for the deadweight bro sprite
    Mikey k for some sprites and spritetool
    Fusoya for lunar magic
    S.N.N od Mario SMW central for some music.
    Mythbusterbro for luigi redrawn sprite *not shwon in screens*
    Nintendo for making mario and his far better brother Luigi.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Hey Godmaster

Still working like a death stalker, right.

*copies what my real self/doppleganger/clone/somebody said.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2008
    Uh ryousha what does that have to do with this? I don't even want to know nvm. Thank you Trace. I like the pal choice to. It just looks semi vibrant imo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2008
    The story is a mix of Luigi returning to get his revenge on bowser but to also prove himself to everyone that he can be a hero and save everyone. This is because all his life he has been his brothers shadow.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Uh ryousha what does that have to do with this? I don't even want to know nvm. Thank you Trace. I like the pal choice to. It just looks semi vibrant imo.
    I mean you work hard :)

The story is a mix of Luigi returning to get his revenge on bowser but to also prove himself to everyone that he can be a hero and save everyone. This is because all his life he has been his brothers shadow.
    Oh rly?

The hack looks promising, it's better than most hacks.

Back