• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Utopia

IrishButSober

Screenplay Writer
    Years
    Project Utopia

A FireRed Hack

Poistion Needed:

Spriters - 2/3 Positions
    Overworld Maker - 1/2 Positions
    Sound Editors - 2/3 Positions
    Scripters - 1/2 Positions

Mappers - 1 Position

Story ~ Our tale takes us to the region of Tohoku, a region that has
    close links to that of Kanto. It is a relativley peaceful region, filled with Pokémon
    from all regions and for that, has become rather popular for young trainers to visit. It is said by many that Tohoku was the first of the regions to inhabit Pokémon and is a place where legondary Pokémon can often be seen, as if they are protecting it. But for what possible reason?

A group have emerged in Tohoku rather recently, calling themself "Team Utopia" and have been causing problems all over the region and have slowly been growing in numbers, going from a mild annoyance to a dangerous threat to the region both Pokémon and humans alike. In response to this growing threat, a group has formed known as "The Watchers", a small group of elite Pokémon Masters whose job is to watch over and protect the region. However, they are but a few compared to the growing numbers of Team Utopia and they alone cannot protect the region from the threat Team Utopia have become.

Despite claiming to be building a better world for all, Team Utopia have attacked several times, raiding them and often taking hostages of a young age for unknown reasons. Things went from bad to worse as Team Utopia had managed to launched an attack on "Archangel City", one of the central cities of the whole region and left it devestated, capturing almost everyone's Pokémon and striking fear into the hearts of the whole region. Just what do Team Utopia want and why?

10 Years Later

You play as a young boy/girl who was found by Team Utopia's leader "Illusive" and have spent the past nine years or so being taught, along with several other young children, about Team Utopia and what they strive for, pratically being brainwashed into believing what they believe, despite all the unanswered questions you still have after all these years about them. On your tenth birthday, Illusive decides to give you your first Pokémon and decides you are ready for your first mission. However on this mission you begin to realise the reality of Team Utopia is a lot different from what you have been taught and it seems now more than ever that you want those questions of yours answered, one way or the other.

Features

~ Unique Storyline

~ Pick From All The Offical Starter Pokémon

~ All Generation Pokemon

~ New Enemies/Rivals

~ New Gyms/Elite Four

Positions

NOTE - This is my first project in the form of ROM Hacking, so if I have left any positions out, please let me know and I will add them to the list.

Mappers - I will likley need two of these, past experience is needed as well as evidence of it.

Spriters - I will likley need two of these, past experience is needed as well as evidence of it.

Overworld Maker - I will need two of these and past experience is needed.

Beta Testers -
    I will need two. of these and past experience
    is prefered.

Scripters - I will need two of these and past experience is needed

Title Screen Editor - I will need only need one of these, evidence of past expereience is very much wanted.

Co-Writer - I will need only need one of these to help with the Storyline

Sound Editors - I will need one or two of these and some evidence would be greatly appreciated or at least a list of projects you have previously worked on where you were involved in sound.

Application

Code:
    [B]Name[/B]:
    [B]Email:[/B]
    [B]MSN[/B]
    [B]Position[/B]
    [B]Proof Of Experience[/B]

Example:

Name: IrishButSober
    Email: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    Position: Writer/Creator
    Proof Of Experience: Written Screenplays, Short Stories, Newspaper editing.

The Team So Far...

IrishButSober - Writer/Creator/Beta Tester
    WHISBII - Mapper
    Bolens - Title Screen Editor/ Co Creator
    BlueShadow V 2.0 - Beta Tester/Co Writer
    Stargate1995 - Mapper/Scripter
    Nintendork15 - Mapper
    Tinix - Scripter
    sindu68 - Mapper/Spriter
    hackerofdarkness - OW Inserter/Tile Insterter/Pallet Inserter/Beta Tester
    Sinta12 - Banner Creator

Last edited:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
    How many mappers are you taking, and I dont have any updated map??

Ghost

Years
    Maybe, but I have no updated maps, and only if you wont quit.

Ghost

Years
    wait ill get a map but its from my hack so I dont want to do it but there:
    Spoiler:

Ghost

Years
    Thanks, thats a messed up map surprised you did not see the error. But im sorry if I do to much of the mapping ok.

So when do we start.

I also know a little scripting
    Spoiler:

IrishButSober

Screenplay Writer
    Years
    Well, best to fill out the application on my first post so I can get your details and how to contact you.

Second, we need to keep finding people to join the team. Like I said, I'm new to ROM Hacking and I'm mainly here for the creative side and to overview as the creator, so I need to get a good team together to really get started.

Ghost

Years
    Well you cant expect to have a good team, and just want to have an over look of everything as the maker. You have to have some skill.

IrishButSober

Screenplay Writer
    Years
    I'm actually doing the storyline element of the game, I've created the story myself and been setting up how exactly I'd like it to be strucured, plus I'm learing to Beta Test. I'm sadly not skilled personally in mapping or scripting, but that does not mean I'm suddenly useless to the team, it is why I have those positions ready to be filled by others.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Alright, I am going for the Title-screen maker!

Application

Code:
    Name: Bolens
    Email: PM me for it
    MSN PM for it
    Position Title-screen Editor
    Proof Of Experience
    Project Utopia

Project Utopia

Project Utopia

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Yeah, I have a question. Do you know what you are looking for in terms of the title-screen. What Pokemon you want on it, what background?

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    OK, sounds good. When I get the time, I will get right on it.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Hmmm.... Not to sure about that one. You could ask them via PM.

Back